You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premedxdxdxd
Full Member
the second look is really close to when they accept the bulk of the class which is interestinggood luck to everyone waiting!! can't wait to meet those of you who will be part of the class on second look. reminder that WL is not rejection!
I believe Friday is "the day!". There is only the one exception to the rule so far and when I nervously called the admissions office last week (oops!) they stated that by end of day Friday things should be final/final.Ugh - should not have gotten on here this morning. Congrats on the Acceptance, but the radio silence is killing me. The only thing keeping me sane was the idea that I wouldn’t hear anything until Friday. Guess I’ll just be a ball of nerves all week 😵💫😵💫
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4 days until the "big reveal" but who's counting?
D
deleted1178478
Current mood. Took my BP at work today and my resting heart rate was 102 😵💫4 days until the "big reveal" but who's counting?![]()
D
deleted1178478
Only reason I am so nervous is that on my interview day, they said “You will get your decision by March 8”.I believe Friday is "the day!". There is only the one exception to the rule so far and when I nervously called the admissions office last week (oops!) they stated that by end of day Friday things should be final/final.
My brain heard the “by” and said, “So it could be before??”
But there is no reason they would send out staggered A/WL/R, right? It would make more sense to release it all at the same time.
Yep, I have had the same mental gyrations, but then settled on believing that the historical precedent of the Friday release will hold true..... but, yeah, I am struggling big time to the point of panic attacks. Luckily, my identity is hidden as it would be "bad look" but even though I have four acceptances they all mean almost nothing to me compared to being able to go to my dream school - which is Missouri. I want to be accepted here so badly it hurts.... I wish I could time travel to Friday.... lol - so you are not alone in stressing!
D
deleted1178478
Lucky 😭 I’m sitting here with one Waitlist, and waiting to hear from MU. I got way, way, way fewer interviews this year than I expected/hoped. Never even heard back from the university where I did my Masters.Yep, I have had the same mental gyrations, but then settled on believing that the historical precedent of the Friday release will hold true..... but, yeah, I am struggling big time to the point of panic attacks. Luckily, my identity is hidden as it would be "bad look" but even though I have four acceptances they all mean almost nothing to me compared to being able to go to my dream school - which is Missouri. I want to be accepted here so badly it hurts.... I wish I could time travel to Friday.... lol - so you are not alone in stressing!
Bummer, I am sorry to hear that. What state are you from if you do not mind me asking? But, look the waitlist could turn out well if this one doesn't. A ton of students I know came off the wait list, actually the majority of them did. So do not give up.... if you do not mind me asking, what was your GPA and MCAT?Lucky 😭 I’m sitting here with one Waitlist, and waiting to hear from MU. I got way, way, way fewer interviews this year than I expected/hoped. Never even heard back from the university where I did my Masters.
D
deleted1178478
Check your DMs :3Bummer, I am sorry to hear that. What state are you from if you do not mind me asking? But, look the waitlist could turn out well if this one doesn't. A ton of students I know came off the wait list, actually the majority of them did. So do not give up.... if you do not mind me asking, what was your GPA and MCAT?
manifesting_the_A
New Member
Has anyone gotten any scholarship notifications?
72 hours to the "big reveal" 😵
Admissions office just confirmed the Friday release is set in stone!
Word on the street is that they will start releasing Friday morning and go all day long.... so it will be a crazy Friday.... less than 48 hrs away now!
Fingers crossed everyone!Word on the street is that they will start releasing Friday morning and go all day long.... so it will be a crazy Friday.... less than 48 hrs away now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1178478
I’m so nervous 😵💫Word on the street is that they will start releasing Friday morning and go all day long.... so it will be a crazy Friday.... less than 48 hrs away now!
D
deleted1178478
Oh god don’t say that. I specifically took Friday off of work so I could have a meltdown in the privacy of my own home if need be.could be tomorrow or friday. that’s what i heard, thursday release is also possible.
D
deleted1178478
Honestly I’d be fine with a Thursday release. At least then I’d know, one way or another.sorry just giving you a heads up so yall not caught off guard. it’s possible decisions are released tomorrow. based on people i know at mizzou med and past years threads, im gonna assume its a thursday.
I also perused all the prior years' threads and thought it would be tomorrow based on that. But then I called the admissions office for the second time and they stated it would be Friday for sure. So who knows now? I would love for it to be tomorrow, though!
D
deleted1178478
I have it in my calendar as “D-Day” 😂Tomorrow is the day ladies and gents
Good luck everyone! Tonight is gonna be a loooooong night for me. Probably not a lot of sleeping 😂
Agreed! I only slept four hrs last night and that was just the prelude! It's crazy! I am already dying inside!!!I have it in my calendar as “D-Day” 😂
Good luck everyone! Tonight is gonna be a loooooong night for me. Probably not a lot of sleeping 😂
We are almost within the 24 hr window! Best of luck to you all.... this is where the rubber meets the road. You are all worthy! You are all awesome! No matter what happens, everyone has worked so hard to get to this point. It is out of our hands so let's just try to release it as we wait.
Yep - that is what the admissions office explicitly told me, so tomorrow it is!Tomorrow is the day ladies and gents
D
deleted1178478
I slept pretty well last night, but I have a feeling that tonight is gonna be roughhhhhAgreed! I only slept four hrs last night and that was just the prelude! It's crazy! I am already dying inside!!!
shhmy
New Member
Same😪Post-II IS R just now
D
deleted1178478
So they are releasing stuff today?! 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1178478
IS WL just now. Disappointing as I hoped for an acceptance, but it isn’t a rejection. Good luck everyone!
biblicalwhales
New Member
Got put on alternate list today. They said I can email tomorrow to see which third of the list I occupy
Ouch! Alternate list! Devastating!
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
D
deleted1178478
If so, I’m gonna lose my mind. I’m on the waitlist at Nova MD and they said students won’t hear anything until May, but they started sending out WL acceptances last month. So who knows, really.Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
I wonder if we can ask tomorrow or if we have to wait until Monday to see where we sit on the alternate list?
anxiouspremed99
Full Member
IS Post - II R
D
deleted1178478
I definitely only saw “Alternate list” and immediately emailed them back asking where I was. Only re-read the email and saw that they said not to do that until tomorrow. Oops 😳I wonder if we can ask tomorrow or if we have to wait until Monday to see where we sit on the alternate list?
D
deleted1178478
Actually, I just read the email (for the 5th time) and it said that acceptances AFTER July 1 will automatically come with a campus assignment, meaning acceptances BEFORE July 1 will have the opportunity to choose. So it seems like the list will move before then. Likely, a few over the next few days, then many more after the AAMC 1-acceptance deadline in April.Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
D
deleted1178478
Last year, they said it usually goes through “the middle of the middle third” so, approximately half the waitlist. That’s is in no way a solid number though.from past years, does anyone know which third of alternate list pretty much guarantees an A?
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
how/when do wait list acceptances come out? Do they do like a big batch at once? Or is it sending them out individually as wait listed people get in?Actually, I just read the email (for the 5th time) and it said that acceptances AFTER July 1 will automatically come with a campus assignment, meaning acceptances BEFORE July 1 will have the opportunity to choose. So it seems like the list will move before then. Likely, a few over the next few days, then many more after the AAMC 1-acceptance deadline in April.
top 1/3 - anything below that and it's a crapshoot, bottom 1/3 it's curtains!from past years, does anyone know which third of alternate list pretty much guarantees an A?
Hm ok so if we end up in upper third it's pretty much an ALast year, they said it usually goes through “the middle of the middle third” so, approximately half the waitlist. That’s is in no way a solid number though.
D
deleted1178478
Pretty much.Hm ok so if we end up in upper third it's pretty much an A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1178478
Individually as people reject acceptance offers.how/when do wait list acceptances come out? Do they do like a big batch at once? Or is it sending them out individually as wait listed people get in?
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
Also they said "Please be advised that we will not accept any applicant off the alternate list who has matriculated to another medical school."
Is this only if we've chosen a med school in the AAMC portal? I've been accepted at a D.O. school and paid deposit but I am not for sure committed yet.
Is this only if we've chosen a med school in the AAMC portal? I've been accepted at a D.O. school and paid deposit but I am not for sure committed yet.
biblicalwhales
New Member
someone got off the bottom 1/3 last year if you look at this threadLast year, they said it usually goes through “the middle of the middle third” so, approximately half the waitlist. That’s is in no way a solid number though.
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
someone got off the bottom 1/3 last year if you look at this thread