You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 LSU - New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premedddddd
New Member
I meant like those who got NFA today which were they loll my b !I'm IS. i don't think it's categorized like that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TryptoFan337
Full Member
ISare people who NFA OOS or IS?
BeachVolleyDoc
New Member
OOS w/ strong ties; living in LA for 4 yrs now for college & work tho so they might consider me IS
please_please_please
Full Member
I interviewed on the 18th and have not heard anything back. Has anyone else that interviewed that week heard anything?
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
These MD/MPH emails are KILLING me
Relaxative
Full Member
Does anyone know how long it takes for LSU to send a decision after the interview?
facebook is at 124Anyone know the student count in groupme/facebook???
Anyone know the student count in groupme/facebook???
GroupMe is 177
Im gonna dieGroupMe is 177
D
deleted1209877
Is that the NFA meeting or just for the last group of recent interviews?Just got word that next meeting is march 28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I’m not mistaken it’s recent interviews. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.Is that the NFA meeting or just for the last group of recent interviews?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Yea lots of schools have a limit to when the latest mcat can be taken. That must be LSUNOLAsI sent an email to update my file with new MCAT score and was told “Just so you are aware this score will not be considered for this cycle. The last score we accept is from September 2024.”. Does that sound right?
D
deleted1209877
How soon can we expect them to update us on their decision after the meet abt the interviews?
For non-NFA applicants post-interview, typically on the following Monday (if the meeting is on a Friday)How soon can we expect them to update us on their decision after the meet abt the interviews?
sparroweye2025
New Member
I received an email that I was NFA'd today. I recently interviewed. Is it common for most March interviewees to receive this status? Trying to keep hope alive.
I was a February. NFA as well. Start prepping for next cycle. Unless I’m wrong, next meeting is just a teensy few more accepted and creating a wait list.I received an email that I was NFA'd today. I recently interviewed. Is it common for most March interviewees to receive this status? Trying to keep hope alive.
sparroweye2025
New Member
Thank you for your insight.I was a February. NFA as well. Start prepping for next cycle. Unless I’m wrong, next meeting is just a teensy few more accepted and creating a wait list.
please_please_please
Full Member
+1 NFA
D
deleted1209877
Are the NFA applicants ranked in a list? Or does someone who just got NFA’ed have an equal chance of still getting accepted this late in the cycle?
Relaxative
Full Member
What is the source of your information?I was a February. NFA as well. Start prepping for next cycle. Unless I’m wrong, next meeting is just a teensy few more accepted and creating a wait list.
Searching previous years on these forums. You’re welcome to refute me with your own evidence. But based on everything I’ve seen and read, this is the way it usually goes.What is the source of your information?
Relaxative
Full Member
I don’t have any evidence to the contrary. I was only curious about where you got the information whether it was from the past forum, current students, adcom, etc. Good luck to you and everyone else who is waiting.Searching previous years on these forums. You’re welcome to refute me with your own evidence. But based on everything I’ve seen and read, this is the way it usually goes.
D
deleted1209877
Does anyone know how many people are still NFA? + if they reject anybody yet or do they wait until the April meeting? Is there a chance of acceptance still or are they just building their waitlist at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
I’m assuming there are a few spots left for acceptances based on the number in the GroupMe. There are a lot of people NFA it seems, and there are people who are accepted that will choose to go elsewhere soon so that will open up spots. Goodluck to you!Does anyone know how many people are still NFA? + if they reject anybody yet or do they wait until the April meeting? Is there a chance of acceptance still or are they just building their waitlist at this point?
D
deleted1209877
Thank you! How many people are in the GroupMe atm?I’m assuming there are a few spots left for acceptances based on the number in the GroupMe. There are a lot of people NFA it seems, and there are people who are accepted that will choose to go elsewhere soon so that will open up spots. Goodluck to you!
if anyone's interested in the match data, lsu just uploaded the last 5 years of data today!
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
About 191 membersThank you! How many people are in the GroupMe atm?
Do you think that some of the accepted people that join the groupchat will withdraw if they are accepted/choose to go elsewhere, or are these groupchat members final decision goingAbout 191 members
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
I’m sure once people make final decisions the number will fluctuate. I think most people join the groupchat initially and then later leave if they choose to attend another schoolDo you think that some of the accepted people that join the groupchat will withdraw if they are accepted/choose to go elsewhere, or are these groupchat members final decision going
D
deleted1209877
Fingers crossed!!! We still have a chance😭🙏I’m sure once people make final decisions the number will fluctuate. I think most people join the groupchat initially and then later leave if they choose to attend another school
CrazyTrain4210
New Member
Does anyone know if they mentioned the avg # of applicants accepted off the WL each year? I dont have MSAR and it isnt on their website. Cant remember if they said it in my interview but I wanted to see if anyone has an idea.
No data on that posted on msar.Does anyone know if they mentioned the avg # of applicants accepted off the WL each year? I dont have MSAR and it isnt on their website. Cant remember if they said it in my interview but I wanted to see if anyone has an idea.
D
deleted1209877
If I remember correctly, their website said that their interviews for 2024-2025 cycle end in March, so I’m assuming that they just had their final meeting for this final round of interviews this past week. I think the next meeting they’ll have is to decide from the NFA’s who’s accepted, rejected, or WL. Correct me if I’m wrong!!Is the interview season over? And if so, does anyone know when the committee's last meeting is set for?
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
I would figure that they are probably done with interviews at this point. For NFA applicants we likely won't hear back until April 30 (or close to it) based on how things went last year.Is the interview season over? And if so, does anyone know when the committee's last meeting is set for?
D
deleted1209877
Does anyone know when the April nfa meeting is
the last meeting is April 23rd, i just emailed them and askedDoes anyone know when the April nfa meeting is
TryptoFan337
Full Member
thank you goatthe last meeting is April 23rd, i just emailed them and asked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnxiousApplicant25
New Member
Does anyone know if there is any shot of being accepted off of NFA now or am I holding onto false hope?
thebot22
Full Member
I know of numerous people that received an acceptance after the last NFA meeting in previous years, so I wouldn't lose hope yet! I will say though that I'm not sure on the exact number of spots that are typically left open at around this time.Does anyone know if there is any shot of being accepted off of NFA now or am I holding onto false hope?
AnxiousApplicant25
New Member
Thanks, that really does make me feel better! This school is my top choice, and I’m truly holding out hope for them. I’ve sent both a letter of intent and an update letter over the past few months since my interview in October, but the waiting process has just been so frustrating for me 🙁I know of numerous people that received an acceptance after the last NFA meeting in previous years, so I wouldn't lose hope yet! I will say though that I'm not sure on the exact number of spots that are typically left open at around this time.
D
deleted1209877
Hi! Does anyone know if/ how the NFA applicants are ranked? Do all of the applicants have equal standing right now or does interview date play a role? I’m assuming the interview date is correlated with GPA/ stats
sparroweye2025
New Member
I’ve had this same question as well. Does anyone know?Hi! Does anyone know if/ how the NFA applicants are ranked? Do all of the applicants have equal standing right now or does interview date play a role? I’m assuming the interview date is correlated with GPA/ stats