A Lighthouse, A Man, A City...A BioShock WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
>>That doesn't mean I'm not going to respond to that one specific point in a post.

You literally said you were gonna vote me based on that

>> I can't tell if we're just using terminology differently, but to me "clear" means nearly absolutely clear. As in, seer'd, role/alignment known, etc. I didn't "clear" anybody.

You said you wouldnt expect Cyndia to put a wolf in her wolf reads , which is what I was referring to. I dont see why you wouldnt expect that of Cydia or anyone else

Btw Mr Cyndia doesnt bus , did you notice who she voted on D4?

Missed answering the second part.

Yes. I said I wouldn't "expect Cyndia to put a wolf in her wolf reads."

You then took that and said I was "clearing" people (at least, that's how I interpret what you said).

You are putting words in my mouth. Me saying what I did about Cyndia is not "clearing" anyone.

Altogether, you seem to be doing everything possible to stretch and twist my words, which is throwing shade, which is sketchy as all get-out.

Maybe you're just reactionary to me at this point and tunneling; I dunno. But it's sketchy enough that I'm comfortable with my vote.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
(1) I would expect Cyndia to probs not put an actual wolf on her wolf list. I don't recall her being a hard-busser like some jerk named LIS.

(2) I would expect her to "look closely" at another wolf, though, which makes me worry about Chaos. Less so Cray.

Might be time to vote Chaos to settle the question.

k

Reactions: 1 user
GOOD LUCK VILLAGE :biglove::biglove:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Missed answering the second part.

Yes. I said I wouldn't "expect Cyndia to put a wolf in her wolf reads."

You then took that and said I was "clearing" people (at least, that's how I interpret what you said).

You are putting words in my mouth. Me saying what I did about Cyndia is not "clearing" anyone.

Altogether, you seem to be doing everything possible to stretch and twist my words, which is throwing shade, which is sketchy as all get-out.

Maybe you're just reactionary to me at this point and tunneling; I dunno. But it's sketchy enough that I'm comfortable with my vote.

I dunno , if someone said "I dont expect these people to be wolf" , I tend to interpret that as "I think these people are town". which is what I referred to when I said you were clearing them , which is a bad conclusion to derive from Cyndia's readlist.

Wdym , "throwing shade"

I realize you backed off later but why was mayo in your pack reads?
he voted Zenge, and has been on Cynd before today.
Do you really think he bussed his pack mates that hard? Or are you a wolf who just didn’t bother to update your reads before coming on?

my theory of wolf in each group is ringing true and Lawpy you look wayyyyy more sus then shorty.
The Cyndias stuff removed him from POE. Before then, mayos bussing zenges is a possibility

I think you're pushing that theory a bit too hard.

I dunno , if someone said "I dont expect these people to be wolf" , I tend to interpret that as "I think these people are town". which is what I referred to when I said you were clearing them , which is a bad conclusion to derive from Cyndia's readlist.

Wdym , "throwing shade"

Well, for the record, when I say "I think these people are town" that is not equivalent to me saying "I am clearing these people."

I use those terms VERY differently. Clearing is as close to 100% as you can get. "Thinking" someone is town is me saying "in the grand scheme of things I lean town on that person."

@samac pushing Lawpy makes no sense, you need a stronger POE

@Chaostrodon pushing LIS makes no sense, you need a stronger POE

Yeet Trilt

for now

This was sketchy before Dina died and even more sketchy after she died
CB148307-18EE-4424-8758-56ADB5703A76.gif

1D2351C7-3811-483E-90AB-A6F9E646572D.gif

A5D7085F-46B0-4CDD-B131-C559D634C35F.gif

• Hmm
Well, for the record, when I say "I think these people are town" that is not equivalent to me saying "I am clearing these people."

I use those terms VERY differently. Clearing is as close to 100% as you can get. "Thinking" someone is town is me saying "in the grand scheme of things I lean town on that person."

Townreading (thinking someone is town) is very different from townleaning (thinking someone is a bit more likely to be town than wolf) .

The sketchier part of the post is that you concluded I deserved a vote because I didnt make her scumlist and that Cyndia doesnt bus(clearly false) . I dont see how thats a valid argument in any way

Members don't see this ad :)
@samac pushing Lawpy makes no sense, you need a stronger POE

@Chaostrodon pushing LIS makes no sense, you need a stronger POE

Yeet Trilt

for now

Do you think LIS argument for me made sense? That Im scummy because Cyndia said she was looking at me or whatever in someone's PMs

Or that he townreads the people she had in her readlist because she is not a hard-busser. when she literally bussed the day before? Sounds pretty manufactured to me

Btw , I think Trilt is town

I got the audio diary this morning - the quote on mine is literally one from the game, with just a small mod addition. It is from Suchong, and discusses sending little sisters out to harvest ADAM, but that they need protectors. (While on that small rabbit hole, let me just share this absolutely chilling audio diary I'd forgotten was in the game. Blegh).

I'm off today, and re-reading because I've now either lynched or migrated neutral everyone on my wolf leans, lol, and have to re-evaluate.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Do you think LIS argument for me made sense? That Im scummy because Cyndia said she was looking at me or whatever in someone's PMs

Or that he townreads the people she had in her readlist because she is not a hard-busser. when she literally bussed the day before? Sounds pretty manufactured to me

You're doing it again. You're trying to frame my vote as ENTIRELY based around that one statement, when I've said clearly it's not.

Your insistence on that is sketchy in and of itself.

I don't agree with any argument against you because I've said you were very for several days now.

Maybe, but that literally has no impact on my POE if so. Even samac would have been a very soft and understandable bus given kata's behavior. Just the same, alley was almost a required bus.

I don't agree with any argument against you because I've said you were very for several days now.

Maybe, but that literally has no impact on my POE if so. Even samac would have been a very soft and understandable bus given kata's behavior. Just the same, alley was almost a required bus.

Was the alleys bus = regular bus? Or panicked bus?

Was the alleys bus = regular bus? Or panicked bus?
Regular bus. They had the full cycle to realize and plan the ramifications of accidentally essentially self-seering a packmate and needing to bus them out of the game.

You mentioned earlier about regular bus being less dangerous to playstyles vs panic bus and deepwolfing. What does panic bus mean?
Panic bus is when a partner starts getting too much attention so a weaker or more jumpy wolf jumps on the second they think any more villagers might pushing them into a viable zone. Usually it occurs without checking to see if said partner can talk themselves out of it.

Im not asking if you agree , Im asking if it makes sense to you.

Do you think town would infer what he claims to have inferred from that info available? I dont think so

Panic bus is when a partner starts getting too much attention so a weaker or more jumpy wolf jumps on the second they think any more villagers might pushing them into a viable zone. Usually it occurs without checking to see if said partner can talk themselves out of it.

:unsure:

In a game that isn't mechanically outing, is a wolf voting early for a packmate = panic bussing/deepwolfing attempt?

Im not asking if you agree , Im asking if it makes sense to you.
It makes sense from a perspective where he's worried why you keep tunneling on him, I suppose. Wolves are likely in a tight box so have to fight consensus POE if they want to have any chance at winning.
Do you think town would infer what he claims to have inferred from that info available? I dont think so
Yes. I've seen many make claims like that as villagers. One of my favorite memories is a villager hard defending a wolf (and voting on counters) that was on the board for the last few cycles because they didn't think the wolf would be busy as a wolf.

Dina if you happen to get up please seer me so we can put an end to this.
Wow, this post showing up early this morning and then Dina being dead really doesn't make me feel very good.

I went back to GGoats to see how samac wolfed, because I recalled that I originally had her as a wolf read in that game and then changed her to a village lean before the end. There are a couple things worth noting, so here's a tl;dr:
1.) Samac sets herself up for potential bussing down the road by throwing sus at her packmates early on. She was doing so on D2 of GGoats with AM and it persisted through the game.
2.) wolf!samac very confidently calls people wolves. I only noted that once so far in this game, when she started going after Lawpy, but I knew I remembered that happening in GGoats.
3.) wolf!samac really plays up the emotional aspect of wolf hunting too, which is why the "omg! We got a wolf! I'm not a wolf! I'm such a happy villager! I'm so totally not a wolf omgosh you guys we got one!" thing feels really exaggerated and a little disingenuous to me. In the GGoats game, she did it by playing up feeling bad after a particular misyeet, and I'll admit that it worked. In dead chat, we all started feeling bad for her and I actually had revised my read of her based on it. So I'm disinclined to believe it this time.

