You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Could anyone provide an update of how many people are in the admitted students groupchat/FB? Might give some idea as to whether they’re done accepting or have some offers left to give
57 but it includes a handful of admin.Could anyone provide an update of how many people are in the admitted students groupchat/FB? Might give some idea as to whether they’re done accepting or have some offers left to give
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! That’s smaller than I would have expected, I thought they usually accept around 10057 but it includes a handful of admin.
maybe they'll still send out some acceptances then? i also thought they accept around 100-110 students to account for yieldThank you! That’s smaller than I would have expected, I thought they usually accept around 100
misterslack
Full Member
hopefully today...
hopefully today...
wait...100 A's? That means there is like half of them left then..??maybe they'll still send out some acceptances then? i also thought they accept around 100-110 students to account for yield
Or does that include As off the WL
I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that number does include students accepted off of waitlist.wait...100 A's? That means there is like half of them left then..??
Or does that include As off the WL
Hmm either way its good news.I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that number does include students accepted off of waitlist.
aviaquadog
Full Member
👁️👄👁️
aviaquadog
Full Member
Did we catch the ghost train?
Student2000!
Full Member
Last yr ppl heard abt WLs on April 11th so im assuming they may to do something similar?Did we catch the ghost train?
Hell of a waiting game though.
Wild they haven’t sent post-II Rs yet though.Last yr ppl heard abt WLs on April 11th so im assuming they may to do something similar?
Hell of a waiting game though.
There is no reason it should be taking this long 🤧😭
Yea normally they send those out first idk what’s going onWild they haven’t sent post-II Rs yet though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aviaquadog
Full Member
They just don’t wanna tell us today cuz atp it may as well be an April fools joke on us
hocus_bolus
Full Member
In the interview with accepted.com, one of the dean of admissions said that kaiser generally has a 3:1 ratio of acceptances to matriculants
Last edited:
I like these numbersIn the interview with accepted.com, one of the dean of admissions said that kaiser generally has a 3:1 ratio of acceptances to matriculants
seems like they may have a lot more acceptances to give out then?
thegazette
Full Member
historically when has kaiser sent out post-ii rs and wls? interviewed in November and i kind of wish they didnt permaghost you if you arent accepted lol
aviaquadog
Full Member
I was hoping if they had a lot more acceptances to come, they would come before second look weekend 🙁 that’s this weekend. I’m gonna try and be optimistic that we hear something this week iA
last year the big wave of post-ii Rs were on March 22nd. WLs were around April 11th. I'm very surprised post-ii R's have not gone out yethistorically when has kaiser sent out post-ii rs and wls? interviewed in November and i kind of wish they didnt permaghost you if you arent accepted lol
Maybe that means we are all accepted 😇last year the big wave of post-ii Rs were on March 22nd. WLs were around April 11th. I'm very surprised post-ii R's have not gone out yet
hocus_bolus
Full Member
inshallah brotherI was hoping if they had a lot more acceptances to come, they would come before second look weekend 🙁 that’s this weekend. I’m gonna try and be optimistic that we hear something this week iA
hocus_bolus
Full Member
could also be hopium. don't know how reliable accepted.com is in this regardseems like they may have a lot more acceptances to give out then?
Yea I thought it was 2:1could also be hopium. don't know how reliable accepted.com is in this regard
two years ago they gave out 126 acceptances so maybe its like 2.5 to 1Yea I thought it was 2:1
oatandcholula
Full Member
It's insane behaviorKaiser was my first interview all the way back in early September and it's been radio silence since (except for the opportunity to participate in research emails lol). I know that I'm most likely WL/R but isn't it kinda crazy to not tell me for 7 months?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
other schools i interviewed at let me know the decision within two weeks of my interview. it's been months since my interview at this school
aviaquadog
Full Member
It’s ridiculous that we are put through this stress, especially since the schools emphasis on student well being is kind of its whole MO given that it’s still unaccredited
luckycharms!
Full Member
i think it’s just WLs and Rs at this point 😭 i rmbr them saying that As would go out before 2nd look and with enough time for people to plan travel
aviaquadog
Full Member
I may as well be on the waitlist already with the amount of waiting I’m doing 😭i think it’s just WLs and Rs at this point 😭 i rmbr them saying that As would go out before 2nd look and with enough time for people to plan travel
We aren't students yet and thus barely qualify as people in adcomms eyes.It’s ridiculous that we are put through this stress, especially since the schools emphasis on student well being is kind of its whole MO given that it’s still unaccredited
its in the facebook group!Would someone in the accepted students group be able to link me to it? I got accepted 3/22, but haven’t gotten an email about it.
I'd rather have the love of my life leave me on read than this.
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
They have to let us know something by April 15th right?
Should be any day now.They have to let us know something by April 15th right?
Post- II Rs were on 3/22 last year with 4/11 being WL wave.
Since they haven’t hit us with the R wave yet, I’d assume both coming any day
That's what I was thinking, it's so strange that they haven't sent anything at all, even post II RsThey have to let us know something by April 15th right?
Then it’s either today or tommorow lol
Nvm I can’t read lolThen it’s either today or tommorow lol
Is second look tomorrow?Then it’s either today or tommorow lol
[EDIT] Yeah, I understood that to mean as "by Friday April 12." But if second look is this weekend, one would figure they'd send out most acceptances before then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Friends and I have a theory that they limited acceptances before second look to around 45-50 because they only have space to accommodate a single class size (50 students) in their facility. After second look concludes they won't have to worry about the space and can accept 20-30 more students if they want. Historically the WL has moved all the way to May, so I'd imagine many of those still waiting will be ok
aviaquadog
Full Member
Honestly that is a very reasonable thing to say. Especially the auditorium area where they will likely have the talk, it surely looks like it doesn’t fit more than 50 people. Hopefully they hold some kind of second 2nd look tho lol.Friends and I have a theory that they limited acceptances before second look to around 45-50 because they only have space to accommodate a single class size (50 students) in their facility. After second look concludes they won't have to worry about the space and can accept 20-30 more students if they want. Historically the WL has moved all the way to May, so I'd imagine many of those still waiting will be ok
U can always set up a tour if you are admitted even if it is not an official second lookHonestly that is a very reasonable thing to say. Especially the auditorium area where they will likely have the talk, it surely looks like it doesn’t fit more than 50 people. Hopefully they hold some kind of second 2nd look tho lol.
They've discovered how to not send out any WLs. Simply wait until the trafficking deadlines have passed and then send more As or Rs