-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Florida International (FIU)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glittersparkles
Full Member
no clue about an II but as far as rejection it won't be until the end of the cycle. I emailed them a while back about it and this was their response "we notify the applicants at the end of the cycle if they have not been invited for interviews."I was complete on 10/2 (sadly very late, I know). Does anyone have a rough estimate when I'd hear back from them about either an II or rejection? I think it's still too soon for me to expect to hear from them.
ShishaEnthusiast
New Member
Is there a GroupMe for accepted applicants?
I had two 1-on-1 interviews! One with a faculty and one with a student. Both were relaxed and chill, and they asked pretty much your standard questions. It was my first interview of the cycle and they were SO nice.Couldn't find too much about this on the interview feedback site. But, do they ask a ton of ethical questions and how are they? It's my first interview (and only one, so far) in the cycle and I'm a bit worried.
glittersparkles
Full Member
any IIs lately? or are they pretty much done interviewing?
drdoodlebob
Full Member
They do, you just upload it to the portal.Does this school accept pre-II updates? I've tried looking for this information on their website, but couldn't find anything.
Any chance of II still?
tamparesident
Full Member
I really hope so
SeaMonster
Full Member
+1 IS WL 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are interviewing through MarchAny chance of II still?
start or end of march?They are interviewing through March
medicalchic17
Full Member
its finally my turn🥹 IS A like an hour ago
medicalchic17
Full Member
bumping this message!Is there a GroupMe for accepted applicants?
SocalPremed00
Full Member
OOS II, 2° completed early Sept!
commodore305
Full Member
congrats! stats?OOS II, 2° completed early Sept!
Hurricanado
Full Member
AND you just got II Miller and Morsani suddenly too. Hope indeedy. 😉+1 IS II today!!! Had lost hope!
Long time comment reader, first time commenter! Happy to answer any questions post-interview, mine is scheduled 2/10! 🙂AND you just got II Miller and Morsani suddenly too. Hope indeedy. 😉
Long time comment reader, first time commenter! Happy to answer any questions post-interview, mine is scheduled 2/10! 🙂
congrats!! did you submit an update letter?
Congrats! What are your stats?+1 IS II today!!! Had lost hope!
I did! Submitted my secondary 7/15/24, submitted my update letter 10/13/24. I talked about what I'm doing in my gap year (working in the ER of a public hospital and treating patients of all backgrounds) and how that related to FIU's mission of being community-based.congrats!! did you submit an update letter?
514 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, 500+ volunteering and research hours and 1000+ clinical hoursCongrats! What are your stats?
Mbuckets13
Full Member
any more interview invites going out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Does anyone know if any more interview invites will be extended?
Last edited:
medmintchip
Full Member
Not yet 🙁Anyone hear anything yet?
I just got the A through phone call!Not yet 🙁
medmintchip
Full Member
Omg congrats that's amazing!!!! Thank you for letting me know 🙂I just got the A through phone call!
doctoringbeaches
Full Member
Is there an accepted students GroupMe?
medmintchip
Full Member
Just got the A through phone call as well. My first A :')I just got the A through phone call!
Yay congrats!!!! 🎉Just got the A through phone call as well. My first A :')
worriedasfrick
New Member
Did anyone else not hear back today? 🙁 I know during the interview they said "on or after February 25," but based on past cycles and the current one, it seems as though decisions were given on the date they mentioned each time.
Maple Syrup med
Full Member
Nothing here as well.Did anyone else not hear back today? 🙁 I know during the interview they said "on or after February 25," but based on past cycles and the current one, it seems as though decisions were given on the date they mentioned each time.
chemicalrush21
Full Member
It's like they were listening to me 🥲🙏 exactly 24 hours later, +1 IIDoes anyone know if any more interview invites will be extended?
Congratulations! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?It's like they were listening to me 🥲🙏 exactly 24 hours later, +1 II
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Thank you! LM 70. MCAT above median, but GPA below.Congratulations! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
If someone who has interviewed here could PM me, I would love to ask a few questions about the interview format! Bit confused on some specifics. Thank you in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
commodore305
Full Member
+1 IS II
Mbuckets13
Full Member
any word on if they are still releasing interview invites or is the class pretty much full?
nolemedgirl
Full Member
IS Pre-II R 💔 this was one of my top choices so this one hurt!
icedmatchalatte
Full Member
+1 IS Pre-II R - application cycle for them officially closed 🙁
tpaflamingo
Full Member
+1 IS Pre-II R