2025-2026 Boston University

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are we expected to fill out BU's optional section with a 'why BU essay' or something else, or should we leave it blank? it requires you to check a box if you want to fill it out, and it just says "I wish to include the following additional information with my Supplemental Application." don't want to put myself at a disadvantage for not filling it out, but im not sure what i would say
 
are we expected to fill out BU's optional section with a 'why BU essay' or something else, or should we leave it blank? it requires you to check a box if you want to fill it out, and it just says "I wish to include the following additional information with my Supplemental Application." don't want to put myself at a disadvantage for not filling it out, but im not sure what i would say
I have moved your question to the school-specific thread for Boston.

It says that most applicants leave it blank. #3 also is already a why BU prompt
 
are we expected to fill out BU's optional section with a 'why BU essay' or something else, or should we leave it blank? it requires you to check a box if you want to fill it out, and it just says "I wish to include the following additional information with my Supplemental Application." don't want to put myself at a disadvantage for not filling it out, but im not sure what i would say
If you have something that isn't addressed anywhere else in your application that you want the admissions committee to know when reviewing your application then include it there. Otherwise leave it blank.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II this morning! complete 7/21ish. same ab the student info session, but i'm sure that will open up soon. so so stoked this is a dream!
 
There is conflicting information about the Student session. The email says that it is mandatory, while the website says that it is "strongly encouraged". So either way we should go to it I guess.

Either way, for some reason I can't book a session with the dean and I am guessing it is because I didn't choose a student session? Plus I would MUCH rather learn from students about the school than a dean
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are you able to submit the secondary before they process your letters? ive never had this issue with any of my other secondaries and i usually submit the letters after i submit them, but bu isn't letting me hit submit with the LOR requirement not fulfulled
 
are you able to submit the secondary before they process your letters? ive never had this issue with any of my other secondaries and i usually submit the letters after i submit them, but bu isn't letting me hit submit with the LOR requirement not fulfulled
I don't think so cause I had the same problem. Had to wait until my letters were processed to hit submit.
 
+1 OOS II on 8/21, submitted secondary on 7/15 with a WARS of 75
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been reading up on BU after receiving an II, and I've been seeing that a large proportion of matriculants have previous ties to BU through various programs/attending undergrad there. I have no ties to BU whatsoever, and was wondering if my chances at an A are somewhat reduced due to this fact. Any insights?
 
I've been reading up on BU after receiving an II, and I've been seeing that a large proportion of matriculants have previous ties to BU through various programs/attending undergrad there. I have no ties to BU whatsoever, and was wondering if my chances at an A are somewhat reduced due to this fact. Any insights?
You're fine. I know tons who never even stepped foot in Boston. Stop giving your brain reasons to stress. There is nothing you can do
 
I've been reading up on BU after receiving an II, and I've been seeing that a large proportion of matriculants have previous ties to BU through various programs/attending undergrad there. I have no ties to BU whatsoever, and was wondering if my chances at an A are somewhat reduced due to this fact. Any insights?
They gave you an interview invite lol. Clearly they are interested in you!
 
Does anyone know what the dean session will be like or what to expect? I'm assuming its a group thing and I plan to dress professionally but was wondering if I should have prepared questions and how formal of a presentation it is going to be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you have any advice on how to approach the educational history prompt by chance? My usual diversity essay has to do with reconciling my cultural identity through an arts experience, but I'm not sure if that fits here.
how did you end up approaching this? I would like to talk about a personal life experience that taught me something about important related to medicine, but i wouldn't say its really a formal part of my educational history??
 
how did you end up approaching this? I would like to talk about a personal life experience that taught me something about important related to medicine, but i wouldn't say its really a formal part of my educational history??
Your story could go in question #4, but does not sound like it fits in question 2.
Be sure to read and answer the prompts as asked
 
OOS R complete 7/28. Remind me not to discuss religion in my secondary essays if I end up reapplying. In hindsight it was cringy
 
Last edited:
OOS R complete 7/28. Remind me not to discuss religion in my secondary essays if I end up reapplying.
I'd be surprised if you were rejected because you talked about religion...I mean if that's ALL you talked about then yeah that would make sense. But mentioning it? Or talking about an impactful experience through a religious organization? It's probably the overall application that garnered your R
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad