Mar 24, 2010
Status
Veterinarian
:cool: Like many waitlisters, I am on pins and needles wondering if anyone is declining IS Wisconsin SVM or, if anyone has ANY information on how fast/slow the waitlist moves, when the earliest anyone has heard of notifications,,,,etc. ANY information that may help me retain a sliver of sanity through this heart wrenching process.

A small plea to all those who applied to and accepted to multiple schools:

If you know, without any doubt, that you are going to decline a school, letting them know sooner than the 15th would be a godsend to us that are waiting.....and waiting....and waiting.....

and a hearty congrats to you!

DVMorBust

UW SVM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
WI
Status
Veterinary Student
Agreed! Let's not have a repeat of last year!

Sorry I have no news - I do know a lot of my classmates got in off the WL, but I also know a LOT of classmates applied IS to Wisconsin and it was the only school they applied to, so I think most of the folks off the WL were OOS.

Supremely un-helpful, I know.

Mar 24, 2010
Status
Veterinarian
Thanks for the reply and it does help. The waitlist letter said they took 3 off the IS list last year and someone else posted on SDN that they took 2 more because of withdrawal/deferment. I was hoping to find out WHEN they were notified even thought I will be thrilled if they call me in August (if my head hasn't already imploded!:laugh:). Just wondering, if you have any tips, things you wish you had known/been prepared for, before your first year? I am ever the optimist!:xf: