You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Waitlist Support and Manifestation Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
curlydoctor
Full Member
no iYa I want to be accepted now pls😭. If you guys are also just on a bunch of waitlists with no acceptances have you fully written your new personal statement? I keep procrastinating that bc im in denial
also 2nd time applicant and same the thought of reapplying makes me SICKhaven’t rewritten, looked at it or touched it one bit- 2nd time reapplicant though
If we got multiple interviews (but turned to waitlists) do we need to rewrite all of the personal statement and activities section? Or would small tweaks be acceptable?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just venting but I can't help but feel so heartbroken like I'm so close but still not quite there 🙁 I'm happy for everyone getting off the WL but so sad for myself lol (2 WL). hang in there everyone
I’m giving myself today and tomorrow and then locking in starting this weekend 🥲I tried to start my 2025/2026 app and just felt so numb and exhausted over this last cycle that I couldn't make myself... yet.
Hopefully, none of us will have to do too much because we get "The Call" soon. 🤗🙏I’m giving myself today and tomorrow and then locking in starting this weekend 🥲
Had 3 interviews two years ago that were all WLs, made small tweaks next year and did not get any interviews from those programs. Made more major adjustments this year and received 2/3 this year. Will be redoing entire application if I reapply. You still have to show schools you are changing as an applicant and not just banging your head against a brick wall hoping for changes (as someone who spent 2-3 cycles banging their head against the wall).If we got multiple interviews (but turned to waitlists) do we need to rewrite all of the personal statement and activities section? Or would small tweaks be acceptable?
Maybe I should apply to law school instead. It's hella easier and after 3 years I can already help people harmed by bad doctors and other health care providers. That's where my mind goes right now every time I think about reapplying. Just the thought of inputting all the course data stuff again in AMCAS just about makes my eyes bleed.
Good news about this, I checked earlier and everything from last cycle repopulates so you basically have to just go through and make sure it’s correct still. I was worried about the same thing 😭Maybe I should apply to law school instead. It's hella easier and after 3 years I can already help people harmed by bad doctors and other health care providers. That's where my mind goes right now every time I think about reapplying. Just the thought of inputting all the course data stuff again in AMCAS just about makes my eyes bleed.
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Today feels like the day …[emoji[emoji637][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]][emoji640]][emoji[emoji637][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]][emoji640]][emoji[emoji637][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]][emoji640]]
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
this waitlist got me jumping to check every notification that shows up on my phone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's feeling like most of the WL movement I'm seeing is people who interviewed and were waitlisted later in the cycle (ie February on). Really hoping there might be hope for my girl who is on 2 waitlists from the Fall and 1 from January 🙏
Truly so happy to see all the people who are getting off the WLs now (and some with great aid!!!), just hoping there might be a space for my girl.
Truly so happy to see all the people who are getting off the WLs now (and some with great aid!!!), just hoping there might be a space for my girl.
D
deleted1212093
I just want to say I appreciate you for being such a supportive parent! I really hope your daughter gets off the WLs soon 🙂It's feeling like most of the WL movement I'm seeing is people who interviewed and were waitlisted later in the cycle (ie February on). Really hoping there might be hope for my girl who is on 2 waitlists from the Fall and 1 from January 🙏
Truly so happy to see all the people who are getting off the WLs now (and some with great aid!!!), just hoping there might be a space for my girl.
BeFortunate
Full Member
Thanks for the update. Have the rec letters also been repopulated, or do we need to get the new ones again?Good news about this, I checked earlier and everything from last cycle repopulates so you basically have to just go through and make sure it’s correct still. I was worried about the same thing 😭
curlydoctor
Full Member
new ones 🙁Thanks for the update. Have the rec letters also been repopulated, or do we need to get the new ones again?
No, if anything they’ll just say congrats on the A, hope to see your residency application in 4 years.Hey everyone- I'm in the Waitlist area right now (at one of my top choices). Now - I received my first A (i'm over the moon) but i have 10 days to accept/etc. Should I reach out to the WL school? seems like the offer is exploding.
Also accepting the A doesn’t mean withdrawing from other waitlists unless that is explicitly stated by the school (at least not until CTE).
neuropremed123456789
Full Member
seeing ur top choice take people off is hardddddd but hopefully im in the second wave!
Me and you both brother, just saw you in the VCU thread too 🥲seeing ur top choice take people off is hardddddd but hopefully im in the second wave!
neuropremed123456789
Full Member
]]\
we got thisssMe and you both brother, just saw you in the VCU thread too 🥲
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
I agree, but think it could be due to a number of factors. Such as applicants interviewed earlier may just be generally better applicants, meaning they got acceptances elsewhere and withdrew their WL. Or those who were waitlisted earlier were also let off the waitlist earlier, like a couple weeks ago, because they were at the top of the WL.It's feeling like most of the WL movement I'm seeing is people who interviewed and were waitlisted later in the cycle (ie February on). Really hoping there might be hope for my girl who is on 2 waitlists from the Fall and 1 from January 🙏
Truly so happy to see all the people who are getting off the WLs now (and some with great aid!!!), just hoping there might be a space for my girl.
Neither are true for my girl...but sure hoping she gets of 1 of 3 WL in the next round🙏I agree, but think it could be due to a number of factors. Such as applicants interviewed earlier may just be generally better applicants, meaning they got acceptances elsewhere and withdrew their WL. Or those who were waitlisted earlier were also let off the waitlist earlier, like a couple weeks ago, because they were at the top of the WL.
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
Sending good juju her way!Neither are true for my girl...but sure hoping she gets of 1 of 3 WL in the next round🙏
The_Happy_Moose
Full Member
Sending good vibes to all for the week ahead! Fingers crossed! 😎
curlydoctor
Full Member
this will be the week yall! fingers are crossed super hard for everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IrishGiants
Full Member
Hoping so! Everybody positive mindsetthis will be the week yall! fingers are crossed super hard for everyone
Lightningbolt1
Full Member
they dont call us WL warriors for no reason, good luck everyone. Lets clutch up.
Good luck!
GL everyone. Waitlist warriors!
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
Good luck to all of us! Just hoping for any news for myself!
lysozome12
Full Member
good luck everyone!! trying to stay optimistic. hopefully we have a good week ahead.
BeFortunate
Full Member
GIVE IT UP FOR DAY 5 (or week day number 3). Gif unrelated.
I feel like there has been little to no movement at soooooo many schools 🙁 . Very discouraging compared to previous years
I wonder if this is just because of the timing with the weekend hitting this year and possibly since so many schools claiming that use unranked lists so people have to meet again? There was a rumor going around that actual # of applicants went down but everyone applied to tons more places too.I feel like there has been little to no movement at soooooo many schools 🙁 . Very discouraging compared to previous years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bleepbloop123
Full Member
Manifesting that this is our week! I am so excited to get off of a waitlist (or several that would be nice too)!✨🙏💗
when does most movement happen [emoji24] got a email from the school in WL at that they haven’t taken anyone off yet and the class is full ahh
soontobemed_
Full Member
Just found this thread. Also on a few waitlists and hoping for some major movement soon so I can have a grip on what the future looks like. Manifesting acceptance soon. 🙏🏽
dino_nuggets
Full Member
Got accepted off the waitlist this weekend! Good luck everyone!