You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 LSU - Shreveport
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
It’s been quite a while since someone has posted on here about a II but I’m sure they’ve been going out. I haven’t heard a thing besides active review a few weeks ago.Does anyone know if Shreveport has sent any IIs recently?
please_please_please
Full Member
Has anyone that was waitlisted heard anything yet? I was waitlisted from early decision and have been curious if anyone else has heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same position..also haven't heard anything, I wish I knew approx when to expect to hear something, or even when the committee met to review waitlisted applicants. Looking at last year's thread, people weren't reporting getting A's off the WL until very late spring 😭 But there obviously could people who had been accepted before then and just didn't post about it.Has anyone that was waitlisted heard anything yet? I was waitlisted from early decision and have been curious if anyone else has heard anything.
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
Trying to decide between Shreveport and NOLA. Do you have any insight into which option is better? Also any information about curriculum (in-house vs NBME) for both schools? I appreciate it!Current first year here! I can try and answer any questions y’all may have about the school in general or the admissions process (not involved in any way, just went through it last year).
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I’ve heard they are pretty similar but Shreveport has P/F. It kind of comes down to where you’d want to live - NOLA or Shreveport.Trying to decide between Shreveport and NOLA. Do you have any insight into which option is better? Also any information about curriculum (in-house vs NBME) for both schools? I appreciate it!
I’m not sure I’m qualified to say which is “better” so to speak as I think it’s up to each person and honestly think most med schools will give you the same level of education. I’m not sure how the curriculum is at Nola but at Shreveport we’ve got P/F pre clinical and we only take an NBME exam at the end of the class for those blocks. Which may be intimidating but I’ve got some friends at other schools that have in house and nbme exams and so far I’ve had much more free time and seem to be enjoying it more than them. I contribute that to mostly being able to do most of my studying from third parties and not having to really get into the nitty gritty that may be present on an in house exam.Trying to decide between Shreveport and NOLA. Do you have any insight into which option is better? Also any information about curriculum (in-house vs NBME) for both schools? I appreciate it!
I’ve loved my short time so far at LSU Health Shreveport and definitely think it was the right decision for me! Feel free to dm me and we can talk more about it so we don’t blow this thread up.
Does anyone know when the committee is meeting next?
futuredoc3548
New Member
When did you submit?OOS Pre-ii Rejection today
TryptoFan337
Full Member
IS II received!!!!!
D
deleted1194271
is there anyone who submitted in july/august but hasnt heard back at all? like even nothing regarding under review?
soontobemed_
Full Member
congratulations! when did you get the under review email?IS II received!!!!!
TryptoFan337
Full Member
thanks!!! back in late August I believe 😆congratulations! when did you get the under review email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email or letter?OOS Pre-ii Rejection today
Do you mind posting your Mcat and gpa?congratulations! when did you get the under review email?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Congrats! What was the latest interview date you were able to choose from? Just curious bc I received an invite Dec 4 and was able to schedule the earliest date of January 21. Do they not do interviews in December and January ?OOS A by mail today!! Interviewed 12/03. LM 70.6
Thank you! I was sent an interview invite on October 4th. They gave me 7 options from October 29-January 7. I responded to their email within an hour and got my 4th choice (December 3) so I think it is normal for you to have a gap between the invite and actual interview! Good luck!!!Congrats! What was the latest interview date you were able to choose from? Just curious bc I received an invite Dec 4 and was able to schedule the earliest date of January 21. Do they not do interviews in December and January ?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Makes sense! Thanks!!!Thank you! I was sent an interview invite on October 4th. They gave me 7 options from October 29-January 7. I responded to their email within an hour and got my 4th choice (December 3) so I think it is normal for you to have a gap between the invite and actual interview! Good luck!!!
Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything yet ?
please_please_please
Full Member
^ wondering the same thing
Any news ?
please_please_please
Full Member
still nothing on waitlist, sadly i think we have to wait until march/ april
VamosNano33
Full Member
Hey! Late to this thread, but I completed my secondary the day I received it on the 11th of July, and have received no communication from the school at all -- not an under review, not a rejection, and certainly not an II either.is there anyone who submitted in july/august but hasnt heard back at all? like even nothing regarding under review?
soontobemed_
Full Member
Any clue on where the admissions committee are in the process?
Ideas on how many II left, A’s sent out or WL?
Ideas on how many II left, A’s sent out or WL?
VamosNano33
Full Member
At this point, I am assuming that this school utilizes silent rejections due to the complete lack of communication I have had with them 😭Any clue on where the admissions committee are in the process?
Ideas on how many II left, A’s sent out or WL?
soontobemed_
Full Member
that’d be disappointing but I guess no different than other schools that leave us ghosted.At this point, I am assuming that this school utilizes silent rejections due to the complete lack of communication I have had with them 😭
just hoping for some communication, good or bad, within the next few weeks
VamosNano33
Full Member
I don't want to sound whiny, but lordy day I would really appreciate it if all these schools that constantly harp on professionalism would just have some basic decency and bother to email us back 😭😭😭that’d be disappointing but I guess no different than other schools that leave us ghosted.
just hoping for some communication, good or bad, within the next few weeks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you dont mind sharing, what was the latest date you were able to choose from for your interview?Congrats! What was the latest interview date you were able to choose from? Just curious bc I received an invite Dec 4 and was able to schedule the earliest date of January 21. Do they not do interviews in December and January ?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
I wanna say it was February 14th!if you dont mind sharing, what was the latest date you were able to choose from for your interview?
dragon_lord
Full Member
under active review email just received! OOS but strong ties to Louisiana
Got the same message today as well, also OOS!under active review email just received! OOS but strong ties to Louisiana
D
deleted1194381
OOS under active review
soontobemed_
Full Member
I’ve been under active review going on 4 months now… at this point idk what to do lol
Same been under review since September. Hoping we didn’t get passed up lolI’ve been under active review going on 4 months now… at this point idk what to do lol
dragon_lord
Full Member
if anyone doesn't mind sharing, for those who got OOS pre II rejections did you also receive the under active review email? if so how long in between that email and the rejection
soontobemed_
Full Member
and what makes it worse is they’re one of the only schools I applied to that don’t host info sessions or send out cycle updates.. guess they wanna keep you on your toesSame been under review since September. Hoping we didn’t get passed up lol
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Anyone have an idea how long after the commitee meets, that they mail out admission offers? The committee meets tomorrow for my interview day and I was just wondering when to expect some news. Next week?
please_please_please
Full Member
It depends, anywhere from like 3 to 8 days. It seems like the A’s are mailed quicker than WLs by about 4+ days.Anyone have an idea how long after the commitee meets, that they mail out admission offers? The committee meets tomorrow for my interview day and I was just wondering when to expect some news. Next week?
LilToastie
New Member
I’m in the same boat. I’ll be anxiously checking USPS Informed Delivery for the next week or so.Anyone have an idea how long after the commitee meets, that they mail out admission offers? The committee meets tomorrow for my interview day and I was just wondering when to expect some news. Next week?
stella2025
Full Member
mine was received that next Monday, so I figure they mailed them out today if it's anything like it was for EDAnyone have an idea how long after the commitee meets, that they mail out admission offers? The committee meets tomorrow for my interview day and I was just wondering when to expect some news. Next week?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Interesting. Thanks for the info! Was their meeting also on a Thursday?mine was received that next Monday, so I figure they mailed them out today if it's anything like it was for ED
stella2025
Full Member
yes!Interesting. Thanks for the info! Was their meeting also on a Thursday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know when they stop interviewing? starting to lose hope on getting an invite🙁
Has anyone heard anything since the committee met this past Thursday? I'm hoping they reviewed the waitlist at this meeting 🙏🏼
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
+1OOS Acceptance in the mail today! interviewed 1/14
please_please_please
Full Member
Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything? Still waitlisted since early decision.