You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Florida International (FIU)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+IS pre-II R
AnthonyFauci
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed late in the cycle gotten an acceptance ? curious to whether they filled their class already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medmintchip
Full Member
Yes! Interviewed + received A in febHas anyone who interviewed late in the cycle gotten an acceptance ? curious to whether they filled their class already
meredithgrey4
New Member
Just wanted to follow up and ask, is there a groupme for accepted students yet?
doctoringbeaches
Full Member
Have any accepted students received their financial aid packages yet?
sammysalami123
New Member
Good luck everyone on what I assume is the last wave of decisions tomorrow! Hopefully they don't keep us waiting too long on April Fools Day lol
meredithgrey4
New Member
no not yetHave any accepted students received their financial aid packages yet?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
When were you accepted if you don't mind me asking?no not yet
meredithgrey4
New Member
Oct 15thWhen were you accepted if you don't mind me asking?
meredithgrey4
New Member
Has anyone gone to the "Welcome Home Visits" or is anyone planning on going or has any insight on it? Like how important it is, what to wear, etc?
sammysalami123
New Member
IS A received at 1:55PM!
commodore305
Full Member
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!IS A received at 1:55PM!
detailgranola_
New Member
was it a phone call?IS A received at 1:55PM!
sammysalami123
New Member
yes phone call and email shortly afterwas it a phone call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
commodore305
Full Member
+1 IS A SOOOO HAPPY (phone call then email)
commodore305
Full Member
following up on this ?Just wanted to follow up and ask, is there a groupme for accepted students yet?
medicalchic17
Full Member
following up on this ?
GroupMe - Join the group for FIU HWCOM CLASS OF 2029
Hey Everyone! Welcome to the official GroupMe for FIU HWCOM CLASS OF 2029 🩺
groupme.com
andydoc121212
New Member
has anyone gotten off WL?
medmintchip
Full Member
Does anyone know when we will receive financial aid information?
meredithgrey4
New Member
not yet, wondering the same thingHas anyone heard from financial aid?
cerebralforks
Full Member
yeah that’s what i did and they got back to me right awayFor withdrawing an acceptance here, do we just send an email?
miamitrafficreport
New Member
Off waitlist yesterday😁
Elkcurtains
Full Member
Congratulations!!! What time did they tell you and was it a call or email?Off waitlist yesterday😁
miamitrafficreport
New Member
Thank you!! Call around 4 then email came right after.Congratulations!!! What time did they tell you and was it a call or email?
Flaming_Chinchilla
New Member
Has anyone else gotten off the waitlist?
Flaming_Chinchilla
New Member
Yea I was thinking the same…most of the movement happened the first 2/3 weeks of mayb so we’ll seeNot here sadly. Hoping for some movement this week based on the last few years' threads.
msdoctorita
New Member
accepted from WL on 5/1 ! was WL on 1/28, interviewed 1/6Has anyone else gotten off the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grant Ludwig
Full Member
I am so tweaking rn lmao. WL 10/15, sent LOI 4/4. Admit.org and CycleTrack has no data for May for this school so I hope to hear something within the next week but like omfg come on
msdoctorita
New Member
does anyone know if scholarships are given out with financial aid later, or separately?
Grant Ludwig
Full Member
Manifesting WL movement today! I hope everyone gets into at least one school 🙂
medmintchip
Full Member
Have you received a financial aid letter from FIU?does anyone know if scholarships are given out with financial aid later, or separately?
msdoctorita
New Member
no unfortunately 🙁 i got off the WL recently so i wasn't sure if anyone had received aid yetHave you received a financial aid letter from FIU?
medmintchip
Full Member
Ahh congrats! i'm still waiting for aid letter as well :/no unfortunately 🙁 i got off the WL recently so i wasn't sure if anyone had received aid yet
Elkcurtains
Full Member
Did everyone who got off the waitlist find out on a Thursday?
D
deleted1217153
I just got an email for their Graduate Certificate program, anyone else? Seems from the email this does not neccesarily bode badly for WL chances, but anyone know anything different?
Grant Ludwig
Full Member
Ya I got the same thing. Guaranteed admission if you get a B or better and have a 3.7 at the end of the spring is pretty crazy though. I may actually consider it.I just got an email for their Graduate Certificate program, anyone else? Seems from the email this does not neccesarily bode badly for WL chances, but anyone know anything different?
Chandler Wilson
New Member
I did it and would definitely recommend it for the guaranteed acceptance. The professors are great and you get to learn the same info as the first year of med at FIU.I just got an email for their Graduate Certificate program, anyone else? Seems from the email this does not neccesarily bode badly for WL chances, but anyone know anything different?
Last edited:
munchkindonutbb
Full Member
for those who were accepted from the waitlist, did they call in the morning or afternoon?
Elkcurtains
Full Member
Got off the waitlist this morning. They called around 11am
munchkindonutbb
Full Member
Congrats!!🎊 Do you mind sharing your stats?Got off the waitlist this morning. They called around 11am
Elkcurtains
Full Member
Sure. 4.0 gpa 513 MCAT.Congrats!!🎊 Do you mind sharing your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grant Ludwig
Full Member
So like is waitlist cooked😭
munchkindonutbb
Full Member
I really hope not 😭So like is waitlist cooked😭
Grant Ludwig
Full Member
Well get in… tmr? Or maybe the next day? Or maybe the one after that😭I really hope not 😭
munchkindonutbb
Full Member
Praying we get accepted sometime soon😪Well get in… tmr? Or maybe the next day? Or maybe the one after that😭
Idk how accurate it is, but I keep seeing the group me member # and the Facebook # go up😭. we may have a chance tho considering there’s about ~120 people per class in the previous years
D
deleted1217153
So like is waitlist cooked😭
Good news is, at least we are waiting it out together!I really hope not 😭
I think the GroupMe and FaceBook group are at around 90ish members, so maybe there is some room still. FIU had a planning to enroll deadline around this time in previous years, so maybe there could be some movement around that time. I am happy that there has been some good waitlist movement so far this year though!
I mean technically is not technically over until it's over the last week of July- I have heard someone in previous years got off just the week before. Praying we all get in!