You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wrote a particular group of diseases relevant to my family and how I have been motivated to exploring the disease and disease processes in medical school. Honestly, it does not even have to be medicine-related. What do you want to learn more about or find answers to?Anyone else confused by the "intellectual curiosity" question?
That is how I would approach it, at least.
Take a chill pill.Did anyone else not receive IS secondary yet? verified before 6/28, got that they received my app on 6/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just paid again and it went through this time. I shot them an email and they said they would give me a refundHas anyone who paid before they fixed the error had their payment status updated to received yet?
pineappleninja
New Member
Does anyone know what the additional essays are for MD/PhD?
tacotuesdayyyy
New Member
did anyone who paid while the system was down get their payment marked as complete? mine is still showing as not complete
I paid again to get my app completed but have not yet received any refunddid anyone who paid while the system was down get their payment marked as complete? mine is still showing as not complete
Just talk about something that sparks your intellectual curiosity and have been keeping up over a prolonged period. The further departed it is from science and medicine, the better.Anyone else confused by the "intellectual curiosity" question?
Its a variation on Stanford undergrad essay requirement.Anyone else confused by the "intellectual curiosity" question
Medicine is a lifelong learning process and things keep changing during ones career that one needs to learn. If you dont have an intellectual component to your interests, you fall behind.
Website and LinkedIn confirmed.
medschool.kp.org
Tuition and Financial Aid | KPSOM
The expense of a world-class medical education is a considerable financial undertaking for anyone. At Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine (KPSOM), we work with admitted students to help you manage these costs.
iHeartTomatoes
Full Member
I got mine on 7/3Anyone receive OOS secondary yet?
It's probably in your spam box. I was verified after you and I got it.Anyone else IS and still waiting? Verified 6/21, got email saying they received primary 6/29. Radio silence after
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ive checked my spam like 10 times and I haven’t seen itIt's probably in your spam box. I was verified after you and I got it.
Clearly, medical schools don't do things in chronological order. Glad I didn't submit right away.Ive checked my spam like 10 times and I haven’t seen it
I was verified around that time too and have not received the secondary either, so I wouldn't stress too much.Ive checked my spam like 10 times and I haven’t seen it
KPSOM Virtual Open House:
Virtual Open House
Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
Saturday, September 14, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Pacific
A Zoom link will be provided to those who register
Register Here
(I apologize if this is a duplicate - I didn't see that anyone had posted this info yet)
Virtual Open House
Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
Saturday, September 14, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Pacific
A Zoom link will be provided to those who register
Register Here
(I apologize if this is a duplicate - I didn't see that anyone had posted this info yet)
Attachments
I don't want an open house. I want an II.KPSOM Virtual Open House:
Virtual Open House
Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
Saturday, September 14, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Pacific
A Zoom link will be provided to those who register
Register Here
(I apologize if this is a duplicate - I didn't see that anyone had posted this info yet)
thank you for posting this!KPSOM Virtual Open House:
Virtual Open House
Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
Saturday, September 14, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Pacific
A Zoom link will be provided to those who register
Register Here
(I apologize if this is a duplicate - I didn't see that anyone had posted this info yet)
+1 IS secondary this morning
banananabread
Full Member
is the secondary portal not loading for anyone else too?
happyCAcamper
New Member
not working for me eitheris the secondary portal not loading for anyone else too?
iHeartTomatoes
Full Member
Not working for me right now eitheris the secondary portal not loading for anyone else too?
banananabread
Full Member
I sent in my letters via AMCAS and the names of my LOR writers appear on the "document status" section... but then when I go to the status checklist it says my LORs haven't been received 🙁 is there a step I'm missing?
There's often a delay.I sent in my letters via AMCAS and the names of my LOR writers appear on the "document status" section... but then when I go to the status checklist it says my LORs haven't been received 🙁 is there a step I'm missing?
Finally got that refund from kaiser. Only took 22 days 😂
doctorellewoods
Full Member
How long did it take peoples' PREview scores to upload onto their apps? I got my score yesterday (submitted Kaiser 2º on 7/8) and secondary portal still says app is incomplete/missing preview
does it just take a bit?
does it just take a bit?
How long after you submit did you get a confirmation email or the secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YesHow long did it take peoples' PREview scores to upload onto their apps? I got my score yesterday (submitted Kaiser 2º on 7/8) and secondary portal still says app is incomplete/missing preview
does it just take a bit?
banananabread
Full Member
any know how long the delay is for LORs to show up as received on the portal? it's been a week and I'm worried I did something wrongThere's often a delay.
Send them a message on the portal.any know how long the delay is for LORs to show up as received on the portal? it's been a week and I'm worried I did something wrong
doctorellewoods
Full Member
Received an email from them today (and was reflected in the portal) my app is finally complete
took about 2 days for PREview scores to be uploaded
Lunalu1234
New Member
Anyone still waiting for IS secondaries? Mine was verified 5/30 but still waiting :/ Checked my spam folder but it’s not there.
I was verified on 7/17 and had not received a secondary so I email them this past Monday, they said they send them in batches dailyAnyone still waiting for IS secondaries? Mine was verified 5/30 but still waiting :/ Checked my spam folder but it’s not there.
ohheymay
New Member
I wonder how they batch them then cause I was verified 7/25 and got a secondary relatively soon afterwardI was verified on 7/17 and had not received a secondary so I email them this past Monday, they said they send them in batches daily
What’s your LM score?Anyone still waiting for IS secondaries? Mine was verified 5/30 but still waiting :/ Checked my spam folder but it’s not there.
ElectricalMachine917
New Member
sameAnyone still waiting for IS secondaries? Mine was verified 5/30 but still waiting :/ Checked my spam folder but it’s not there.
findingdory
Full Member
That was mean lolWhat was that email just now 😭 made my heart beat so fast
solarflare1230
Full Member
whoever decided to send that is so evil lolWhat was that email just now 😭 made my heart beat so fast
curious if everyone gets it
it'llbeworththewait
Full Member
Never jumped to a thread so fast 😭What was that email just now 😭 made my heart beat so fast
SushiSphinx
Full Member
BRO MY HEART STOPPED
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
So upsetting wtfff Kaiser 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iHeartTomatoes
Full Member
Guys, what email are we talking about, pls give me context, did not get itwhoever decided to send that is so evil lol
curious if everyone gets it
What was that email just now [emoji24] made my heart beat so fast
WHAT DID IT SAY
+1 IS II submitted 7/4 complete 7/10
Wow dude congrats! What is your lm if you don’t mind me asking?