2024-2025 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

I'm assuming some people have already seen this, but if you're like me here's an article detailing the changes over the next few years and the why.
 
The group who interviewed this month will get a few acceptance calls likely. If you interviewed before December I wouldn’t get the hopes up.
I heard there were folks at the recent info. session who still had to interview. How is it rolling admissions when so many applicants are left lingering like hot garbage for months after interviewing? Oh - and don't forget that a Zoom w/ 3 strangers significantly outweighs all else in our files. Outrageous to drag this out yet dole out A's along the way for a select few. Congrats to those folks but very callous of the school.
 
I heard there were folks at the recent info. session who still had to interview. How is it rolling admissions when so many applicants are left lingering like hot garbage for months after interviewing? Oh - and don't forget that a Zoom w/ 3 strangers significantly outweighs all else in our files. Outrageous to drag this out yet dole out A's along the way for a select few. Congrats to those folks but very callous of the school.
There’s plenty of qualified OK resident applicants that they’re leaving behind. My prediction is that they’re going to leave us in the reserves in case the OOS acceptances go somewhere else instead of OU. The new dean is trying to pump up the MCAT scores and GPAs so that he can make himself look better for the next medical school he jumps to. I’m glad he picked the physician deprived Oklahomans to screw over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently, there is an admin board meeting tomorrow! I am reaching peak neuroticism and need to know what’s going on!🫣😭View attachment 397267
Hate to break it to you but admin board meetings have nothing to do with acceptances. The meetings are open to the public so it is illegal for them to discuss anything about your application as that would violate FERPA laws. The previous meetings did not correlate to any of the days in which acceptances were given out.
 
Hate to break it to you but admin board meetings have nothing to do with acceptances. The meetings are open to the public so it is illegal for them to discuss anything about your application as that would violate FERPA laws. The previous meetings did not correlate to any of the days in which acceptances were given out.
We in the hot garbage pile salute you, wise A recipient! 😉 👍
 
Last edited:
So, now it's maybe today or tomorrow (based on some tour comments) and could also be next week? Originally, it was back bf kids were sporting Halloween costumes and then definitely before turkey dinner with loved ones. Then they weren't gonna wreck Christmas. Then they did more tours and are still interviewing this very week. The "SOONERS" Medical School is henceforth now unofficially to be called: the "LATERS."
 
Last edited:
So, now it's maybe today or tomorrow (based on some tour comments) and could also be next week? Originally, it was back bf kids were sporting Halloween costumes and then definitely before turkey dinner with loved ones. Then they weren't gonna wreck Christmas. Then they did more tours and are still interviewing this very week. The "SOONERS" Medical School if henceforth now unofficially to be called: the "LATERS."
It's criminal either way 🤣
 
Hate to break it to you but admin board meetings have nothing to do with acceptances. The meetings are open to the public so it is illegal for them to discuss anything about your application as that would violate FERPA laws. The previous meetings did not correlate to any of the days in which acceptances were given out.
This is the link to the OU COM Admissions Board Policy.
https://hippocrates.ouhsc.edu/policy/policy_view.cfm?policyNumber=204

"The Board conducts official business in a manner consistent with the Oklahoma Open Meetings Act. To ensure confidentiality, applicants are referred to by their numeric position on the rank order list, not by name, during open meetings."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone here know about when we will hear back? i toured OU 11/16 and they said we can hear back anytime from when we interviewed to 1/18, today is 1/18 and it's a saturday too so idk if what they said is true or if something changed recently.

and the holidays email said mid-jan so i'm not sure what they are doing. very disappointed with this school so far, for a school that claims they do rolling admissions it's really upsetting. when i interviewed, they said no later than mid-december for anyone interviewing before then, it seems like they already do not care about their prospective students' well being and emotions at all.
My friend just brought up a good point that they are often open on Saturdays, since they’ve hosted tour and interview dates for Saturdays. So maybe they will hold true to their word. I can’t get my expectations up anymore though so who knows.
 
I know someone who went on a tour. Told me folks who went got swag with something like “future medical student at OU” on it. Seriously? Swag is nice and all but that’s quite a tease without an A in one’s future. Do other schools do that too? Haven’t done any school tours unfortunately, so no idea.
 
Last edited:
I know someone who went on a tour. Told me folks who went got swag with something like “future medical student at OU” on it. Seriously? Swag is nice and all but that’s quite a tease without an A in one’s future. Do other schools do that too? Haven’t done any school tours unfortunately, so no idea.
Giving kids future medical student at OU shirts is like giving fishes bicycles the way things are going, especially if we’re not OOS.
 
