-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Louisville
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Could you share when you interviewed by any chance?IS A by email!
biggiecheez
Full Member
Same here, what exactly does that mean? Is it better than being waitlistedHeld for further consideration :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically a pre-waitlist of sorts is my understanding. They will continue to discuss us and we will receive an update 12/11 about our status. Once it's the final date of decisions the hold becomes a waitlist. I don't think anyone is given "waitlist" as a status until then.Same here, what exactly does that mean? Is it better than being waitlisted
Could you share when you interviewed by any chance?
Ofc, I interviewed mid August
soaringrollerblades777
Full Member
OOS A earlier today! Glory to God
Congrats! Could you share your interview or invite date?OOS A earlier today! Glory to God
Haileerenae
Full Member
OOS also held for further review, interviewed 9/5
I realized I should have said this different... That is IF they have even gotten to discussing us post-interview. My interview experience was an absolute mess so they may also simply take a long time to make decisions...Basically a pre-waitlist of sorts is my understanding. They will continue to discuss us and we will receive an update 12/11 about our status. Once it's the final date of decisions the hold becomes a waitlist. I don't think anyone is given "waitlist" as a status until then.
bigspender
Full Member
Mess as in you think the admission committee is running behind...? Or your personal experience was bad?I realized I should have said this different... That is IF they have even gotten to discussing us post-interview. My interview experience was an absolute mess so they may also simply take a long time to make decisions...
Got the hold email so trying to convince myself they didn't get to Sept interviews LOL
bigspender
Full Member
damn that sounds stressfulI had a very bad experience with my interview (my second interviewer was 30 minutes behind and the entire session concluded before I was done so I had to have a 1 on 1 abbreviated info session with the dean...). Which feels pseudo-administrative because at least my interviewer was very disorganized and he is responsible for presenting me to the committee to my understanding... So I am going to stay delulu and pretend that my interviewer runs behind lmao (I also think they handle IS vs OOS very different and I am OOS (last year on SDN they said there are separate wait lists for IS vs OOS, though I cannot be certain thats legit ofc).
They did get to a 9/12 right above this. Both here and admit/cycletrack don’t really have many acceptances so it’s hard to gauge if they’ve gotten to late September/early October interviews yet.Mess as in you think the admission committee is running behind...? Or your personal experience was bad?
Got the hold email so trying to convince myself they didn't get to Sept interviews LOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙉 Pretending I do not hear for my sanity (I am staying delulu that its different for IS vs OOS). Best of luck to us all in December RIP. The other school I interviewed at doesn't release results until January 31st. I am going insane.They did get to a 9/12 right above this. Both here and admit/cycletrack don’t really have many acceptances so it’s hard to gauge if they’ve gotten to late September/early October interviews yet.
bigspender
Full Member
Yeah I interviewed late Sept. so ill remain in peaceful denial for nowThey did get to a 9/12 right above this. Both here and admit/cycletrack don’t really have many acceptances so it’s hard to gauge if they’ve gotten to late September/early October interviews yet.
I could be wrong, but I do not think they accept updates. This is from their website:Submitted my secondary 9/25 how should I go about following up with this school? Should I email them or give them a call? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
- Application Updates: Unless specifically requested, the University of Louisville Admissions Office will not be responsible for updating the applicant’s secondary application information. Email updates will not be accepted. Primary AMCAS application updates, to the extent permissible, must be made directly through AMCAS.
camnaugs13
Full Member
Got II on 10/31 and am interviewing 11/21! Hoping for an A after getting waitlisted last year 😭
commodore305
Full Member
do we know when October interviewees hear back?
The next decision release date will be 12/11. I would assume all October interviews would have been reviewed by then.do we know when October interviewees hear back?
inquisitiveapricot15
New Member
congrats! when were you complete?OOS II
OOS II just now
Thank you! Beginning of Augustcongrats! when were you complete?
commodore305
Full Member
october interviewees should hear back next Wednesday right?
Yesoctober interviewees should hear back next Wednesday right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
commodore305
Full Member
good luck to all!
cubsandhawks
Full Member
OOS, submitted 9/10. Think they'll get to mine? Nothing from the admission office in my email
Previous cycles they sent invites into March according to cycletrack 🙂 I still think there is time to get one! But also when I looked at last years thread it looks like they sent interview invites for waitlist positions later in the cycle, so I am unsure if any of those reported were those, I doubt they all were though! OOS also seems to pull from the WL a good amount, so the odds may not be bad even if it is an interview for a waitlist position specifically. I wouldn't give up hope unless you receive a clear rejection as I don't think they ghost people (last year they started sending them mid-December and did another R wave in Feb) 🙂OOS, submitted 9/10. Think they'll get to mine? Nothing from the admission office in my email
Also in case anyone was curious--they do not accept updates or letters of interest or intent even post interview, I double checked with their office. Best of luck!
Haileerenae
Full Member
Anyone else nervous af for tomorrow
Post II acceptance rate is high, about 70%, but still very nervous.Anyone else nervous af for tomorrow
Extremely… I got the “hold for continued review” last time so I don’t know how to feel. They could have not gotten to me somehow or already plan to waitlist me or truly didn’t make a decision at that point ugh. It’s hard not to read into things. I guess tomorrow we see.Anyone else nervous af for tomorrow
Also an FYI for other neurotic people like me, last date they released decisions a little before 12pm and both acceptances and holds came around the same time. So don’t stress early in the day with no info lol.
Good luck everyone!!!
Also curious how many of those are from the waitlist ahhhPost II acceptance rate is high, about 70%, but still very nervous.
commodore305
Full Member
good luck to everyone tomorrow!
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
Anyone know what time we may hear back today?
Last time it was between 11am and 12pm from what I am gathering and what the case was for me. It comes as an email, but I think someone on here said they also got a call fyiAnyone know what time we may hear back today?
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
Thanks!Last time it was between 11am and 12pm from what I am gathering and what the case was for me. It comes as an email, but I think someone on here said they also got a call fyi
Everybody who has interviewed will hear from them today, but it is likely those who interviewed just 1-2 weeks ago will receive a hold for further review. It doesn’t mean they don’t like you, it just means they haven’t even gotten to review your file yet so you’ll have to keep waiting until the third decision date.if i interviewed recently (1-2 weeks ago) is there any chance i’ll hear back today
Haileerenae
Full Member
Still no email yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
I’m stressing so much😂Still no email yet
Haileerenae
Full Member
OOS A OMG SCREAMING CRYING THIS IS MY TOP SCHOOL
OMG CONGRATSOOS A OMG SCREAMING CRYING THIS IS MY TOP SCHOOL
commodore305
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS!! Best of luck to all today 🙂OOS A OMG SCREAMING CRYING THIS IS MY TOP SCHOOL