You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Watch for an email from UTMB soon with lots of things to do, if there is any deposit you will be given instructions.Do we need to pay something? I paid money for a DO program but can’t find any information about UTMB.
D
deleted931444
Hey! UTMB does not require a deposit to accept the seat. EDIT: I am accepted student, got all the to do emails, and no deposit has been asked for since match day. Also, in the student portal (the one you did your secondary in), under Admissions Decision, there is a deposit tab and if you click, it reads "No deposit required at this time"Do we need to pay something? I paid money for a DO program but can’t find any information about UTMB.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ReadDoes anyone know if a letter of intent will carry any weight with the admissions committee in terms of getting off the waitlist?
From Waitlist to Offer: Inside an Admissions Committee | Student Doctor Network | SDN
When you are on a waitlist, it can feel like you'll never get an update. Learn how admissions committees determine how to fill their class.
www.studentdoctor.net
Not sure of the exact weight it can carry, but I personally don't think it can do any harm. UTMB was my top choice and I sent a letter right after my interview.Does anyone know if a letter of intent will carry any weight with the admissions committee in terms of getting off the waitlist?
krebs_cycles
New Member
Did you email it to them or upload it to the AMP portal?Not sure of the exact weight it can carry, but I personally don't think it can do any harm. UTMB was my top choice and I sent a letter right after my interview.
EmailedDid you email it to them or upload it to the AMP portal?
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Does anyone remember the scholarship opportunities here that were mentioned at orientation? If anyone has the link to those that would be appreciated, I cant seem to find it.
jack lock
Full Member
I didnt match here but iirc they said they will eventually send a link to yall during the tourDoes anyone remember the scholarship opportunities here that were mentioned at orientation? If anyone has the link to those that would be appreciated, I cant seem to find it.
Does anyone remember the scholarship opportunities here that were mentioned at orientation? If anyone has the link to those that would be appreciated, I cant seem to find it.
All Opportunities - The University of Texas Medical Branch Scholarships
Do you use the same login as the MyStar portal?It’s open now to fill out.All Opportunities - The University of Texas Medical Branch Scholarships
utmb.academicworks.com
Any waitlist movement so far?
Watch the Republic of Texas thread. wysdoc usually posts when they hear about WL offers and drops.Any waitlist movement so far?
Did you take the Kira Talent assessment?
blog.kiratalent.com
Make sure you full out our Recorded Video Interview survey! We want your feedback!
forums.studentdoctor.net
UTMB School of Medicine moves their MMI from Zoom to Kira - Kira Talent Admissions Resources
An all-in-one interview platform has helped UTMB School of Medicine upgrade their MMI, eliminating common tech challenges and saving 20+ hours per cycle.
Make sure you full out our Recorded Video Interview survey! We want your feedback!
Recorded video interview survey!
The 2024 Recorded Video Interview survey is open! Please tell your peers to complete the survey. We want to get a sense of how many different virtual interviews every has been exposed to, but we are also focused on the recorded video interview (such as Kira Talent or SparkHire). The more...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Folks who have committed to UTMB already, do you mind PMing me? I've been trying to catch y'all on Groupme but it's a slowwww process lol.
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....
They have in the past but I don’t know if the newish admissions Dean plans to carry on the custom.Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....
Depends on the budget. It always depends on the budget. 🙂They have in the past but I don’t know if the newish admissions Dean plans to carry on the custom.
love_2_run
Full Member
At the Spring Peek they gave us envelopes with a hard stock copy our acceptance letter and a little personalized note that was written to each one of us by an admissions member, but I doubt anything will be sent to our home addresses.Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....
No 🙁Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....