Last edited:
In my experience, OU doesn’t always follow typical timelines, so decisions can come surprisingly fast—or potentially slower than expected. My experience here was unique compared to other schools, so I wouldn’t rule out getting a phone call at any time. I’m hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later for everyone!
 
The anticipation is nuts. But also I hear you guys with the "future MD" shirts. I was at the January campus tour and when I picked it up I was like seriously guys? That's so mean lol. I would've loved a simple OU college of medicine shirt, but beggars can't be choosers.
 
The anticipation is nuts. But also I hear you guys with the "future MD" shirts. I was at the January campus tour and when I picked it up I was like seriously guys? That's so mean lol. I would've loved a simple OU college of medicine shirt, but beggars can't be choosers.
Imagine they announce application decisions by having 3 piles of t-shirts that say “Future (rejected/waitlisted/accepted) Med Student at OU” during tours and the one you get handed is your status lmao
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s doubtful the never anything but gracious staffers working specifically in admissions at this school are the ones calling the shots this cycle. Someone at the school though keeps moving goal posts and is/are either tragically negligent and disorganized or quite possibly just some callous egomaniac(s) with a different agenda than what we all reasonably expected when applying.
 
Last edited:
It’s doubtful the never anything but gracious staffers working specifically in admissions at this school are the ones calling the shots this cycle. Someone at the school though keeps moving goal posts and is/are either tragically negligent and disorganized or quite possibly just some callous egomaniac(s) with a different agenda than what we all reasonably expected when applying.
this is so sensationalized lmfao
 
IMG_0456.jpeg


Give it up for day who knows!
 
I suspected as much, but if we haven't heard anything, we can assume a WL or R? I think WL people should at least be optimistic. With IS bias, OU still took 60 people off the WL last year. I interviewed at another school this year much more prestigious than OU. This other school told us during the info session that they interview 1000 for 200 spots. They offered over 400 As for those spots. So if OU is interviewing 600 for 200 spots, I'd guess they'll have to reach deep into the WL to fill. This is particularly true if they are optimistically offering As to high stat OOS applicants.

It's just the way it goes guys. It doesn't mean you'll be a bad physician or do any worse in school. Prove them wrong!
 
i know someone who has received an R so there is still major WL hope and re: what rootsmagoo said, hopefully there's a lot of movement there
 
I suspected as much, but if we haven't heard anything, we can assume a WL or R? I think WL people should at least be optimistic. With IS bias, OU still took 60 people off the WL last year. I interviewed at another school this year much more prestigious than OU. This other school told us during the info session that they interview 1000 for 200 spots. They offered over 400 As for those spots. So if OU is interviewing 600 for 200 spots, I'd guess they'll have to reach deep into the WL to fill. This is particularly true if they are optimistically offering As to high stat OOS applicants.

It's just the way it goes guys. It doesn't mean you'll be a bad physician or do any worse in school. Prove them wrong!
I’m not even sure if you can assume a WL or R yet because they were running interviews all the way into this month. I doubt most of the late interviewees have heard back (at least no one from my Dec date has, to my knowledge) and it seems unlikely that all of them are WL or R.

The school maketh not the person. Prove them wrong!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suspected as much, but if we haven't heard anything, we can assume a WL or R? I think WL people should at least be optimistic. With IS bias, OU still took 60 people off the WL last year. I interviewed at another school this year much more prestigious than OU. This other school told us during the info session that they interview 1000 for 200 spots. They offered over 400 As for those spots. So if OU is interviewing 600 for 200 spots, I'd guess they'll have to reach deep into the WL to fill. This is particularly true if they are optimistically offering As to high stat OOS applicants.

It's just the way it goes guys. It doesn't mean you'll be a bad physician or do any worse in school. Prove them wrong!
My concern would be needing to hear back before my commitment date for schools I have been accepted to. I also need to figure out my living arrangements and would appreciate a good amount of time to plan a big move if need be. I have a lot going on with my personal life, mainly my grandma is on hospice with terminal brain cancer, so I guess I really want some stability in my life. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given though, and I'm not taking any of it for granted.
 
Someone from the Jan. 11 tour please tell me I’m not crazy and that they did say we could hear from them late the next week and early the week after? I understand that, yes, this is a complicated process, but please don’t get our hopes up! Feeling a little frustrated like everyone else is about the shifting of dates, etc.