You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
love_2_run
Full Member
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTSAn email starting off with congratulations within 10 minutes of 5pm of the final day of prematches is just cruel… lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already know the insomnia will kick in
D
deleted931444
I was thinking the same. Thinking of melatonin, but even then not sure it will work lolI already know the insomnia will kick in
love_2_run
Full Member
Maybe Nyquil 🤣I was thinking the same. Thinking of melatonin, but even then not sure it will work lol
Good luck everyone!! Excited to check this thread tomorrow and see some matches 😁
matched 🫶[emoji2533]
+1 😄
Same here
Same hereDidn’t match here. Are there any realistic chances of getting in? How much does the waitlist move after match day?
Matched!!!!!
happy&hungry
Full Member
Hiiii future classmates of 2028 👋😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Matched!! Happy to join yall this fall
love_2_run
Full Member
Also matched!
Also wondering this!!Any OOS applicants get an A this morning?
If there are no groups, maybe we can create one.
D
deleted931444
Matched today (but had a prematch)!!!. Hello future classmates!! Congrats to all!!
HopiKachina
Full Member
I believe there will be an official groupme made by the school or one of the school representatives themselves. I don't think they will make theirs until maybe another month out at least due to WL movement. @chicandtoughness do you have any additional information?If there are no groups, maybe we can create one.
longhorn2022
Full Member
Congratulations to everyone who matched. For those who didn't, did anyone get an alternate list email? I didn't, but checked last year's thread and saw that some people who did not match received alternate list (WL) emails ON match day. Also, I had no prematches, 3 IIs, and did not receive the 12:15 AM email (or the status change earlier).
D
deleted1122679
i have not receives anything yetCongratulations to everyone who matched. For those who didn't, did anyone get an alternate list email? I didn't, but checked last year's thread and saw that some people who did not match received alternate list (WL) emails ON match day. Also, I had no prematches, 3 IIs, and did not receive the 12:15 AM email (or the status change earlier).
Me neitheri have not receives anything yet
The school will make an official Facebook group and send that out to y'all via email sometime soon (I genuinely don't know when). All other group chats, etc. are not school created 🙂I believe there will be an official groupme made by the school or one of the school representatives themselves. I don't think they will make theirs until maybe another month out at least due to WL movement. @chicandtoughness do you have any additional information?
clutchoctopus6
New Member
Does everyone get moved to the WL if not matched or will there also be rejections given?Congratulations to everyone who matched. For those who didn't, did anyone get an alternate list email? I didn't, but checked last year's thread and saw that some people who did not match received alternate list (WL) emails ON match day. Also, I had no prematches, 3 IIs, and did not receive the 12:15 AM email (or the status change earlier).
but I want to start talking to all my new friends NOWWWWWThe school will make an official Facebook group and send that out to y'all via email sometime soon (I genuinely don't know when). All other group chats, etc. are not school created 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
longhorn2022
Full Member
Does everyone get moved to the WL if not matched or will there also be rejections given?
Not sure. n=1, but my friend who got in off the alt list/WL last year said she got the WL email around 5 pm on match day. And that she found out on April 29 ish + their match day was March 4th last year.
but I want to start talking to all my new friends NOWWWWW
Same lol, let’s make friends!!!!!
longhorn2022
Full Member
Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 AM CST.
Last edited:
D
deleted1122679
Alternate pool email just now! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 PM CST.
+1
clutchoctopus6
New Member
Same. We can do this😤Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 PM CST.
+1Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 PM CST.
D
deleted1122679
I would assume some people get rejected, they interview over 1000 and the email says the alternate pool is only ~200Do some people get out right rejected or does everyone move to the alternate pool that didn’t match ?
krebs_cycles
New Member
+1!Alternate pool email just now! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
me too
+1 .. fingers crossedJust got the alternate list email at 11:57 PM CST.
+1Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 PM CST.
ThanosThighs
Full Member
I also got the alternate pool email, and I am OOS. Does that mean OOS doesn't have a separate alternate pool? In the email it said there are 200 people in the pool
Anyone not get alt pool email? I’m just curious about how it works
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It should include everyone who interviewed, didnt get rejected (there were some post II rejections), didnt match or matched somewhere else but ranked UTMB higher.Is there a reason that the alternate pool is nearly the size of the class
Anyone who has matched somewhere will disappear from this list around May 15th.
longhorn2022
Full Member
I also got the alternate pool email, and I am OOS. Does that mean OOS doesn't have a separate alternate pool? In the email it said there are 200 people in the pool
I assume so because the 230 seats encompass IS and OOS students.
longhorn2022
Full Member
It should include everyone who interviewed, didnt get rejected (there were some post II rejections), didnt match or matched somewhere else but ranked UTMB higher.
Anyone who has matched somewhere will disappear from this list around May 15th.
So pretty much everyone who ranked UTMB highly is on this list lol?
In practice, OOS waitlist is completely dependent on whether some people give up their OOS seat unless UTMB didnt fill the OOS quota and using open waitlist to make offer to anyone.I assume so because the 230 seats encompass IS and OOS students.