All I Want for Christmas is......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought I would start a thread to see what (hopefully vet med related items) you want for Christmas, Channukah, Kwanzaa, Agnostics gift giving day, whatever....

I will start us off...

Wishing I can actually return to school healthy! (I know... I am lame).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not vet related at all, but...
41HXHC4MPDL._SS400_.jpg
21QPVD8QM9L._SS360_.jpg


I had a dream a couple days ago about having a nice, matched kitchen with pots that actually had fitting lids and a decent chef's knife. Oh student life. ;-;
 
Last year, all I asked for Christmas was an interview to WSU. When I got off the plane from Christmas vacation (I Miss you Harry Potter Land!!), I had an e-mail waiting from them. Perhaps I should have asked for an interview AND and acceptance since they waitlisted me, lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All I want for Christmas is...

A garage door opener with a working light
A living room rug that the idiot cat won't pee on
Some more new bras and jeans in my new size, or
A free pass back down to the size I was 8 months ago
A bathroom remodel
A set of fancy Prismacolor colored pencils
Crazy socks
My damn vet med hoodie I ordered a month ago
Longer hair
Free manicures for a year

But I'd trade it all for a couple of 'A's...
 
Is it odd to ask for a diaphragmatic hernia repair for me to scrub in on at work? That would make my December!
 
All I want for Christmas is...

A garage door opener with a working light
A living room rug that the idiot cat won't pee on
Some more new bras and jeans in my new size, or
A free pass back down to the size I was 8 months ago
A bathroom remodel
A set of fancy Prismacolor colored pencils
Crazy socks
My damn vet med hoodie I ordered a month ago
Longer hair
Free manicures for a year

But I'd trade it all for a couple of 'A's...

what hoodies havent come in yet?
 
Well, every year for the past twenty years I have asked for a horse, and have never got one, so.....yep, I still want one this year 🙂

Haha, I asked my parents for some sort of animal pretty much every year growing up, and I definately still want a horse
 
All I want for Christmas is a Money Tree in my backyard to pay off all my student debt before I start vet school. And then I want it to bloom again so it will pay for vet school. 😀
 
For the weather in CA to be decent when I go back for Christmas. It poured the entire time last year. I got to bail water out of my backyard. Would've rather been shoveling snow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
World peace. My whole family to be together and peaceful for just one day.:xf: And if I'm feeling less honorable, several box DVD sets (Grey's Anatomy, IT Crowd, Big Bang Season 4, Boy Meets World Seasons 4-7 since I'll require some comfort when I get my first D...) and a voice recorder.

a winning lottery ticket
Me too. Not just a scratch-off either for a free ticket (cause I can't even win those!). Like, hit the jackpot or find a wealthy donor who will assume my debt (just undergrad even, I'll work til I die to get rid of the vet school ones!) kind of win.

Well, every year for the past twenty years I have asked for a horse, and have never got one, so.....yep, I still want one this year 🙂
👍 I would be happy if I got to be around horses or any animals (beside my own) for the Christmas/New Year.
 
Last edited:
I am with squirrelsrule. All I want for Christmas is to be accepted into the Ohio State class of 2016!
 
Best gift ever would be the boy's acceptance to grad school down here in NC so we can finish the long-distance thing this summer after three years. We find out about one of them in two weeks...
 
A passing NAVLE score and a job.

No, not much at all 😉
 
Money!
So I can put it in an account.
Even though I am like $60 000 in debt, I want to be able to travel. The only way I can do that is if I tuck money away somehow.
I was going to do that last year, but my laptop crapped out shortly after Christmas. Guess what my Christmas money went towards buying? 🙁
 
1. To feel healthy again.
2. Get into vet school.
3. Winning lottery would be nice, but I would easily trade it for the first two.

Okay, well I will just steal your list. 👍

Right now my parents are asking me what I want for Christmas. I haven't told them anything yet because what I really want no one can give 🙁
 
Money. No mincing words, no beating around the bush. I want cold, hard cash. While it isn't the most thoughtful gift, it certainly is more appreciated than pajamas and crock pots.

Unfortunately, I'm old, so the only person who buys me Christmas presents anymore is my husband, and cash isn't such a great gift when it comes from your own checking account.
 
Money. No mincing words, no beating around the bush. I want cold, hard cash. While it isn't the most thoughtful gift, it certainly is more appreciated than pajamas and crock pots.

Unfortunately, I'm old, so the only person who buys me Christmas presents anymore is my husband, and cash isn't such a great gift when it comes from your own checking account.

THIS. No one told me that getting married ruined gift giving forever!! When it comes out of your own account it's bascialy just having someone else go shopping for you.

Now that we separated our bank accounts - it's much more fun!!!!
 
THIS. No one told me that getting married ruined gift giving forever!! When it comes out of your own account it's bascialy just having someone else go shopping for you.

Now that we separated our bank accounts - it's much more fun!!!!

Our solution was allowances and part time jobs. We have a joint account for actually living out of, but each of us has our own mini account for fun spending and gift buying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Time to read the 20 non-vet school books that are in line to be read. Ugh...
 
1. To get in to vet school somewhere

2. A dog. It doesn't have to be a puppy, but after 11 years working in shelters I need a walking buddy!! My kitties and bunnies are great, but you really can't go hiking with them.

3. Snow to ski in and re-learn how to snowboard
 
Time to read the 20 non-vet school books that are in line to be read. Ugh...

Totally relate on this one. I waited a long time to go to the library and since I have, I never want to stop reading again. Please don't make me crack that anatomy textbook rather than a book by David Bekoff or a good memoir (or a young adult romance by my 3 favorite authors....)
 
- Some t.v. trays
- a cupcake holder stand
- an iPad stand
- to pass this semester :/
- a trip to Hogwarts