Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good luck!!+1 OOS II Complete 09/26. Definitely wasn't expecting this at all lol
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
good luck!!+1 OOS II Complete 09/26. Definitely wasn't expecting this at all lol
Same here, interviewed early December and crickets. It's torture!how long can they keep you waiting man my interview was early December 😢. I read in another thread that it's better to just wait rather than sending an email, but I feel like an idiot just sitting here lol.
Congrats! Can I ask how far out they're scheduling interviews for?+1 OOS II Complete 09/26. Definitely wasn't expecting this at all lol
I only saw 03/09 and 03/10 availableCongrats! Can I ask how far out they're scheduling interviews for?
I heard there’s a lot of waitlist movement for this school so there’s still hope! When did you interview and did u get the email today?IS regular waitlist the dream is over...
there is an HPWL and I have not seen much movement in past threads 🙁I heard there’s a lot of waitlist movement for this school so there’s still hope! When did you interview and did u get the email today?
My apologies, I was unfamiliar with the distinction between HPWL and WL.there were 0 admitted from waitlist last year
I mean not even from HPWL, so cant really expect from regular WLMy apologies, I was unfamiliar with the distinction between HPWL and WL.
Messages from the Knapp Dean | Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University (Sept 2025 section)I was told by their team in our email correspondence that they usually admit a decent chunk of their class off of the waitlist every year. Unless we have concrete evidence that 0 were admitted last year I have a hard time believing that at one point 30% of their class were WL students and last year no one was
In an info meeting, admin also said more people accepted their spots than expected so they didn't admit anyone from the WLs.
From other schools I’ve interviewed at most of them say wait till you’re waitlisted but it’s up to you!Is it worth sending a letter of intent here before a decision has been made?
I did not (but I kind of feel like I should...)Did you send an update letter
I emailed and they said they will be releasing information about it soon but the dates are April 17th and 24thHas SB announced when this year's accepted student's day will be?
Is there an accepted students group me?I emailed and they said they will be releasing information about it soon but the dates are April 17th and 24th
Also wondering abt this!Is there an accepted students group me?
haven't seen one yetIs there an accepted students group me?
Yes please!Anyone want to make a group me so we can start looking for roommates?
There is a HPWL this yearWL - 3/31
Interview - 3/12
Does anyone know if there is HP WL this year or j WL?
same, i interviewed 2/11I interviewed 2/17 and haven’t heard anything back lol. Would that be a rejection then?
Last year they over accepted and no one was admitted from the wait list. The class size was larger than the usual amount. I suspect it will be different this year and they will probably swing in the opposite direction and have to admit off the waitlist.I heard there’s a lot of waitlist movement for this school so there’s still hope! When did you interview and did u get the email today?
I really hope you are right lolLast year they over accepted and no one was admitted from the wait list. The class size was larger than the usual amount. I suspect it will be different this year and they will probably swing in the opposite direction and have to admit off the waitlist.
Late response, but I also read that... Do we know if that's true? I thought I saw somewhere on sdn that some ppl got finaid award alreadyfor anyone who was accepted, are you guys planning to take out private loans? if so, when are you thinking of shopping around. Apparently we don't get our financial award until July...
It was so long ago I read this but I believe this info came directly from the school in an email. I’m not surprised after all it’s a state school awaiting state funding.Late response, but I also read that... Do we know if that's true? I thought I saw somewhere on sdn that some ppl got finaid award already
I’d say probably pretty slim. Majority will be after April 30th. Maybe a few from OOS people withdrawing??Chance of WL movement after tmrw?
Congrats!!! Any ties to NY?+1 OOS A!! Interviewed 03/09
Thanks! I don’t have any tiesCongrats!!! Any ties to NY?
Yeah. I also sent it and didn’t get any response. I think the official financial aid offer is sent to us in July…For those who have been accepted but have not been given finaid yet, are you basically committing without knowing any aid? I havent gotten an aid offer yet but the april 30th deadline is coming up so im stressed
Did they go to the school?Would it be a bad idea to have a surgeon I shadowed at stony call on my behalf? Im on the WL, He already wrote me a LOR
he didnt go there but he works thereDid they go to the school?
I mean he already sent a letter which is huge. I’m not sure if calling would be of any benefit. Who is he gonna speak to? The admissions office? i feel any influence he might of had would have occurred when the adcoms saw he wrote you a letter. But then again, can it hurt? I’m not sure.he didnt go there but he works there
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.