Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey when did you interview? I interviewed November 19th. Getting nervous+1 OOS MSTP A
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey when did you interview? I interviewed November 19th. Getting nervous+1 OOS MSTP A
I interviewed 12/17Hey when did you interview? I interviewed November 19th. Getting nervous
nope. called to be like "hey did yall get this" and they basically said they'd reach out if anything else was neededfor those who submitted fin aid documents, did you receive a reply confirmation email?
Hi! Admitted student here. What financial aid documents did you fill out? Just want to make sure I’m doing everything I need to.for those who submitted fin aid documents, did you receive a reply confirmation email?
Financial aid should have sent you an email with a checklist sometime after acceptance offer. Included submission of FAFSA, parent federal tax returns for 2023 and 2024 and your own returns if you didn't do the data retrieval for FAFSA, financial aid transcript / financial aid package from undergrad institutions, and the actual application packet itself with just additional income info. For those who were accepted before the new year, deadline was Jan 2 I believe, and for those after it is 2 weeks from acceptance date. Seems a bit rushed but what can ya do.Hi! Admitted student here. What financial aid documents did you fill out? Just want to make sure I’m doing everything I need to.
just got an email saying the office will call me with more info never got the call wbu guysfor those who submitted fin aid documents, did you receive a reply confirmation email?
following, curious tooIs Stoney brook generous with financial aids? Merit based?
Congrats+1 IS II! Submitted mid August. Surprised they’re still sending them out tbh
an email will come through closer to your interview date giving you specific times. It is 2 interviews ~30 min each with 2 different people.Does anyone know what time their interviews happen? is it all day?
I was accepted on 12/05 and tried calling and emailing several times. No response. I even sent in my entire completed financial aid packet and they did not respond with anything. I know it's probably fine but I don't know why they haven't responded to anything. Have any of you guys sent your official transcripts to the school?I
just got an email saying the office will call me with more info never got the call wbu guys
same w/ the lack of responsiveness. kinda annoying. haven't sent transcript yet - when is deadline for this?I was accepted on 12/05 and tried calling and emailing several times. No response. I even sent in my entire completed financial aid packet and they did not respond with anything. I know it's probably fine but I don't know why they haven't responded to anything. Have any of you guys sent your official transcripts to the school?
yeah.. i am glad we are on the same boat. they said as soon as possible (we probably have until june) and we can email/have the school send over via parchment.same w/ the lack of responsiveness. kinda annoying. haven't sent transcript yet - when is deadline for this?
here did they say we should email them? All I got in the email was that a transcript was required they didn't even tell me when or howyeah.. i am glad we are on the same boat. they said as soon as possible (we probably have until june) and we can email/have the school send over via parchment.
i emailed them asking how i should send them my transcript and they said via email or parchment is fine. they didn't specify when.w
here did they say we should email them? All I got in the email was that a transcript was required they didn't even tell me when or how
on parchment should I just search up stony brook med? Thanks!i emailed them asking how i should send them my transcript and they said via email or parchment is fine. they didn't specify when.
did you just end up sending to SUNY - stony brookon parchment should I just search up stony brook med? Thanks!
yup! since there were indeed no guidelines and they wanted inclusion of need, distinguishment, and future impact, what I did over about a page and a half was:For those who submitted the FA stuff, did you guys also do the personal statement for the merit scholarships? There's no info about length or anything so I'm confused
I was only able to find "stony brook university" on parchment. I think it also depends how your undergrad institution sends official transcripts. My undergrad college uses parchment to do so, so just double check with your own college 🙂on parchment should I just search up stony brook med? Thanks!
wait where did you find this?yup! since there were indeed no guidelines and they wanted inclusion of need, distinguishment, and future impact, what I did over about a page and a half was:
• establish need as clearly as possible without dramatization (referred specifically to Pell and institutional grants, federal loans, employment, and lack of parental support at undergrad level)
• show how prior aid enabled success etc. (called on awards and volunteer roles that could be done in part thanks to less financial burden)
• tie scholarship support to what it would realistically allow me to do in med school and beyond (staying engaged in RSOM’s community work, keeping primary care on the table, and not having debt dictate those choices)
don't think they even let us know until fall of matriculation year though. really unfortunate :/
wait i'm so sorry I never received this 😭 do you have anywhere I can dm you I don't want to fill up this thread
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I never received a financial aid packet via email. Did you have to fill out the FAFSA first? I was accepted 12/22 so I’m afraid I missed the Jan 2nd deadline you were talking about.Financial aid should have sent you an email with a checklist sometime after acceptance offer. Included submission of FAFSA, parent federal tax returns for 2023 and 2024 and your own returns if you didn't do the data retrieval for FAFSA, financial aid transcript / financial aid package from undergrad institutions, and the actual application packet itself with just additional income info. For those who were accepted before the new year, deadline was Jan 2 I believe, and for those after it is 2 weeks from acceptance date. Seems a bit rushed but what can ya do.
They seem pretty relaxed about sending in actual tax return copies or transcripts, I sent both just to be safe. Again when I called to verify they were kinda short lol, just said "yeah if you submitted to that email address you're good and we'll be in touch." Hope this helps!!
Seems like 4 weeks if you get accepted. If you get waitlisted or rejected, much longer+1 early jan interview, when can we expect decisions?
Feb 10th 5:30PM est.Does anyone know what the 3YMD thing meeting is? Is there any info on the program itself? Thanks!
is there any information on it? Like specifically which specialties? If any current student has any input that'd be nice!Feb 10th 5:30PM est.
Solid that it doesn't limit specialty!
sorry not a current student but did a dive and seems like any specialty is valid, the drawback is that you have to stay at RSOM for residency in said specialty (that you declare upon applying). Not a bad deal if you were planning on staying and know what you want though! Please someone correct if not accurateis there any information on it? Like specifically which specialties? If any current student has any input that'd be nice!
how do you know that you're HPWL? Does your waitlist email specify that you're on a HPWL?should I send a letter of intent? I was HPWL in December.
Yes it doeshow do you know that you're HPWL? Does your waitlist email specify that you're on a HPWL?
I just saw this too what the actual **** dudefor anyone who was accepted, are you guys planning to take out private loans? if so, when are you thinking of shopping around. Apparently we don't get our financial award until July...
Congrats! Can I ask when you were complete?IS II. Very excited. This is my top choice.
isnt that a bit early? we were told 6-8 weeks. is it high priority list or regular?OOS post-II WL (early jan interview)
I interviewed late Jan and I got conflicting info tbh. Interviewer said 2 weeks, info session said 6-8. On here and Admit seems like a lot hear back after 4 weeksisnt that a bit early? we were told 6-8 weeks. is it high priority list or regular?
Some time in July I believeCongrats! Can I ask when you were complete?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.