This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAC100

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time posting here but I've been reading this site for some time now.

I am currently applying to SMPs and Postbaccs for Fall 2020 and I am not sure at all which programs are the best fit for me.

Ultimately, I'd like to join an SMP/Postbacc with a linkage to their DO/MD school, but Im still not sure what work best for me. As ive read that there are some amazing programs that dont have a linkage but good success rates.

I currently have a 2.91 GPA-cumulative and 2.9 GPA-science. I took the MCAT once and got a 500(124,124,125,127). I am studying full time to retake my mcat in June so that will improve dramatically. Not sure if it helps but I graduated from a top 80 university.

I think my ECs are good. I've worked 2 years as a Medical Scribe and 1 year as a Life Sciences Recruiter(recruiting doctors and Ph.ds for companies). In college I was a Teachers Assistant for Psychology Statistics (PYSC 243). I volunteered with the Red Cross Club and was Treasurer of 1 club and vice president of another.

So far Im applying to TouroCOM's MS program that has a linkage to their Medical School. But I am drawing blanks on what programs would suit me really well since they vary so much from programs like Touro to Georgetown SMP. I know I could apply to a lot of programs but I cant afford to send out like 15 applications.

Does anyone know what programs would be best for my situation?

I would be extremely appreciative of your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.