2024-2025 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone from the Jan. 11 tour please tell me I’m not crazy and that they did say we could hear from them late the next week and early the week after? I understand that, yes, this is a complicated process, but please don’t get our hopes up! Feeling a little frustrated like everyone else is about the shifting of dates, etc.
I was also there, they 100% said that.
 
Someone from the Jan. 11 tour please tell me I’m not crazy and that they did say we could hear from them late the next week and early the week after? I understand that, yes, this is a complicated process, but please don’t get our hopes up! Feeling a little frustrated like everyone else is about the shifting of dates, etc.
They also emailed us and told us that we would hear mid-January. I think we're a little past mid-January.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!! Just heard coin $ came thru for me at another MD school! What with OU’s delays and other garbage, I’m taking a good, sure thing and am done with OU. Everyone still waiting, especially fellow IS folks whose taxes fund OU as well as poor OOS folks they’ve been teasing along who don’t meet their new mysterious criteria, know that you deserve far better than what they’ve been delivering. The whole med school application process stinks but OU made it extra foul this cycle, in my “sensationalizing, bitter” opinion. 😉 Hoping and praying y’all get great news soon, whichever school it’s from, and wish you “future doctors at (whichever)” great careers and happy lives!
 
Last edited:
Yes!! Just heard coin came thru for me at another MD school! What with OU’s delays and other garbage, I’m taking a good, sure thing and am done with OU. Everyone still waiting, especially fellow IS folks whose taxes fund OU as well as poor OOS folks they’ve been teasing along who don’t meet their new mysterious criteria, know that you deserve far better than what they’ve been delivering. The whole med school application process stinks but OU made it extra foul this cycle, in my “sensationalizing, bitter” opinion. 😉 Hoping and praying y’all get great news soon, whichever school it’s from, and wish you “future doctors at (whichever)” great careers and happy lives!
I'm glad that you got in! Even though I already got accepted, your rants kept me coming back to this thread and kept it entertaining.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm glad that you got in! Even though I already got accepted, your rants kept me coming back to this thread and kept it entertaining.
I did not hear anything from OU, just to be clear. I got As elsewhere, but wasn’t sure I could afford any of them, until yesterday, without taking on hellish debt. I’m taking the good deal. How many of us will OU run out of state? How many of the non-Okies the school’s chasing after now will want to eventually land in places like Checotah, Durant or even more remote? 🤔
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does LM 66.5 mean? Sorry I’m not familiar with the term.

Well.. to OU AdComms it means no more than up to 40% in an absurd "total" score they imposed suddenly this cycle. LM doesn't mean as much as how a couple, semi-disinterested M.D. strangers decide they like you or not after 45 min's over Zoom (that's up to 60% to OU).

This link explains LM in connection with most normal medical schools: LizzyM Score Calculator - What are my medical school chances?
 
Last edited:
Just now got an IS A! I'm so excited !!
(Interviewed in December, LM 66.5, non-trad)
((Call came from 405-271-1023))
Man Body GIF

LET'S GOOOOOOO
 
Congrats to all getting a call ...but are we to understand that OU only has this one person making calls? No one else is picking up a phone there after making people twist for months? What a circus.

Can we enjoy this moment and the fact that some people are finally hearing news, and pause with the negativity for a second. Admissions are human too my g haha
 
Can we enjoy this moment and the fact that some people are finally hearing news, and pause with the negativity for a second. Admissions are human too my g haha
Absolutely, hence the sincere, "Congratulations" However, there are many others who have this site as their sole means of learning anything and finding compadres and some of these folks are suffering mightily as they painstakingly wait and worry. As future doctors at OU, or elsewhere, it's important to be cognizant of them too since they will not likely have the same real-world cheering squads available as those with an A to celebrate, and they are still waiting to hear how their own stories go while the kindly human in admissions (who works for the more arbitrary and perhaps even callous AdComms) continues to make these one at a time calls.
 
Absolutely, hence the sincere, "Congratulations" However, there are many others who have this site as their sole means of learning anything and finding compadres and some of these folks are suffering mightily as they painstakingly wait and worry. As future doctors at OU, or elsewhere, it's important to be cognizant of them too since they will not likely have the same real-world cheering squads available to those with an A to celebrate and they are still waiting to hear how their own stories go while the kindly human in admissions (who work for the more arbitrary and perhaps even callous AdComms) continues to make these one at a time calls.
I think we all feel for people having to wait. For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo in the application cycle either & have been on the side of getting bad news and/or having to wait longer than others. From my work experience, making calls can be logistically difficult. It would always be easy if everyone picked up immediately, etc. but that doesn't happen. Even if all 3 of the admissions staff made calls for 8 hours, I wouldn't expect them to humanely make more than 60ish calls in a day.
 
Absolutely, hence the sincere, "Congratulations" However, there are many others who have this site as their sole means of learning anything and finding compadres and some of these folks are suffering mightily as they painstakingly wait and worry. As future doctors at OU, or elsewhere, it's important to be cognizant of them too since they will not likely have the same real-world cheering squads available as those with an A to celebrate, and they are still waiting to hear how their own stories go while the kindly human in admissions (who works for the more arbitrary and perhaps even callous AdComms) continues to make these one at a time calls.

And I get where you’re coming from. This is my first cycle so idk what to expect or who to ask about it. But I can’t blame admissions since, from what I’ve read, they’ve been making a lottta changes this cycle.

Whatever MS you get in to, maybe work your way into the admissions council. You seem passionate about bettering the process. And ik future premed students like us would appreciate it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hate to be the guy that says “if you don’t have anything nice don’t say it at all” but can you guys stop spamming this thread with cynicism and negativity? Especially if you already have As in other places? Theres like 3 of yall making up half the thread just trashing on the school while people are trying to celebrate acceptances. Relax.