2024-2025 Charles R Drew

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a full tuition scholarship!! This school just jumped up my list especially after their recent success with the match.
Be mindful that they only shared the match rates of the CDU/UCLA program graduates, so that might not be reflective of CDU's future match rates, we may get a better picture in two years after CDU graduates its first class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
current ms1 at cdu. just a reminder that there will be most likely be movement over the next month or two, especially after "commit to enroll" which is on April 30th. Tuition packages will also impact decisions. a good portion of my class came off the waitlist
 
current ms1 at cdu. just a reminder that there will be most likely be movement over the next month or two, especially after "commit to enroll" which is on April 30th. Tuition packages will also impact decisions. a good portion of my class came off the waitlist

Thats good to hear! Currently on the WL and im hoping to get in! CDU is local for me so its def my top choice. How is the financial aid package? Do most students get good aid?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading over last years sdn and there were two waitlist emails send. One on feb and the other one around April/may. Do any of y’all know what that’s means or if it will happen again this year?
 
I was reading over last years sdn and there were two waitlist emails send. One on feb and the other one around April/may. Do any of y’all know what that’s means or if it will happen again this year?
Like the rank was sent? Or another wave of students were sent waitlist ?
 
It’s seems other students received the waitlist email around April/May. If you go back page 14-18 of last year sdn, you can see it. Let me know if you understand what really happen
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The acceptance email I received said
"Tuition Scholarships
Internal tuition scholarships will be awarded by the CDU scholarship committee. All accepted students are eligible, and every application is sent to the scholarship committee for review after acceptance. "

Not sure if this is for the full-tuition ones or just in general. Curious about that too, I only got A email, no call. Not sure if there is a difference who gets call or email. For the record I got Rejection email --> generic WL email --> official WL email --> Acceptance email. Interviewed around early October.
 
The acceptance email I received said
"Tuition Scholarships
Internal tuition scholarships will be awarded by the CDU scholarship committee. All accepted students are eligible, and every application is sent to the scholarship committee for review after acceptance. "

Not sure if this is for the full-tuition ones or just in general. Curious about that too, I only got A email, no call. Not sure if there is a difference who gets call or email. For the record I got Rejection email --> generic WL email --> official WL email --> Acceptance email. Interviewed around early October.
Did you get accepted today?
 
On my acceptance call they told me that I’ll be put in a pool of people that qualify for it. Maybe 2 weeks later I was notified that I was one out of five picked for it.
When you got your acceptance, did they call you and sent an email. Or email and then call? Congrats btw!
 
The acceptance email I received said
"Tuition Scholarships
Internal tuition scholarships will be awarded by the CDU scholarship committee. All accepted students are eligible, and every application is sent to the scholarship committee for review after acceptance. "

Not sure if this is for the full-tuition ones or just in general. Curious about that too, I only got A email, no call. Not sure if there is a difference who gets call or email. For the record I got Rejection email --> generic WL email --> official WL email --> Acceptance email. Interviewed around early October.
How long after the rejection email did you get the generic wait list email?
 
It could be that unaccepted students joined the gc and that’s why the number is so high.
Im still on WL hoping for an A.
 
Well I think there’s more students than 60 in the group chat because people who initially were accepted may have withdrawn for another school (and they’re still in the group chat)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are still a handful of students on the groupme waiting to hear back from other schools. On April 30th, everyone who holds multiple acceptances will have to commit to one school. So you should expect some waitlist movement around that time.
 
There are still a handful of students on the groupme waiting to hear back from other schools. On April 30th, everyone who holds multiple acceptances will have to commit to one school. So you should expect some waitlist movement around that time.
Ok but what is the specific CTE date for drew? I don’t see it anywhere on their site