You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TedMosby1207
Full Member
WL Interviewed mid-November
same hereIS WL Interviewed November 4th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happypremed2001
Full Member
NoDoes the school have a HPWL?
happypremed2001
Full Member
Oh interesting. I assumed not since no one reported it today. Did anyone get placed on the HPWL??Seems like they did based on past years' threads
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Damn seems like today is WL day - anyone interview in late November and hear back yet?
mcplayer24242424
Full Member
I don't think they have HPWL
sweetstyle
Full Member
IS WL yesterday, interviewed mid Nov
I have an interview coming up but I am way below the schools median for mcat (510). This is one of my top schools and I’m grateful I got an II but what’s the probability of them accepting low stats if I don’t really have a unique app. Apologies if this seems like a useless post
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
IMO, if you got an II then they like you enough that your MCAT doesn’t matter as much as you think it does. I wouldn’t say your MCAT is no longer relevant in the process, but it seems they didn’t think it was an issue. Just be yourself on the interview and try to connect with the interviewersI have an interview coming up but I am way below the schools median for mcat (510). This is one of my top schools and I’m grateful I got an II but what’s the probability of them accepting low stats if I don’t really have a unique app. Apologies if this seems like a useless post
VINILOVER123
Full Member
would definitely say that to throw that out the window. From receiving MULTI acceptances with a low lm63 this cycle, 99% is already there with the interview. Now its a character fit, and definitely embrace ur app like its the most unique thing possible, it would give u confidence when answering. GOOD LUCK!!!I have an interview coming up but I am way below the schools median for mcat (510). This is one of my top schools and I’m grateful I got an II but what’s the probability of them accepting low stats if I don’t really have a unique app. Apologies if this seems like a useless post
Valerianux
Full Member
anyone who has interviewed here mind sharing how it was? I interview early next month and wondering how the interview is
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Pretty chill IMO, I had 2 interviews with 2 physicians at Stony. One of them was pressed for time and lasted only 10 min. Just asked about my app and one ethical question. The other was 45 min and we talked about how we had similar lives growing up with a single mom and the obstacles we faced. Very personable and kind people on mine, and I’ve heard others have had the same experienceanyone who has interviewed here mind sharing how it was? I interview early next month and wondering how the interview is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PremedPicasso2
Full Member
Bumping my old Q; not sure if you had any insight on this "Does RSOM review LORs before determining IIs, or are they like some schools that only consider them afterward?"Pretty chill IMO, I had 2 interviews with 2 physicians at Stony. One of them was pressed for time and lasted only 10 min. Just asked about my app and one ethical question. The other was 45 min and we talked about how we had similar lives growing up with a single mom and the obstacles we faced. Very personable and kind people on mine, and I’ve heard others have had the same experience
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
No idea TBHBumping my old Q; not sure if you had any insight on this "Does RSOM review LORs before determining IIs, or are they like some schools that only consider them afterward?"
sweetstyle
Full Member
They review them before. One of my interviewers referenced by LOR indicating that they had read them.Bumping my old Q; not sure if you had any insight on this "Does RSOM review LORs before determining IIs, or are they like some schools that only consider them afterward?"
caffeineenzyme
Full Member
Any idea when the next batch of decisions come out?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
No clue but it’s been a minute since the last dropAny idea when the next batch of decisions come out?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Seems they were all WL. Guess I meant been a minute since As.It's been a week
Valerianux
Full Member
Pretty chill IMO, I had [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]] interviews with [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]] physicians at Stony. One of them was pressed for time and lasted only [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] min. Just asked about my app and one ethical question. The other was [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]] min and we talked about how we had similar lives growing up with a single mom and the obstacles we faced. Very personable and kind people on mine, and I’ve heard others have had the same experience
Thanks! For the ethical question, would you recommend I review the UW ethics page?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Absolutely. I got a question on breaking bad news. Doesn’t hurt!Thanks! For the ethical question, would you recommend I review the UW ethics page?
mamaMother
Full Member
does anyone think decisions are gonna come out this week? I interviewed in Nov and haven't heard back yet
Waitlistno2
Full Member
If anyone else is neurotically checking this page for an update every 5 mins, I'm with you.
sweetstyle
Full Member
when does wl movement typically start?
@ People that have gotten A’s, typically how long did they let you know after your interview?
landhuman1234
Full Member
Anyone from december interviews heard anything? I interviewed early Dec
I interviewed 12/3 and still haven’t heard anything, I’m telling myself the holidays delayed things a bitAnyone from december interviews heard anything? I interviewed early Dec
Waitlistno2
Full Member
Does anyone remember if during the interview day Alyssa said send updates and whatnot to the portal and email them to let them know, or to just directly email them the update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they said upload to the portalDoes anyone remember if during the interview day Alyssa said send updates and whatnot to the portal and email them to let them know, or to just directly email them the update?
but email them to let them know you did it cause they don’t check!
Diehardchimp
New Member
Looks like one A reported on 1/16 on CycleTrack
Valerianux
Full Member
Are interviews here open file or closed?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
OpenAre interviews here open file or closed?
wannabegirldoctor
New Member
IS A 1/16!
PotatoBean
Full Member
Lordy, a 10 day turnaround time??IS A 1/16!
I think they mean they got a A on 1/16?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Be still my hearttttI think they mean they got a A on 1/16?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Congrats! When was your interview?IS A 1/16!
mamaMother
Full Member
anyone know how frequently stonys been doing A waves? I'm still freaking out bc I interviewed in november
snowflake_
always stressed
I was looking at last years thread, it was around this week that another wave would comeanyone know how frequently stonys been doing A waves? I'm still freaking out bc I interviewed in november
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Yeahhhh I have waves of panic and serenity. Interviewed in November as well. Just keep telling myself that checking my email doesn’t change the outcome, and finding out 2 min after I would if I check my email isn’t the end of the worldanyone know how frequently stonys been doing A waves? I'm still freaking out bc I interviewed in november
wannabegirldoctor
New Member
I do mean this. I interviewed like 12/6 I thinkI think they mean they got a A on 1/16?
mamaMother
Full Member
manifesting As for all of us that r freaking out rn😭same, but I just interviewed a week ago and expecting a response anyday 😭
btw I love ur profile pic lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1182018
Does anyone know if stony heavily weighs letters of intent? idk if I should send one in now (recently interviewed) or wait if get WL?
D
deleted1182018
thanks! also a drake fan too lmaooomanifesting As for all of us that r freaking out rn😭
btw I love ur profile pic lol
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
CorrectThe interview is literally just two interviews right? Like there’s no other info session or thing we have to go to on interview day.