I'm having trouble deciding when to make the move up to Manhattan. My lease here is up end of May, so it would be nice to move beginning of June, but then I'll be gone on vacation almost the entire month of June, and I'd rather not pay rent at a place that I'm not living at. Plus it would mean dealing with moving on/around my birthday (June 4th), and I wouldn't have time to really get settled before leaving on vacation. My parents have offered to let me stay with them for a bit over the summer, so I don't HAVE to move straight from one apartment to the other, although I would have to get a storage unit for most of my stuff. (Almost all of my furniture originally came from my parents, but then my grandma moved in with them, so now with her furniture there my stuff wouldn't fit 😛) So moving beginning of July after I get back and family 4th of July stuff is over would be ideal, I'll just have to find someplace that has openings then. Unfortunately with college towns it seems like most leases start August 1st. If I can't move until then I'll be fine, but I would like to have more time to get used to the town before orientation starts August 15th. Mainly I need to decide on an apartment first and find out when they have openings. I've found a couple that look promising, but it will depend on my impressions when I visit in April. IDK, this is the farthest I'll have ever moved so I'm just being nervous and twitchy about it (but also excited!). 🙄 My last couple moves were less than a block, so I've been spoiled!