You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Hofstra
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SameI haven't heard back since my September interview
pickleloverforlife
Full Member
Interviewed 1/8 and still haven't heard back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chocdoc2028
Full Member
is there a groupchat for accepted students? or has anyone had any communication about financial aid packages/housing and how that would work?
chocdoc2028
Full Member
could I DM w/ questions about the pre-matriculation process(es)?Current zsom student.
The first block is an 8 week intro course that includes getting a state EMT certification. The state requires enough ambulance rides to get 10 patient encounters, which usually takes 2 shifts, rarely 3. Prior EMT's go through the course with the rest of the class. After the first block there are no EMT-related requirements.
If you love EMS theoretically you can get a part-time gig or do the occasional one-off shift for some extra cash, but I don't know anyone who does. Your free time will become very valuable and you'd have to be really passionate about EMS to justify it, but it's definitely an option if you want it.
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Interviewed in September and got a CR in January…am I cooked?
ProspStudent8
New Member
Same!
D
deleted1208613
Hello everyone, I interviewed in December and got a continued review at the end of January. Is that any better than waitlist? Does anybody have any information on that? I’d appreciate it.
EchoTrail26
New Member
IS A! Interview 2/12
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Seconding thisHello everyone, I interviewed in December and got a continued review at the end of January. Is that any better than waitlist? Does anybody have any information on that? I’d appreciate it.
bygracethroughfaith
Full Member
OOS A earlier this morning! Interviewed 1/24
imperiosobayleaf
Full Member
did anybody that interviewed 1/17 hear back?
shearwaves
New Member
IS A yesterday!! interviewed 1/8 LM 73.8
redfish-bluefish
Full Member
Do you guys think there’s a chance for more A’s? 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1208613
I got a continued review a couple months ago and at the bottom of the letter it says decisions will be made by the end of March. And earlier today, I got a email that says first tier waitlist I don’t know how small or large that category is.Do you guys think there’s a chance for more A’s? 🥲
imperiosobayleaf
Full Member
first tier wait list today, interviewed 1/17
sweetstyle
Full Member
Have they ever made it to second tier WL in recent years?
JurassicPenguin
Full Member
^ wonder this as well. Just got a 2nd tier wait-list today, interviewed 1/22
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Historically what does the 1st tier waitlist movement look like?
EpigeneticPlasmid
Full Member
I also got the reminder WL survey email so I think it is probably automaticAnyone who already filled out the WL survey get another email reminding you to fill it out? Are they just looking for updates? Or do we think it’s just automatic?
Affectionate_Lock
New Member
I received my fin aid offer and it includes a "ZSOM Tuition Scholarship" in addition to a bunch of federal/institutional loans. I'm wondering what this tuition scholarship is based on? Would I be able to accept this scholarship but not accept the loans? So my COA would be total COA - ZSOM Tuition Scholarship? Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!
Don’t need to accept northwell loans. It’s for people who are planning on taking out loans to reduce their loan burdens because northwell offers much more favorable terms. Can always double check with school to be certain but would make no sense for them to force you to accept a loan.I received my fin aid offer and it includes a "ZSOM Tuition Scholarship" in addition to a bunch of federal/institutional loans. I'm wondering what this tuition scholarship is based on? Would I be able to accept this scholarship but not accept the loans? So my COA would be total COA - ZSOM Tuition Scholarship? Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!
krispykremes4life
Full Member
Wait there is a waitlist for MD/PhD?Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like for MD/PhD?
D
deleted1208613
Does anyone know if Zucker has a HPWL in addition to 1st tier WL?
I seem to remember people posting HPWL
I seem to remember people posting HPWL
if you have also been following einstein, maybe you mixed it up with them? I think zsom is only t1/t2Does anyone know if Zucker has a HPWL in addition to 1st tier WL?
I seem to remember people posting HPWL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1208613
Yes thank you
Of course! Apologies for the delay; I'm on here once in a blue moon lolcould I DM w/ questions about the pre-matriculation process(es)?
SuperDoof123
Full Member
If I sent a letter of interest before getting waitlisted, and then elaborated on my interest in the waitlist survey, is there anything else I should do before WL movement hopefully begins in the next coming weeks?
D
deleted1191314
Idk if its mandatory but they've sent like 3 reminder emails so its probably importantIs the waitlist survey mandatory?
Just withdrew my A! Hope it goes to one of you 🙂
hockeydoc93
New Member
is the interest survey for accepted students mandatory?
D
deleted1204779
does anyone know of anyone who got A from 2nd tier WL?
showcasepumpkin
Full Member
can we expect WL movement next week?
mamaMother
Full Member
does anyone know what the waitlist zoom call today is gonna be about?
Check your email spam. I'm Waitlist Tier 2 and I received the zoom call invitethere's a waitlist zoom call? dam why make a tier 2 when ur gonna treat us like this lol
oh lol i dont see it in my spam either but good to know we weren’t neglected. idk when it‘s supposed to start but i‘ll reach out to them. thx!Check your email spam. I'm Waitlist Tier 2 and I received the zoom call invite
D
deleted1191314
Recap of the waitlist call:
- More info on the curriculum, student resources, etc.
- They ctrl+c ctrl +v this to every question about when waitlist movement happens/is most active: "You may hear anytime between now and the first day of classes. Our CTE deadline is July 1."
- “We have taken students off the 2nd-tier waitlist in the past." Dean said that she remembers one girl who got off it last year. I think she meant it in a ‘it's definitely possible!’ type of way, but it sounded to me like it's basically non-existent. ZSOM = “Zero Spots Open for Me"
- There is some internal ranking in the waitlist beyond the Tier 1/Tier 2, but it isn’t set in stone.
- Financial aid packages come almost immediately after acceptance.
- 141 people on the call, of which 10ish were ZSOM students/adcoms.
- Some students were a bit over the top when it came to asking questions lol
there's a waitlist zoom call? dam why make a tier 2 when ur gonna treat us like this lol
It was at the bottom of another survey email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SuperDoof123
Full Member
MD/PhD applicants on the waitlist – did your waitlist email mention anything about the MD/PhD program? Were there any MD/PhD applicants on yesterday's info session? Seems the like the info session was geared towards MD applicants, which was odd.
showcasepumpkin
Full Member
Can we expect WL movement this week?
pickleloverforlife
Full Member
so when do we think some more decisions are gonna drop? this wait has got me going crazy
showcasepumpkin
Full Member
can we expect some As today? i also cannot wait any longer