I quoted the vote because it was sketchy as hell to move last minute like that to someone with no votes. It could be in an effort to be off the bandwagon later.
But the little I’ve played with AM and what I’ve toted i can buy that explanation. She definitely thinks she is the universe’s gift to village. She’s between neutral and wolf leans for me right now. I’m sure she’ll give me plenty more content over the next 6 pages.
Samac is a busser, and samac sets up her busses VERY early. This was early in the GGoats game (D2) and she was already bussing a packmate, not to the point of putting a vote on her, but throwing suspicion her way.
So here’s the thing. In the same comment you explain why her claims don’t make sense, it was a claim you had used and knew you made up in another game and claim self preservation. It doesn’t really make sense to me and I can’t follow that logic. Wolf leans to you. I’m sure you’ll also give me plenty of content over the next 6 pages
And doubling down on it.

I quoted this to show how different what you said I was doing and what I say you and AM are doing is.
You’re extra fluffy.
and it’s not just your extra words.
You’re a wolf.
Another thing that wolf!samac did was very confidently call people wolves. She did this to Zenge in GGoats (quotes above) and she's doing it here.

What. The. Actual. ****.
**** guys. I need to rethink everything.
see you all in the morning, goodnight.
So I’m looking hard into the votes on Zenge with me. I feel terrible about starting that train and how badly I ****ed up. There’s no way a wolf didn’t see the opportunity to use my dumb a$$
Because of that I started with genny. The hard thing with this is the player switch and the play style change. Sunshine I waffled on, and then once I decided I was pretty sure Zenge was the wolf I was taking Genny joining me as confirmation I was right.
So I guess the thing here is
Genny quickly jumped on the Zenge train. Sunshine was also on that train saying she felt strongly about Zenge. What if genny just continued a plan to take him down from wolf chat?
That continuity that I originally took as confirmation I was right could have actually been a wolf pushing me further down that road.
And then this was after the villager she was pushing hard got misyeeted. I'll be honest, these quotes made me feel a little bad for her and made me revise my read on her, which is why I now don't trust that this whole "Yay! We got a wolf! Wow! Omg! I'm so totally not a wolf!" thing is legit.

Interestingly GIF day seems to be the most active Cyndia was.
Overall her posts have lacked any depth and they're very surface reads. I liked her clearing mkg, but mkg was dead the next day so that would be an easy way to gain village cred. I don't know her that well, but she was on the alley vote - is she a busser?. She could have saved her packmate by switching to cray or Kata which seems like weird strategy to keep the 3 way tie, but wolves had to have let that tie happen and if they were smart they would have spread out across all 3. I could see her being wolf-y.
Knowing how early samac started bussing in GGoats, I'm making note of her earliest Cyndia read. I'm not saying that it definitively is bussing, but I'm not giving samac any village credit for it either.

Then there's a collection of posts that feel to me like the "omg I'm absolutely positively deffo not a wolf" that I mentioned before. When it happens once or twice, okay, it might just be a comment here and there. But when there are a ton of them, it gives me a weird vibe.
I'm playing differently than my last game? Because I was a wolf.
You even wolved with me and I'd think you'd know better with how much actual effort I've put into trying to wolf hunt.
I noted when I started I was going to look into the kata tunnelers because I now know she's village. I realize my word isn't worth much on that given I'm in the role, but it allowed me to look back at who was going after the easy misyeet.
You have also been my wolf partner and hoped you'd know better.
I'm telling you all, I'm not a wolf this game. My wolf play plans out every word I say.
I’m not afraid to bus at a point of no return. I’ll give you that. but if I was a wolf I would have fallen on my own sword and told Cyndia to come after me with all the sus that’s been on me/kata for her to get village cred because she’d be able to defend herself the next day.
Actually, we know from GGoats that samac isn't afraid to start setting up for a bus extremely early in the game in case it's needed.

Then there was this weird moment where she was freaking out and acting like she was getting yeeted when she had 3 votes at the time, compared to a leading wagon of 8 and another one of 5. I called it out last night and I still think it's weird today.
Ya know, fair rebuttal. but 3 minutes to yeet and teetering on the chopping block it's all I can say at this point and say I hope they look at my reads list when I'm gone
You're like not even close to being the leading wagon. I don't really understand what you're freaking out about tbh.

