-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Look at c drew ^ that seems inaccurate tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So based on this it says Cdu has 60 waitlist spots and takes maybe 3?Look at c drew ^ that seems inaccurate tho
soontobemed_
Full Member
which is questionable because the initial mass waitlist email was sent to about 190 people.So based on this it says Cdu has 60 waitlist spots and takes maybe 3?
Unless the mistake R email was meant for majority that received it and then the actual waitlist email was corrected and sent to the appropriate recipients. i don’t know
I believe majority of us here that got the R got the individual waitlisted email after .which is questionable because the initial mass waitlist email was sent to about 190 people.
Unless the mistake R email was meant for majority that received it and then the actual waitlist email was corrected and sent to the appropriate recipients. i don’t know
MedMaverickX
Full Member
I'm disappointed to hear that many other interviewers have had experiences with Dr. Loeza. I had hoped that I was a one-time thing but it seems that is not the case. She was hands down the worst interviewer that I had this cycle. From the beginning, she wasn't welcoming at all and her tone and facial expressions screamed " I don't want to be here" even as I answered questions. I was taken aback by the whole experience causing me not to do well but somehow I still got the A... The cherry on top was she gave a very condescending answer to one of my questions which was ironically, very incorrect and uninformed.I talked about it in an earlier post during the R wave in January 20-21. Basically she got frustrated with me answering a straightforward question for too long, or giving a lot of details. I really don’t wanna get into the specifics but she got really frustrated 😭 Honestly don’t mind anymore since I have an acceptance, but it threw me off guard. But what’s happening now with the decisions is something else!
I'm so glad that she was my first interviewee in the cycle because it highlighted how an interviewer should NOT conduct themselves. After CDU every other interview felt more comfortable and welcoming compared to Dr. Loeza, (seriusly a night and day difference) so I'll give her credit for that.
Sorry for the rant. Reading about other's experiences with her brought all the frustration back. She is not a good look for the school. Congrats on the A @NeverGiveUp199 I think we dodged a bullet.
Last edited:
soontobemed_
Full Member
then that would mean +100 people on the WL… considering all the confusion the least they could do is disclose how many people are on the waitlist aside from the rankingI believe majority of us here that got the R got the individual waitlisted email after .
slownsteady02
Full Member
I think that people did get individual after the whole my bad email but not everyone on the email. Also has anyone gotten a response to accepting or denying the wl position? Also like i hate playing detective with them. I just want some clarityI believe majority of us here that got the R got the individual waitlisted email after .
slownsteady02
Full Member
Any update for anyone?
IS A call just now!! After receiving the initial rejection letter then waitlist with the rest of you.
With an LM of 60, there is hope ya'll!
With an LM of 60, there is hope ya'll!
we’re you ok the top of the list sent to all for the waitlist ?IS A call just now!! After receiving the initial rejection letter then waitlist with the rest of you.
With an LM of 60, there is hope ya'll!
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
Can you clarify the question?we’re you ok the top of the list sent to all for the waitlist ?
Congrats! On the list of emails cced was your email closest to the top or bottom?IS A call just now!! After receiving the initial rejection letter then waitlist with the rest of you.
With an LM of 60, there is hope ya'll!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS A call just now!! After receiving the initial rejection letter then waitlist with the rest of you.
With an LM of 60, there is hope ya'll!
I was in the bottom quarter of the list of emails, so I don't think it has much to do with where you were placed . But thank you! Also not 100% sure that I'll be matriculating quite yet. Waiting to hear back from my top choice and another CA MD school. So my spot may still be up for grabs!Congrats! On the list of emails cced was your email closest to the top or bottom?
Did you get a waitlist email sent to only you with your name on it ?I was in the bottom quarter of the list of emails, so I don't think it has much to do with where you were placed . But thank you! Also not 100% sure that I'll be matriculating quite yet. Waiting to hear back from my top choice and another CA MD school. So my spot may still be up for grabs!
Right after the rejection email I was sent one without my name on it. Then about an hour later I received one with my name on it.Did you get a waitlist email sent to only you with your name on it ?
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
IS A - a couple of days after the fiasco
I got the rejection then the WL and then the acceptance shortly after. Another school reached out to me, but I might qualify for full tuition so idk if I’ll drop CDU yet. But if I do, I’ll mention it here.
Good luck
I got the rejection then the WL and then the acceptance shortly after. Another school reached out to me, but I might qualify for full tuition so idk if I’ll drop CDU yet. But if I do, I’ll mention it here.
Good luck
Damn seems like everyone has been IS. Did you get a waitlist email with your name on it after the mass one ?IS A - a couple of days after the fiasco
I got the rejection then the WL and then the acceptance shortly after. Another school reached out to me, but I might qualify for full tuition so idk if I’ll drop CDU yet. But if I do, I’ll mention it here.
