2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is done. My secret identity has now been revealed to the world.
Are they in shock about your Clark Kent disguise?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to pay something? I paid money for a DO program but can’t find any information about UTMB.

Do we need to pay something? I paid money for a DO program but can’t find any information about UTMB.
Hey! UTMB does not require a deposit to accept the seat. EDIT: I am accepted student, got all the to do emails, and no deposit has been asked for since match day. Also, in the student portal (the one you did your secondary in), under Admissions Decision, there is a deposit tab and if you click, it reads "No deposit required at this time"

Does anyone know if a letter of intent will carry any weight with the admissions committee in terms of getting off the waitlist?

Does anyone know if a letter of intent will carry any weight with the admissions committee in terms of getting off the waitlist?
Not sure of the exact weight it can carry, but I personally don't think it can do any harm. UTMB was my top choice and I sent a letter right after my interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember the scholarship opportunities here that were mentioned at orientation? If anyone has the link to those that would be appreciated, I cant seem to find it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember the scholarship opportunities here that were mentioned at orientation? If anyone has the link to those that would be appreciated, I cant seem to find it.
I didnt match here but iirc they said they will eventually send a link to yall during the tour

Did you take the Kira Talent assessment?

Make sure you full out our Recorded Video Interview survey! We want your feedback!

Folks who have committed to UTMB already, do you mind PMing me? I've been trying to catch y'all on Groupme but it's a slowwww process lol.

Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....

Out of curiosity, does UTMB send any actual mail to our places of residence? Like a welcome package, letter etc....
At the Spring Peek they gave us envelopes with a hard stock copy our acceptance letter and a little personalized note that was written to each one of us by an admissions member, but I doubt anything will be sent to our home addresses.

At the Spring Peek they gave us envelopes with a hard stock copy our acceptance letter and a little personalized note that was written to each one of us by an admissions member, but I doubt anything will be sent to our home addresses.
I just checked my bag because I thought I missed it…. But I didn’t have a copy of my acceptance letter in there or a personalized note 😂

I just checked my bag because I thought I missed it…. But I didn’t have a copy of my acceptance letter in there or a personalized note 😂
It was in the envelope they gave us when we checked in at Spring Peek. But no worries I mean the letter is the same thing that's in the AMP portal lol and my "personalized note" was just "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!" signed by someone from admissions. Others got a little more than congrats on their notecards depending on who wrote them :rofl:

• Haha
Can any MS1 or anyone that knows kind of explain a "week in the life" of an MS1? What are the daily schedules and times you need to be on campus? Does it change from week to week or is it pretty stable? I am curious about what the scheduling will be like. If there is a concrete schedule already out that would be amazing but I havent come across anything like that.

Can any MS1 or anyone that knows kind of explain a "week in the life" of an MS1? What are the daily schedules and times you need to be on campus? Does it change from week to week or is it pretty stable? I am curious about what the scheduling will be like. If there is a concrete schedule already out that would be amazing but I havent come across anything like that.
Join the GroupMe, I posted some typical schedules from MS1! Yes, this doxxes me but everyone already knows who I am anyways 🥲

Join the GroupMe, I posted some typical schedules from MS1! Yes, this doxxes me but everyone already knows who I am anyways 🥲
They are all your juniors and need to look up to you when they start school!

It was an email. Noon time. Hoping the best for you all on the waitlist!
Just curious, but did you receive Financial/scholarship info in the acceptance email. Was wondering (not just for UTMB) if WL --> A ppl would receive that info immediately

Just curious, but did you receive Financial/scholarship info in the acceptance email. Was wondering (not just for UTMB) if WL --> A ppl would receive that info immediately
Yes, I recieved it in another email right after.