You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why Long not published 2024 residency match list as it did before? Just curious.
It depends on the school, some will publish it right away and others take their time depending on work load with all the other things they are busy with.
Refer to past year's lists to get an idea, here: OFFICIAL - 2024 Match Lists
At the top you will see hyperlinks to past years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drmrcaptn
Full Member
Do you have to email the withdrawn schools too?anyone who has withdrawn an acceptance, how long did it take to show up on your AMCAS CYMS?
In my opinion it is best to email them directly as well as doing it on a portal like AMCAS CYMS tool or others. Be polite but be sure to make your intentions to withdraw clear.Do you have to email the withdrawn schools too?
Last edited:
mindresolve
Full Member
What is COE?yea 5k from COE
jack lock
Full Member
I think circle of excellence scholarshipWhat is COE?
idt they gave out any offers from the wl yet based on that email they sent yesterday
goodfellas4312
New Member
yeahI think circle of excellence scholarship
anAvacado....thanks
Full Member
Dr k just said in the Q and A session that they will probably meet and send out the first round of waitlist acceptances next week.just a heads up but a few ppl are withdrawing from long, so maybe movement will occur in the next day or 2?
Turns out we can stay on TMDSAS waitlists after our AMCAS CTE date since they're two different systems
You can stay on waitlists for a while on both if you have no admissions.Turns out we can stay on TMDSAS waitlists after our AMCAS CTE date since they're two different systems
You lose your TMDSAS waitlists on May 15th if you have a TMDSAS admission already.
Just to clarify, does this mean (if I was only waitlisted for Texas Schools) that I can commit to enroll right away and I would still be on the waitlists for other TMDSAS schools because its a different system? And also does Long not have an early commit to enroll deadline?
Your question itself needs clarification!Just to clarify, does this mean (if I was only waitlisted for Texas Schools) that I can commit to enroll right away and I would still be on the waitlists for other TMDSAS schools because its a different system? And also does Long not have an early commit to enroll deadline?
1. Are you IS or OOS for Texas?
2. Do you have an AMCAS acceptance but only TMDSAS waitlists?
3. When is the CTE deadline for your AMCAS school?
With those answers I might be able to reply.
It’s your task to learn the deadlines for each of your remaining schools
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am IS Texas and have matched w/ Long. I am also on the waitlist for a couple Texas Schools. I have also withdrawn from all amcas schools, Thanks!Your question itself needs clarification!
1. Are you IS or OOS for Texas?
2. Do you have an AMCAS acceptance but only TMDSAS waitlists?
3. When is the CTE deadline for your AMCAS school?
With those answers I might be able to reply.
It’s your task to learn the deadlines for each of your remaining schools
Last edited:
Right now Long is your acceptance. You may stay on the WLs for the other TMDSAS schools until May 15th; after that date new offers from TMDSAS schools only go out to Texans who hold no TMDSAS acceptances or to OOS applicants.I am IS Texas and have matched w/ Long. I am also on the waitlist for a couple Texas Schools. I have also withdrawn from all amcas schools, Thanks!
In other words, you'll know in 13 days where you will be going.
I guess my question was supposed to be whether I am supposed to commit to enroll to Long on AMCAS right now? (or if that is not something that matters since I am in the TMDSAS system)Right now Long is your acceptance. You may stay on the WLs for the other TMDSAS schools until May 15th; after that date new offers from TMDSAS schools only go out to Texans who hold no TMDSAS acceptances or to OOS applicants.
In other words, you'll know in 13 days where you will be going.
You don't have to use the tool since you have only 1 acceptance. Don't do anything for 2 weeks.I guess my question was supposed to be whether I am supposed to commit to enroll to Long on AMCAS right now? (or if that is not something that matters since I am in the TMDSAS system)
I’m also in a somewhat similar situation to acaibowls.
I have an AMCAS school acceptance, matched to Long via TMDSAS, and am on a TMDSAS waitlist for another school.
If I drop the TMDSAS acceptance by May 15th, does that mean I remain on the waitlist for TMDSAS?
Basically trying to see what my choices are here. If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!
I have an AMCAS school acceptance, matched to Long via TMDSAS, and am on a TMDSAS waitlist for another school.
If I drop the TMDSAS acceptance by May 15th, does that mean I remain on the waitlist for TMDSAS?
Basically trying to see what my choices are here. If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!
See @texasvandy 's comment above 2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)I’m also in a somewhat similar situation to acaibowls.
I have an AMCAS school acceptance, matched to Long via TMDSAS, and am on a TMDSAS waitlist for another school.
