You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1195515
For those of you receiving II, when did y'all send in your secondaries? 🙂 thank you in advance!
babseeb
Full Member
I finished my secondary + application completed on 6/30. Primary was verified on 6/26. LM 75For those of you receiving II, when did y'all send in your secondaries? 🙂 thank you in advance!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1195515
Ohhhh, ha. I guess that means I'm cooked 😵 secondary/application completed on 6/12
No no you got it. Its still so early in the cycle!!Ohhhh, ha. I guess that means I'm cooked 😵 secondary/application completed on 6/12
babseeb
Full Member
bro no way, this is just the first wave :,(Ohhhh, ha. I guess that means I'm cooked 😵 secondary/application completed on 6/12
D
deleted1195515
Congratz on the interview though 🙂 the neuroticism is just hitting me hard
bro no way, this is just the first wave :,(
plsss utmb, I just need one II 😢. LM 72. submitted 6/19. i'm being neurotic ik
Watermelon_H
Full Member
Congratz on IIs. Would like to tell what's your Casper? Thanks.
roastbeef02
Full Member
IS II for me also. Sign up genius doesn’t work for me either. Let’s me open it but says all slots are full
Wait a day or 2 they will open up more spotsIS II for me also. Sign up genius doesn’t work for me either. Let’s me open it but says all slots are full
ihaveosteoporosis
New Member
IS II Received! - LM 74 - 4Q Casper - Submitted secondary 6/29/24
Congrats! Did you receive yours today or yesterday?IS II Received! - LM 74 - 4Q Casper - Submitted secondary 6/29/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, UTMB is my #1 so I'm hoping it pans out.Congratz on the interview though 🙂 the neuroticism is just hitting me hard
ihaveosteoporosis
New Member
Yesterday (7/23/24) 🙂Congrats! Did you receive yours today or yesterday?
How long after verification did you receive a secondary?
Hey there, processing times won’t be the same for everyone depending on the volume of applications they’re processing.How long after verification did you receive a secondary?
I figured that was the case, did not know if they were automatic or not since some schools sent them shortly after verificationHey there, processing times won’t be the same for everyone depending on the volume of applications they’re processing.
I’m just so confused? So they send this after you paid money for the secondary? I don’t understand how these schools don’t announce this before you pay? I also don’t know what it means in terms of rejection or not so idk. It’s just frustrating to hearHiiii! Do you all know if UTMB begins rejecting this early? I already submitted my application and secondary, and it is complete! They are not waiting on anything else from me!
I received an email that states: “We hope this email finds you well. Thank you for your interest in our medical school program and for submitting your application. After our initial screening of your application, we recognize your potential and commitment to pursuing a career in medicine.
While we were impressed by many aspects of your application, we noticed that your MCAT score falls below our program's competitive range. We understand that the MCAT is a challenging exam and that a single test score may not fully reflect your capabilities and potential as a future physician.”
And then it goes on to tell me about a yearlong virtual program (Representation for Primart Care Program) that they offer , the program requirements, the cost, the scholar eligibility, etc.
This email was sent from JSSOM Outreach, but it was signed JSSOM Admissions and Recruitment Team.
I did the online meeting they offered to discuss it. They broaden the criteria compared to last years so if you are under their mcat range they would’ve most likely send it to you. I do think it’s a soft R because they said your application will be reviewed regardless but if they already stated the score was below their competitive range then it doesn’t give much hope. At least for me it doesn’t I don’t expect to hear anything. They said the application will be reviewed though or at least still go through whatever process they have.I’m just so confused? So they send this after you paid money for the secondary? I don’t understand how these schools don’t announce this before you pay? I also don’t know what it means in terms of rejection or not so idk. It’s just frustrating to hear
Does anyone know if UTMB bases their admissions decisions on only the interview or if they do it based on a holistic approach?
You have to be assessed overall before having the chance to interview.Does anyone know if UTMB bases their admissions decisions on only the interview or if they do it based on a holistic approach?
Although the interview is the final piece of information about you, it is yours to make or break.
How long after you submitted your secondary did you get thisI’m just so confused? So they send this after you paid money for the secondary? I don’t understand how these schools don’t announce this before you pay? I also don’t know what it means in terms of rejection or not so idk. It’s just frustrating to hear
60-65% of Texas applicants eventually get turned down after completing their secondary, only some that complete the secondary will be interviewed, and by the end about 35% are accepted.I’m just so confused? So they send this after you paid money for the secondary? I don’t understand how these schools don’t announce this before you pay? I also don’t know what it means in terms of rejection or not so idk. It’s just frustrating to hear
The idea that you can be turned down after a secondary should not be new or surprising to anyone, though I know it's disappointing...
There are many ways to manage an application cycle with thousands of applicants.
Some let you know early you are not going to progress further with their school, and others let you wait until all the interviews are over to come to the conclusion that you did not interview at a school, so you won't be going there.
