You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 LSU - New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
choppastyle
Full Member
Just checking again that no one who interviewed in October heard back at the end of the month/now? Committee met on Oct. 25th to discuss and said they would contact a few by End of month but seems like no one heard?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 10/9 and haven't heard anything yet, but I told myself I wouldn't start worrying until after this week 🥲Just checking again that no one who interviewed in October heard back at the end of the month/now? Committee met on Oct. 25th to discuss and said they would contact a few by End of month but seems like no one heard?
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
Interviewed Oct. 2nd and Haven’t heard anything. Expecting it to be this week some time (hopefully tomorrow) or asapJust checking again that no one who interviewed in October heard back at the end of the month/now? Committee met on Oct. 25th to discuss and said they would contact a few by End of month but seems like no one heard?
Thatpremeddude
New Member
IS A just now!
+1 !IS A just now!
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
IS A!
badda427492
New Member
OOS A!
yellowmouse
Full Member
congrats to all the As!! i just interviewed this week and was wondering, when you get the email does it just say to check the portal thing and that is where the result is? or do they send you a an acceptance email?
Thatpremeddude
New Member
They send an email with the acceptance letter attached as a pdf.congrats to all the As!! i just interviewed this week and was wondering, when you get the email does it just say to check the portal thing and that is where the result is? or do they send you a an acceptance email?
sparroweye2025
New Member
Has anyone received an II but didn’t get the complete and under active consideration email ?
premedpeach
New Member
IS II received yesterday!! 😭😭 File Complete on 10/2! I’m over the moon right now!!
premedpeach
New Member
I would contact admissions ASAP because your file needs to be considered complete for the committee to review it/invite you for an interview!Has anyone received an II but didn’t get the complete and under active consideration email ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sparroweye2025
New Member
Thank you and congrats on the II!I would contact admissions ASAP because your file needs to be considered complete for the committee to review it/invite you for an interview!
effervescent-nerd
Full Member
OOS MD/PhD II today! If you're an MD/PhD applicant and you haven't found our community / II tracker, I'd recommend that you take a look!
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Think November interviews will hear back this week??
yellowmouse
Full Member
i feel like it will probs be after thanksgiving sadly :/ they told me when I interviewed on 11/4 maybe before thanksgiving and then my friend interviewed at the end of november and they said first week of december.Think November interviews will hear back this week??
TryptoFan337
Full Member
🫤🫤🫤paini feel like it will probs be after thanksgiving sadly :/ they told me when I interviewed on 11/4 maybe before thanksgiving and then my friend interviewed at the end of november and they said first week of december.
Last edited:
TryptoFan337
Full Member
IS NFA
yellowmouse
Full Member
IS NFA as well. I feel really empty inside. I think they review again in February 🙁
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Keep your head up; we WILL get in!!!IS NFA as well. I feel really empty inside. I think they review again in February 🙁
please_please_please
Full Member
What does NFA stand for? Do they send an email to update you about this? I applied late due to early decision for another school and the only update I have gotten is that my file is complete.
yellowmouse
Full Member
no final action, its a status you get following your interview. its basically a maybe and it pushes you back to get reviewed again in february.What does NFA stand for? Do they send an email to update you about this? I applied late due to early decision for another school and the only update I have gotten is that my file is complete.
premedpremed123
New Member
For accepted students, does anyone know if there is a GroupMe or fb group?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Haven’t heard or seen anything.For accepted students, does anyone know if there is a GroupMe or fb group?
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
Does anyone know if LSU New Orleans has in-house exams?
most of the exams are, except for the finals which are mostly nbme. i feel our adherence to board stuff is pretty good though, i basically do straight third party and watch the lectures once and it's worked outDoes anyone know if LSU New Orleans has in-house exams?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
please_please_please
Full Member
In state interview invite!
I am in the same boat. They sent that email to me 9/6 as well... also IS.... They say you can call to check on the status but not sure what that means because will they just say "it's under review"?Got an email saying that my app was under review on 9/6 (IS) but have not heard anything since. Anyone else in the same boat? Shoud I be worried T_T
In state interview invite!
Do you mind posting your Mcat and GPA?In state interview invite!
SoonToBeMD25
New Member
NFA today. IS II 11/18; Interviewed 12/3
yellowmouse
Full Member
forgot to post but i got an IS A on 12/16 after being NFA on 11/26, not sure why/how but i'll take it!!
Hurricanado
Full Member
Am I correct that there is no portal for this school so if people hear anything, it's by email?
pre-medgirlie
New Member
Does anyone know much about Pre-med day that LSU NOLA hosts?
if you mean day with the docs i will be one of the people working there! it's just an opportunity for premeds to come and tour campus and do a couple of fun activities (laparoscopy, gross anatomy, ultrasounds, etc)Does anyone know much about Pre-med day that LSU NOLA hosts?
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
Has anyone called admissions to see when in February they’ll be reviewing the NFA applicants?
sparroweye2025
New Member
Is there still a possibility to receive an II from this school or have they completed sending out IIs?
premedpeach
New Member
During my interview they said they interview candidates up until April and there have been cases where students get admitted like a week before class starts! It ain’t over til it’s over! Keep being positive, we will all make it!! Sending you lots of positive vibes and I hope you get that II soon!Is there still a possibility to receive an II from this school or have they completed sending out IIs?
SoonToBeMD25
New Member
Is there still a possibility to receive an II from this school or have they completed sending out IIs?
Agreed, it ain't over till its over! Last year I got an interview invite mid February. Ultimately I didn't get in, but they definitely continue to interview very late into the cycle. Always keep the faith and stay the course.During my interview they said they interview candidates up until April and there have been cases where students get admitted like a week before class starts! It ain’t over til it’s over! Keep being positive, we will all make it!! Sending you lots of positive vibes and I hope you get that II soon!
In their email they said the majority of accepted applicants come from this pool. I spoke to a current med student there who said they were in the same boat as well. Not sure what the specific percentage is though.Does anyone know the chances of NFA to acceptance? I received an NFA November 23.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1209877
Hi everyone! I have an interview in late February, and I'm concerned about whether the position would be a waitlist/ rejection or could be an acceptance. I know they have the meeting to discuss the NFA applicants in February, and I just wanted to ask what are the odds that I could get accepted. Or since they're accepting a good chunk of students that month, I should mentally prepare myself to get NFA/ waitlisted/ rejected (I will still give my 100% in the interview)? Thank you in advance!
Hurricanado
Full Member
There's honestly no way to know and unfortunately, even data from prior years can only indicate so much. Schools have been known to change it up a lot. Go in like you said and give it 100% ... an II is an II and most applicants won't even get that far.Hi everyone! I have an interview in late February, and I'm concerned about whether the position would be a waitlist/ rejection or could be an acceptance. I know they have the meeting to discuss the NFA applicants in February, and I just wanted to ask what are the odds that I could get accepted. Or since they're accepting a good chunk of students that month, I should mentally prepare myself to get NFA/ waitlisted/ rejected (I will still give my 100% in the interview)? Thank you in advance!
D
deleted1209877
Does anyone know how likely it is to get accepted after an interview vs. get an NFA? And is the main factor in deciding if someone gets accepted or NFA based on the interview or stats?