This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Actin11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. Take a deep breath.

2. You are in your second term. You still have a long way to go accumulate A's.

3. Don't get caught in the common premed mind-trap of believing that a single B means you can never be a doctor. A 3.4 is not the end of the world.

4. Take a deep breath.

Nothing is wrong with you. Make sure there's nothing else that contributed to your dip academically and try your best to resolve any emotional issues before taking on any heavy courseload. At the end of the day, we're all human and will make mistakes, so learn to be forgiving of yourself. Ultimately though, one semester of 3.25 GPA is not going to break your application nor will it close the door to any medical school. Best of luck.

I studied my heart out for these, and still came up short... I won't get another chance to do well on next midterm for at least 3 more weeks. What can I do until then?
There's not much you can do except work ahead, study harder, go to office hours, use study groups if you find them helpful, reread, review class notes often, etc. A 3.4 after your second semester is not a sufficient reason to "drop pre med." You're only a freshman! Decisions about the future should also be made with a clear head, so it's imperative that you resolve - and seek help for - your emotional issues.

Transferring may ultimately be the best option. However, it will not in and of itself improve your grades/happiness. Beware of the grass-is-always-greener mentality.