You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
imperiosobayleaf
Full Member
IS A! interviewed 12/6
I wouldn’t lose hope yet, at least based on how often people post on here it seems like their waves are smaller and not perfectly in rolling orderDang i didnt hear anything i intervieweed 12/6 :/ was this a big wave today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mamaMother
Full Member
wondering the same thing ^Does anyone know if stony heavily weighs letters of intent? idk if I should send one in now (recently interviewed) or wait if get WL?
IS A yesterday!! Interviewed 12/16
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Any November folks still ****ting their pants 🤓
Damn I also interviewed 12/16 and haven’t heard anything. It’s lookin slow lol 😣😣IS A yesterday!! Interviewed 12/16
lawnmower101
Full Member
Did you guys send individual thank you letters to both of your interviewers? or did you wrap it up into one
PotatoBean
Full Member
You guys are sending thank-you letters?Did you guys send individual thank you letters to both of your interviewers? or did you wrap it up into one
Jk. I always send individualized ones. If you're going to send a thank you it merits personalizing it. All-call thank you letters lack the tone and earnestness, imo.
Also likely none of this matters. It's a nicety
mamaMother
Full Member
literally in the same boat as u I'm freaking out more n more every day😭Any November folks still ****ting their pants 🤓
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
AH lmao I literally wrote a responses a few days ago about how to not freak out in this waiting game and then posted this. Just hard not to worry but it’s nice to know we’re not alone I guess! STAY STRONGliterally in the same boat as u I'm freaking out more n more every day😭
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
complete 7/8, OOS pre-II R just now
brainfart123
Full Member
+1 IS R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
right! that email was kinda nice 😌pre-II R! at least they were sweet about it.
+1 IS Pre-II R yesterday
yogidocalli3
New Member
hi guys i literally joined SDN solely because i interviewed here on 11/4 and STILL haven’t heard anything and im totally freaking out [emoji24][emoji24]
PotatoBean
Full Member
You are in good company. Everyone on SDN is white-knuckled and waitinghi guys i literally joined SDN solely because i interviewed here on 11/4 and STILL haven’t heard anything and im totally freaking out [emoji24][emoji24]
mamaMother
Full Member
join the club lol theres a few of us here who interviewed in nov and are still waiting to hear back 🙁hi guys i literally joined SDN solely because i interviewed here on 11/4 and STILL haven’t heard anything and im totally freaking out [emoji24][emoji24]
hi guys i literally joined SDN solely because i interviewed here on 11/4 and STILL haven’t heard anything and im totally freaking out![]()
![]()
Interesting. I interviewed 11/4 and I was waitlisted. Probably overthinking this, but if you're still being considered for an acceptance I wonder if this means I have a lower spot on the waitlist.hi guys i literally joined SDN solely because i interviewed here on 11/4 and STILL haven’t heard anything and im totally freaking out [emoji24][emoji24]
Waitlistno2
Full Member
Love you all looking forward to the A's tomorrow!
mamaMother
Full Member
also manifesting A's tmro LOL
Love you all looking forward to the A's tomorrow!
Valerianux
Full Member
I’m supposed to be interviewing later this week but I haven’t received the email with details, should I reach out? I feel like they forgot about me lol
lawnmower101
Full Member
I interviewed last week they sent me my stuff two days before, if you dont get it before the day of i would reach outI’m supposed to be interviewing later this week but I haven’t received the email with details, should I reach out? I feel like they forgot about me lol
bluestardoc12
Full Member
waitlisted just now. interview 12/6
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
IS WL, interviewed 11/25 😔😔
yogidocalli3
New Member
rip IS WL interviewed 11/4 [emoji25][emoji1364]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlistno2
Full Member
During their session, they mentioned that there was minimal WL movement. Hold reasonable expectations, but no one's dead in the water!
landhuman1234
Full Member
doesnt 30% of their class come from the WL?During their session, they mentioned that there was minimal WL movement. Hold reasonable expectations, but no one's dead in the water!
Waitlistno2
Full Member
Grace said 10 during the info session, at least that's what I remember. Could be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I like your answer better
Waitlistno2
Full Member
Welp, I'm proudly and happily wrong. Sorry for the confusion guys
Got this email as well–though I will say that I skimmed last year's forum and it looked like a rough year for the WL. Hopefully it was just a down year 🙏Was told through an email that ~1/3 come from the waitlist.
nanamistyy
Full Member
just got waitlisted! pulling myself off the waitlist, good luck everyone! 😛
mamaMother
Full Member
did u just receive the email right now?just got waitlisted! pulling myself off the waitlist, good luck everyone! 😛
nanamistyy
Full Member
got it a few hours ago around 3pmdid u just receive the email right now?
nanamistyy
Full Member
11/15when did you interview?
caffeineenzyme
Full Member
Anyone get HPWL this year?
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Are they done sending II?
Based on cycletrack, most likelyAre they done sending II?
skydweller
Full Member
Dec 2nd II, still didn’t hear back it’s clipped. Ima just assume R or WL
mamaMother
Full Member
i interviewed mid november and havent heard back yet either😩Dec 2nd II, still didn’t hear back it’s clipped. Ima just assume R or WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did we get any information about accepted students day/second look as yet? Not sure if I missed anything in any of the emails sent.
I emailed about this a few days ago. Yes there will be a second look event. No they do not know when it will be yet. We should get notified when the dates are assigned.Did we get any information about accepted students day/second look as yet? Not sure if I missed anything in any of the emails sent.
Awesome, thank you!I emailed about this a few days ago. Yes there will be a second look event. No they do not know when it will be yet. We should get notified when the dates are assigned.
Waitlistno2
Full Member
Any news?
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Anyone still waiting to hear back? Submitted secondary beginning of August and still silent