You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey I remember you from another thread so I know you been going through it lately. Sorry about the R but you have greater things in store for you! Same for everyone else, y’all are gonna be great doctors.
Thank you! [emoji3590][emoji3590]
IS Pre-II R as well, I didn't want free tuition anyway.................................
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is pre-II R wooo
oos pre-II R today!
Did anyone who interviewed recently know when we can expect to hear back?
angelmedschool
New Member
I interviewed late feb and they said most likely by april, but possibly even later, so not everyone who interviewed will have a decision before the second look weekend in early aprilDid anyone who interviewed recently know when we can expect to hear back?
D
deleted1149414
Based on last year's thread, it looks like they give post-II R in late March to everyone. There was only WL and R decisions at this point for later interviewers. The WLd people found out in April.I interviewed late feb and they said most likely by april, but possibly even later, so not everyone who interviewed will have a decision before the second look weekend in early april
aviaquadog
Full Member
Last years thread also seemed to have fewer respondents in general so it may be that the few A’s weren’t reported.Based on last year's thread, it looks like they give post-II R in late March to everyone. There was only WL and R decisions at this point for later interviewers. The WLd people found out in April.
NotReal234
Full Member
Anyone know when they’ll post their match list?
They posted an article that summarized it on their website but not a list that I’m aware of. I think it was somewhere around 40% of students matched into primary care and 60% matched in Cali.Anyone know when they’ll post their match list?
Can confirm there are like 46 AsLast years thread also seemed to have fewer respondents in general so it may be that the few A’s weren’t reported.
NotReal234
Full Member
They posted an article that summarized it on their website but not a list that I’m aware of. I think it was somewhere around 40% of students matched into primary care and 60% matched in Cali.
Do you think that is weird? I feel like if they matched well they would just post a comprehensive list of where people matched and to what specialty. Hopefully that comes out soon.
Some schools don’t release their list for some reason. Just like general info about it. Kinda annoying tbh. Hopefully they do release a full listDo you think that is weird? I feel like if they matched well they would just post a comprehensive list of where people matched and to what specialty. Hopefully that comes out soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS A! Interviewed 2/20
I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.Some schools don’t release their list for some reason. Just like general info about it. Kinda annoying tbh. Hopefully they do release a full list
If you look up that person's name, they would show up wherever they are at anyways thoughI think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.
Was it a phone call, email, or portal update 👀IS A! Interviewed 2/20
It was an email telling me to check my portal 🙂 But the subject line of the email said "Congratulations" so that gave it away hahaWas it a phone call, email, or portal update 👀
Congrats!IS A! Interviewed 2/20
has anyone gotten any post II R's yet?
They will all come in a big wavehas anyone gotten any post II R's yet?
Student2000!
Full Member
ahhh congrats!!IS A! Interviewed 2/20
NotReal234
Full Member
I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.
Makes sense, but I think it would help if they put their match rate.
aviaquadog
Full Member
Would you be comfortable sharing statsIS A! Interviewed 2/20
Some (or most?) residency programs will eventually post their residents’ medical schools anyway so not sure there is much privacy to gain there. The free tuition is nice but not knowing how their first class did would be a downside.I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.
I am a non-trad with LM 70Would you be comfortable sharing stats
aviaquadog
Full Member
Thank you so much, we have similar stats but I’m trad! would you say your gap years strongly influenced the outcome?I am a non-trad with LM 70
I am a career-switcher, so it was definitely my gap years when I made the switch to med that influenced the outcomeThank you so much, we have similar stats but I’m trad! would you say your gap years strongly influenced the outcome?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well that tuition free option will ease the transition! Congrats!I am a career-switcher, so it was definitely my gap years when I made the switch to med that influenced the outcome
iconliving
Full Member
based on what i have heard, only one person who applied to a competitive specialty did not match. one person SOAPed successfullyMakes sense, but I think it would help if they put their match rate.
Ahhh congratulations!! 🎈🎉🍾🎊IS A! Interviewed 2/20
Last year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.
Literally stalking the sdn pages for washu and kaiser today. Hopefully one of them can make me happy or end my pain 🤧Last year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.
Yea it’s kinda ridiculous that some people have been waiting since August without any infoLast year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.
I refresh this page and my email multiple times every hour. I've been doing this for months. Idk why I haven't just lost hope yet lolLast year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.
I’m a current student. I’d expect this is the reason why it hasn’t been shared by the school publicly, but I can say we’re VERY proud of/excited for the first class. They had an amazing match. Not all of them chose to match this year because of research years, other grad programs, etc. but they’ll be graduating with the next class.I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.
A today, interviewed 2/27!
Email, call, or portal update 👀. I interviewed the same day 😭A today, interviewed 2/27!
aviaquadog
Full Member
Congrats to all those accepted! Has anyone who interviewed 2/13 heard back?
Email that said congrats and to check the portal!Email, call, or portal update 👀. I interviewed the same day 😭
I haven’t! Fingers crossed we hear something good soonCongrats to all those accepted! Has anyone who interviewed 2/13 heard back?
Omg congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 So amazing!!A today, interviewed 2/27!
aviaquadog
Full Member
The wait is so agonizing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol frThe wait is so agonizing
EndlessWater
Full Member
Are we just waiting for WL/R at this point? Or do we think a few A's may trickle out? The wait is rough!The wait is so agonizing
aviaquadog
Full Member
I sure hope so, I haven’t seen anyone from my interview date report an A yet (2/13). I expect post II R’s today or tmmrw tho given Monday is April 1st. Who knows at this point.Are we just waiting for WL/R at this point? Or do we think a few A's may trickle out? The wait is rough!
I think it’s gonna come tommorow since they release stuff on Fridays a lot
One can hope 😭🤧. But even so, Kaiser has a lot of WL movementAre we just waiting for WL/R at this point? Or do we think a few A's may trickle out? The wait is rough!