This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

longlive001

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Disclaimer: I know a ton of these exist and I truly apologize. I've read so many but I'm still stuck.

I am a recent graduate and I completed my undergrad Biology degree with a cumGPA of 2.75 and a sGPA of 2.7. Clearly my GPA is awful and I attribute it to laziness along with culture shock. I breezed through all of school abroad with As (I am an international student) then started college here and it hit really hard. Like any other college student I had other issues but I don't want to use them as a crutch.

Now I am trying to decide what is the best path to follow. I took the GRE and got a 156 Q and 154V and 4.5A.
I would be throwing away money if I applied to Dental Schools now which is why I took it. I was wondering: would it be best to apply to a Biology Masters program (Thesis or Non-thesis) or the Special Masters (like Drexel, Tulane, PCOM) that are particularly for students pursuing professional degrees afterward?

I am also currently retaking Biochem at a different institution as I got a C- in the course.
Would you also advise that I retake any prerequisite classes I got less than a C+ in concurrently with my Masters program or should I disregard them and focus on acing the Masters?
 
Do the Special Masters Program and kick ass in it. Nothing less than 1 B for every 2-3 A's. Do not retake anything unless you have A LOT of C's in your Pre-Reqs.