It's a tough and long process. y'all, and there will be disappointing times.
Early rejections are new thing but it will help next year applicants decide whether they want to apply.60-65% of Texas applicants eventually get turned down after completing their secondary, only some that complete the secondary will be interviewed, and by the end about 35% are accepted.
The idea that you can be turned down after a secondary should not be new or surprising to anyone, though I know it's disappointing...
There are many ways to manage an application cycle with thousands of applicants.
Some let you know early you are not going to progress further with their school, and others let you wait until all the interviews are over to come to the conclusion that you did not interview at a school, so you won't be going there.
It's a tough and long process. y'all, and there will be disappointing times.
They keep trying something new each year and last for the first time they rejected people after the interview and before match day.
Submitted my secondary weeks ago but forgot about the video responses, just got an email saying I hadn't done them how cooked am I if I do them today? Also is there any way to prepapre?
If they are sending you a reminder, it's not too late to do them.Submitted my secondary weeks ago but forgot about the video responses, just got an email saying I hadn't done them how cooked am I if I do them today? Also is there any way to prepapre?
Dress up, film it in a quiet room, get used to knowing how long "talking for 2 minutes" is.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
I received an email saying my application is NOT complete since the video portion is not completed. However, I completed the first two interview questions and submitted them since they are the only (2 of 3) required for regular MD. Should I submit the third "blank" or is anyone else receiving this email after completing the first 2?
Email them to explain and tell them the date you submittedI received an email saying my application is NOT complete since the video portion is not completed. However, I completed the first two interview questions and submitted them since they are the only (2 of 3) required for regular MD. Should I submit the third "blank" or is anyone else receiving this email after completing the first 2?
Dopaminergic Cells
Full Member
I had this issue too. I emailed them and they explained that you have to go on to the third question, start recording your answer, and then a button appears that allows you to skip it.I received an email saying my application is NOT complete since the video portion is not completed. However, I completed the first two interview questions and submitted them since they are the only (2 of 3) required for regular MD. Should I submit the third "blank" or is anyone else receiving this email after completing the first 2?
If you go into the interview again, it will just pick up on the third question where you left off.
Dopaminergic Cells
Full Member
Definitely not too late. I know someone that got an acceptance a previous year that did the video long after submitting the secondary.Submitted my secondary weeks ago but forgot about the video responses, just got an email saying I hadn't done them how cooked am I if I do them today? Also is there any way to prepapre?
There is no chance to re-do your video response at UTMB. The platform/portal is saving your response in real time.So are we not allowed to redo the video if we dont like our first attempt? I read earlier that someone said dont redo it
The video for UTRGV you can redo as much as you want because you are taping it on your own computer and then uploading your final product to the school.
Dopaminergic Cells
Full Member
For those registered, has anyone received any information about the pre-interview orientation this Friday?
I got an email on Tuesday.For those registered, has anyone received any information about the pre-interview orientation this Friday?
IS II, complete 7/18- the harvest is sweet
supernovae
Full Member
IS II, complete 6/23! LM 72, 4Q Casper
2024applicant123435
Full Member
IS II complete 06/26
Last edited:
IS II complete 06/26
more info?
2024applicant123435
Full Member
LM 76, 4Q Caspermore info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InterviewHarvester
II Hunting Specialist.
+1, yesterday.IS II complete 06/26
This harvester would like to know: Is this a true MMI? As in only ethical situations? Or is it a mix with traditional questions. The contents of my words have been spilled onto this thread as my last MMI did include these types of questions.
Many interview dates are next week so some of us may be able to let you know in the coming days! From what we were told during orientation it is seven stations with one being a ‘sell yourself’ station, the other six are a question mark as of now.+1, yesterday.
This harvester would like to know: Is this a true MMI? As in only ethical situations? Or is it a mix with traditional questions. The contents of my words have been spilled onto this thread as my last MMI did include these types of questions.
InterviewHarvester
II Hunting Specialist.
How do you answer a "sell yourself" question? Or better yet, how do you plan on spending those 8 minutes selling yourself? From the interview invite email it sounded like you could talk about why JSSOM or sell yourself. The Harvester must rethink how he approaches this question.Many interview dates are next week so some of us may be able to let you know in the coming days! From what we were told during orientation it is seven stations with one being a ‘sell yourself’ station, the other six are a question mark as of now.
The harvester advises the harvester to consider utilizing their natural interview experience cultivated in their mother’s womb for future guidanceHow do you answer a "sell yourself" question? Or better yet, how do you plan on spending those 8 minutes selling yourself? From the interview invite email it sounded like you could talk about why JSSOM or sell yourself. The Harvester must rethink how he approaches this question.
booksnmedicine
Full Member
From what I remember from last cycle it was a mix of ethical/situational and traditional questions…I remember talking about my hobbies but also what I would do in a given situation and defending it. I also did have the sell yourself question