Then we go back to this exaggerated "omg so happy we got a wolf guys omg"
I’m so ****ing happy

ANY MY THEORY OF ONE WOLF IN EACH GROUPING STANDS HOLY ****
Now I can’t sleep I’m pumpppppppped
*points at fort frolic*
I’m interested in Lawpy. Has anyone with more patience than me ISO’d him?
Also, I don't like that she's stayed fixated on this idea that each group has 1 wolf in it when multiple vets have told her that that's never been the case in any other game with groups. Sure, it might be holding true at the moment in this game, but that doesn't mean it will continue to and I don't think it's a good way to narrow the POE. It seems like a distraction more than anything else.

Also, the gif restriction on her today means nothing to me. Cyndia was gif restricted too. So either the wolves are using it on themselves to try and clear them, or it's not a wolf ability.

:unsure:

In a game that isn't mechanically outing, is a wolf voting early for a packmate = panic bussing/deepwolfing attempt?
Panic wolfing if they didn't think about it beforehand. Deepwolfing if it's planned or, even worse, started by the deep wolves for insane cred (that expires the second you're revealed as a deep wolf). They often go hand in hand for new bussers though. Like the recent Vis game.

Panic wolfing if they didn't think about it beforehand. Deepwolfing if it's planned or, even worse, started by the deep wolves for insane cred (that expires the second you're revealed as a deep wolf). They often go hand in hand for new bussers though. Like the recent Vis game.

But why is panic wolfing dangerous for the playstyles?

She was being wolf read for a while. At some point she was technically going to get bussed.

Not even just wolf-read. There were at least a few of us that would have voted her just because she was quiet and we don't want to lose to that.

So yeah. She was going to get lynched one way or another. Might as well get some bus mileage.

Basically; I agree.

But why is panic wolfing dangerous for the playstyles?
Because it's a reoccurring thing, said player can no longer say "Wouldn't it be premature to bus there?" or "I'd give xyz a chance to defend with putting the nail in the grave as a wolf." because both could be false given their playstyle especially if it seems out of left field with how they started the day.

Not even just wolf-read. There were at least a few of us that would have voted her just because she was quiet and we don't want to lose to that.

So yeah. She was going to get lynched one way or another. Might as well get some bus mileage.

Basically; I agree.
Her, kata, and alley made a lot of people's lists and stayed on those lists.

It makes sense from a perspective where he's worried why you keep tunneling on him, I suppose. Wolves are likely in a tight box so have to fight consensus POE if they want to have any chance at winning.

Yes. I've seen many make claims like that as villagers. One of my favorite memories is a villager hard defending a wolf (and voting on counters) that was on the board for the last few cycles because they didn't think the wolf would be busy as a wolf.

His reason for me being scummy was not that I was tunneling him , He thinks Im scummy bc Cyndia didnt wolfread me in PMs. Do you think its reasonable to infer that ? Do you think town!LIS would genuinely think Cyndia saying she was keeping an eye on me is AI?

Do you think town!LIS would townread/townlean the people in her wolf reads list coz she is not a "hard busser" when she literally bussed the day before?

Because it's a reoccurring thing, said player can no longer say "Wouldn't it be premature to bus there?" or "I'd give xyz a chance to defend with putting the nail in the grave as a wolf." because both could be false given their playstyle especially if it seems out of left field with how they started the day.

Do you think Cyndias voting for alleys is a regular bus?

His reason for me being scummy was not that I was tunneling him , He thinks Im scummy bc Cyndia didnt wolfread me in PMs. Do you think its reasonable to infer that ? Do you think town!LIS would genuinely think Cyndia saying she was keeping an eye on me is AI?
I do. Without believing the derpclear, things are a lot more ambiguous regarding late voting. I think it might help things going forward if you vote a bit earlier to eliminate concerning of bussing.
Do you think town!LIS would townread/townlean the people in her wolf reads list coz she is not a "hard busser" when she literally bussed the day before?
Yes, because that wasn't a hard bus. It was such a soft bus that voting any villager over alley would have been powerwolfing.

I don't actually know if Cyndia hardbusses because I haven't examined her playstyle closely enough yet, but if LIS believes it, I can see why he'd ignore sections of her reads.

Does the Cyndias wagon consist of regular bussers even among the early voters?
I have no idea. I just know I can't clear anyone except for mayo because literally every other cycle but D5 has zero votes for Cyndia outside of three core players (one of which has been long dead).