D
deleted931444
I just checked my bag because I thought I missed it…. But I didn’t have a copy of my acceptance letter in there or a personalized note 😂At the Spring Peek they gave us envelopes with a hard stock copy our acceptance letter and a little personalized note that was written to each one of us by an admissions member, but I doubt anything will be sent to our home addresses.
love_2_run
Full Member
It was in the envelope they gave us when we checked in at Spring Peek. But no worries I mean the letter is the same thing that's in the AMP portal lol and my "personalized note" was just "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!" signed by someone from admissions. Others got a little more than congrats on their notecards depending on who wrote them 🤣I just checked my bag because I thought I missed it…. But I didn’t have a copy of my acceptance letter in there or a personalized note 😂
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Can any MS1 or anyone that knows kind of explain a "week in the life" of an MS1? What are the daily schedules and times you need to be on campus? Does it change from week to week or is it pretty stable? I am curious about what the scheduling will be like. If there is a concrete schedule already out that would be amazing but I havent come across anything like that.
lavenderhazy
Full Member
we've had some people join the admitted students groupme from off the waitlist in the past week!Anyone on the waitlist hear back yet?😶
D
deleted931444
Yep! I can confirm this...we've had some people join the admitted students groupme from off the waitlist in the past week!
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Where is this groupme? 🙂
Join the GroupMe, I posted some typical schedules from MS1! Yes, this doxxes me but everyone already knows who I am anyways 🥲Can any MS1 or anyone that knows kind of explain a "week in the life" of an MS1? What are the daily schedules and times you need to be on campus? Does it change from week to week or is it pretty stable? I am curious about what the scheduling will be like. If there is a concrete schedule already out that would be amazing but I havent come across anything like that.
booksnmedicine
Full Member
If it makes you feel any better..I’m in that GroupMe and can’t tell who you are.Join the GroupMe, I posted some typical schedules from MS1! Yes, this doxxes me but everyone already knows who I am anyways 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
duh, whoever is giving you the answers. 🙂If it makes you feel any better..I’m in that GroupMe and can’t tell who you are.
They are all your juniors and need to look up to you when they start school!Join the GroupMe, I posted some typical schedules from MS1! Yes, this doxxes me but everyone already knows who I am anyways 🥲
longhorn2022
Full Member
Just got off the waitlist!
did they call? congrats! hoping this is me soon : (
riddy
Full Member
It was an email. Noon time. Hoping the best for you all on the waitlist!did they call? congrats! hoping this is me soon : (
244. Source: From email they sent to us before Match Day Rankings were due.What are the STEP 2 averages at UTMB? Sources are appreciated!
jack lock
Full Member
Just curious, but did you receive Financial/scholarship info in the acceptance email. Was wondering (not just for UTMB) if WL --> A ppl would receive that info immediatelyIt was an email. Noon time. Hoping the best for you all on the waitlist!
riddy
Full Member
Yes, I recieved it in another email right after.Just curious, but did you receive Financial/scholarship info in the acceptance email. Was wondering (not just for UTMB) if WL --> A ppl would receive that info immediately
Was it a scholarship / financial aid package? Or just info on financial aid?Yes, I recieved it in another email right after.
riddy
Full Member
Just info.Was it a scholarship / financial aid package? Or just info on financial aid?
goodfellas4312
New Member
Has there been any movement in the groupme?
D
deleted931444
Hi there! I can confirm there have been a few people reporting getting off of the WL in the past few days, as reported on our groupme.Has there been any movement in the groupme?
love_2_run
Full Member
There has been a lot of movement on the GroupMe
longhorn2022
Full Member
There has been a lot of movement on the GroupMe
can you define a lot if possible? 6-7 ppl?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lavenderhazy
Full Member
if i counted correctly, 13 people have joined the groupme in the last week. about 4 or so have leftcan you define a lot if possible? 6-7 ppl?
longhorn2022
Full Member
if i counted correctly, 13 people have joined the groupme in the last week. about 4 or so have left
agh that’s so painful
longhorn2022
Full Member
has there been any movement this week? from scouring sdn it seems there hasn’t been : /
booksnmedicine
Full Member
in terms of movement in GroupMe it has been low if none at all these past few days
Last edited:
longhorn2022
Full Member
are we assuming WL mvmt is done?