If I drop the TMDSAS acceptance by May 15th, does that mean I remain on the waitlist for TMDSAS?
Basically trying to see what my choices are here. If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!
Just to clarify, it says on the TMDSAS website that after May 15th, "Medical schools can no longer make offers to Texas resident applicants holding another seat."See @texasvandy 's comment above 2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)
So would be correct in assuming that if I don't hold any acceptances to a TMDSAS school (even though I technically withdrew from Long after being accepted) on/after May15th, I can remain on the waitlists for TMDSAS schools?
They are not expecting you to game the system to stay on waitlists. As far as they are concerned you were given an admission and you kept it through the match and thats what holds. Dropping it now may never even be reflected on TMDSAS system.Just to clarify, it says on the TMDSAS website that after May 15th, "Medical schools can no longer make offers to Texas resident applicants holding another seat."
So would be correct in assuming that if I don't hold any acceptances to a TMDSAS school (even though I technically withdrew from Long after being accepted) on/after May15th, I can remain on the waitlists for TMDSAS schools?
If you are OOS, you could be on waitlists indefinitely. I suspect the waitlists do not favor OOS after May 15th either, primarily because Texas wants to ensure those with no admissions are favored over OOS at that point.
DM meJust to clarify, it says on the TMDSAS website that after May 15th, "Medical schools can no longer make offers to Texas resident applicants holding another seat."
So would be correct in assuming that if I don't hold any acceptances to a TMDSAS school (even though I technically withdrew from Long after being accepted) on/after May15th, I can remain on the waitlists for TMDSAS schools?
Oh btw people on the waitlist they said next week they'll probably give 15-20 WL acceptances next week
anAvacado....thanks
Full Member
Oos acceptance just now.
roastbeef02
Full Member
Any instate acceptances?
Congrats dude !Oos acceptance just now.
i'd bet probably soAny instate acceptances?
RIP
roastbeef02
Full Member
Yippeei'd bet probably so
RIP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jack lock
Full Member
Well groupme is losing ppl not gaining 🤷🏾♂️i'd bet probably so
RIP
Hope for maybe not IS yet then :’)Well groupme is losing ppl not gaining 🤷🏾♂️
Wishing for your successHope for maybe not IS yet then :’)
Thank you big broWishing for your success
Alr for every1 as neurotic as me and for complete transparency I called the admissions office and they said they started offering spots (as we saw yesterday) and they meet twice a week to review the apps so I'm hoping that yesterday was just for OOS bc it might be easier bc there are less of them to review and whenever they meet again this week is for IS (complete speculation on my part tho and would be proved wrong if someone knows of an IS that got in off WL)
Last edited:
roastbeef02
Full Member
Doing God’s work man thank you. I’m stressing over here lolAlr for every1 as neurotic as me and for complete transparency I called the admissions office and they said they started offering spots (as we saw yesterday) and they meet twice a week to review the apps so I'm hoping that yesterday was just for OOS bc it might be easier bc there are less of them to review and whenever they meet again this week is for IS (complete speculation on my part tho)
Welcome!!!I got off the wait list yesterday. OOS too. Totally going!
More proof of my theory lfgI got off the wait list yesterday. OOS too. Totally going!
Are there people here who are trying to move up to Long vs those with only waitlists and no As?
I'm on 3 waitlists and have no As, but I assume there is a mix of all kinds until 5/15 !Are there people here who are trying to move up to Long vs those with only waitlists and no As?
TripleOctopus
Full Member
I am in the exact same boat, 3 WL no As.I'm on 3 waitlists and have no As, but I assume there is a mix of all kinds until 5/15 !
caduceus_vs_asclepius
New Member
Man, this stress is unbearable. My heart skips a beat every time the phone rings. Hang in there my friends!! We will know one way or another soon enough 🙂
Spam calls are the worst right now lmaoMan, this stress is unbearable. My heart skips a beat every time the phone rings. Hang in there my friends!! We will know one way or another soon enough 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A direct and respectful email to the admissions office is best.Got accepted yesterday. For those that have current schools whose offers we have accepted, how do we inform them of our intent to no longer be a student there?
If it's an AMCAS school and has a portal to use to withdraw, you could do that as well.
congratulations!
Any others ?Got accepted yesterday. For those that have current schools whose offers we have accepted, how do we inform them of our intent to no longer be a student there?
roastbeef02
Full Member
At this point, I think I need to just pretend I’m not on any waitlists for the sake of my sanity.Any others ?
Same.Could someone send me the GroupMe link for accepted students?
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to update my courses before sending my transcript as the TMDSAS instructions say as well.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K