You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
3.89 cGPA 3.91 sGPA 33 MCAT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I count 7 schools on your list where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. That's a little light for a CA applicant (even a good one).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you a CA applicant?I had very similar stats to you, and I got interviews at Georgetown and NYMC. Got accepted at NYMC. My suggestion is to add that one!
Here is a more reasonable list:
U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
UCI
UCD
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire.
Any DO program, starting with Western and Touro-CA
U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
UCI
UCD
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire.
Any DO program, starting with Western and Touro-CA
Were you a CA applicant?[/QUOTE
Last edited:
A lot of your targets are reaches and your reaches are galaxies away unless you're URM or have some crazy story.
Nice job.Yes I was!
Where did you get interviews?
Nice job.
Where did you get interviews?
Last edited:
Why were most of the reaches removed? I thought his stats were great, and he's really research heavy (which is what I thought the ivies liked?)Here is a more reasonable list:
U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
UCI
UCD
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire.
Any DO program, starting with Western and Touro-CA
The higher up the pole you want to climb, the the more slippery it gets. Everybody wants to go to UCSF.
The medians of the reach schools are 36+ and I think that it's more profitable to the OP to aim a little lower.
The medians of the reach schools are 36+ and I think that it's more profitable to the OP to aim a little lower.
Why were most of the reaches removed? I thought his stats were great, and he's really research heavy (which is what I thought the ivies liked?)
.
Last edited:
I got into UCSF!
As you should have with that love of research! Congrats!
Where else did you interview?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 730
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 701
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 921
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 617