2023-2024 TouroCOM-CA - Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone that was WL previous years and was taken off: how quickly were you able to find housing? I'm worried that if I get off the WL it will be near the start of the semester and will struggle to find a place to live lol
Finding housing is not that difficult. There is always rooms for rent near campus or if you want more privacy there’s always a ton of apartments and studios for rent a little further from campus. I know people that were waitlisted that got housing pretty quickly. It’s not anything to really worry about.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
they are behind this year due to fafsa changes. It won't come til May or June.
The school does not have grants or scholarships so just expect to either pay out of pocket or take out federal loans for the amount
Hi, current OMS-1 here, actually the school does have a limited amount of scholarships - one of them is the IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism) Scholarship, and the amount varies depending on the amount budgeted to scholarships by the admin and the number of people who apply, etc. From this past year, the IDEA Scholarship recipients received $8000 for the whole year, divided into two semesters so $4000 each semester. There's some criteria to qualify for the scholarship and I believe that info will be sent out to all incoming OMS-1's

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, current OMS-1 here, actually the school does have a limited amount of scholarships - one of them is the IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism) Scholarship, and the amount varies depending on the amount budgeted to scholarships by the admin and the number of people who apply, etc. From this past year, the IDEA Scholarship recipients received $8000 for the whole year, divided into two semesters so $4000 each semester. There's some criteria to qualify for the scholarship and I believe that info will be sent out to all incoming OMS-1's
$8k scholarship for a $104k annual COA... oof

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can someone pls explain what we are suppose to do before may 1st if accepted tucom but on another WL at a diff school? like I've already paid the deposit but is there anything formal I need to do on the accomas website?

can someone pls explain what we are suppose to do before may 1st if accepted tucom but on another WL at a diff school? like I've already paid the deposit but is there anything formal I need to do on the accomas website?
i dont think u need to anything since u have one acceptance! just pay the 2nd deposit when they ask u to!

Reactions: 1 user