Good luck
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
Yes, but I was also told otp that I was supposed to be accepted outright so idk the logistics behind that.Damn seems like everyone has been IS. Did you get a waitlist email with your name on it after the mass one ?
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
I’m from NorCal so apparently with the info from my app and being from NorCal I qualify for the scholarship. They send out everyone’s info to the scholarship place (everyone that qualifies ofc) and then that place chooses 5 students.Wait what do you mean about full tuition? CDU will pay full tuition?
slownsteady02
Full Member
For those who got off the WL did you ever get a response to ur acceptance of being on the WL?
soontobemed_
Full Member
same hereI got a thumbs up
slownsteady02
Full Member
Hmm did u just respond to the email or did you send a whole new email?I got a thumbs up
slownsteady02
Full Member
Hmm ok thanks imma just email her directly then bc i never got a response when i replied to th personalized wl offer.
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
I got the personalized WL email but I never got a response to me accepting the WL position :/Hmm ok thanks imma just email her directly then bc i never got a response when i replied to th personalized wl offer.
purpleyurble
Full Member
didnt get a response to accepting WL and got accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When and IS or OOSdidnt get a response to accepting WL and got accepted
TA777
New Member
didnt get a response to accepting WL and got accepted
congrats!! Where was your name located in the waitlist email that went to everyone. And IS or OOSdidnt get a response to accepting WL and got accepted
It’s been full hence the waitlist I think spots will open up around the aamc deadlinesDo y’all know if the class is full already ?
slownsteady02
Full Member
What are the aamc deadlines??It’s been full hence the waitlist I think spots will open up around the aamc deadlines
The day ppl have to commit to one school I think it’s april 31st or somethingWhat are the aamc deadlines??
Obedientlime
New Member
Having the deadline be on a non-existent calendar day would be so on brand for AAMC 😩The day ppl have to commit to one school I think it’s april 31st or something
This is an actual day lol lemme find itHaving the deadline be on a non-existent calendar day would be so on brand for AAMC 😩
April 30, 2025: Applicants must choose one school to "Plan to Enroll" and withdraw from other acceptances.
slownsteady02
Full Member
And then those on the wl will then be accepted then right?April 30, 2025: Applicants must choose one school to "Plan to Enroll" and withdraw from other acceptances.
Maybe not me or you maybe both of us maybe one of us. But ya people on the WL will be accepted but realistically given how large that waitlist is I doubt it’s more than 15-20% of us coming off given a 60 person class sizeAnd then those on the wl will then be accepted then right?
slownsteady02
Full Member
Lol true plus i saw the group me for accepted getting full at 50 ppl in there ( i didn’t join btw) but previous classes said half the class came from the wl so imma stay hopeful but keep moving like imma reapply😅Maybe not me or you maybe both of us maybe one of us. But ya people on the WL will be accepted but realistically given how large that waitlist is I doubt it’s more than 15-20% of us coming off given a 60 person class size
Hey don’t quote me but I think you’re slightly incorrect. Commit to enroll means you have to drop other acceptances but I don’t think waitlists as well. The hole point of commit to enroll is to be fair to those who are on waitlists. Ironically that date should be around when they themselves are taken off of waitlistsA few students talked about waitlist spots they are holding and recent interviews, however if they don’t hear back by April 30th(commit to enroll deadline) and CDU is their only acceptance, they have no choice but to stay at CDU since it makes you withdraw from all waitlist and other schools when you commit to enroll
Historically waitlist movement only happens late April and may. June if you’re an unlucky mf
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bro whatttt. What if I’m waitlisted on tmdsas and amcas ?? No AWhen I look at the website it says “By selecting "Commit to Enroll," you have indicated that you made your final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions”. I think because it’s unfair to schools to have to scramble to replace you last minute if you get off waitlist. so once you commit you’re actually committing and supposed to withdraw your applications elsewhere. It sucks.
So for all my waitlist baddies (lessss gooo) just wanted to share some hope for us. Last years thread was similar where 60 ppl were offered As and the rest waitlist. During March there was a lot of movement down the waitlist. As ppl withdrew their As more and more waitlisters came off. So lets hope thats similar this year! And hopefully March will be a good month for us. Hope yall are doing great!!
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
I am excitedSo for all my waitlist baddies (lessss gooo) just wanted to share some hope for us. Last years thread was similar where 60 ppl were offered As and the rest waitlist. During March there was a lot of movement down the waitlist. As ppl withdrew their As more and more waitlisters came off. So lets hope thats similar this year! And hopefully March will be a good month for us. Hope yall are doing great!!
francisiburtopremed
Full Member
just withdrew my A!! hope it goes to one of yall!!