Any URM success with late AAMC primary app submission? (july,august, september)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Added schools to my verified app in mid and late Sept.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, submitted my primary in July, also added more schools in August and September that I received II and acceptances from

However, my advice is regardless pf how successful my cycle or others who submitted late may have been, you should try to submit early, I personally think some schools that rejected me may not have if I submitted earlier.

Submitted primary 2nd week of June. I thought I was going to retake the mcat in August, but ended up changing my mind at the end of July. Had 10 secondaries in by late August. The rest were don’t by Sept. 10th.

25schools applied. 22 secondaries completed. 8 interviews offered— my cars score was veryyy low (120). Only attended 2 interviews. 2 acceptances stuck between the two :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted primary 2nd week of June. I thought I was going to retake the mcat in August, but ended up changing my mind at the end of July. Had 10 secondaries in by late August. The rest were don’t by Sept. 10th.

25schools applied. 22 secondaries completed. 8 interviews offered— my cars score was veryyy low (120). Only attended 2 interviews. 2 acceptances stuck between the two :(
So you can submit a primary applications before taking the MCAT?

I submitted around September 23 and was completed at most place first week of October. I have had more than 10+ interviews and multiple acceptances.

ChelseaFC, mind if i PM you? let me link my current situation here: '
Hi Everyone! Grateful to find this thread! I was wondering if I can get any feedback on my current circumstances.
By now, I have applied once before and taken the MCAT once before(both done at a time when I was far from ready). Since then, I completed an SMP. My smp gpa was a 3.5(-/+grades all A- with a few A's and 3 B's). My ugpa was a 3.0 flat but after AMCAS input I believe it goes down to 2.8/2.9. I am a URM: female, mexican-american, first-generation.

I had full intention of taking the mcat july but had issues with my hand which delayed my mcat studying. I am now maybe about a week's worth of studying or slightly more for MCAT but looking to retake it this second time either 8/31 or 9/6. I wanted to inquire if this is too late. I can submit my primary early-mid-august latest (need to make some minor edits but it's mostly done). But, I wouldn't be complete until the release date which is either Oct 1 or Oct 8. I have not taken a full length yet but I did take one section for B/B ( didnt finish it yet) but got 38/43 questions correct this is pre-real studying.

The other thing is I have to work but my work is part-time and flexible where I can work 4 hours a day and rest devote to studying.

I really don't want to wait another year to apply. It's been a long journey and I've sacrificed so much up to this point. I don't want to be overly optimistic nor pessimistic either. I've seen threads write that urm status will help even if one is on the late side, especially if I do well on the MCAT. For reference, the first time I took it and was not ready I scored a flat 500.

As for the rest of my app, I have 2 second-author unique applications and a lot of clinical experience in different specialties after working.

In short: I'd be complete early-mid october. Is it worth the risk if I think I have a good chance of doign decently on MCAT this second time? I could pre-write secondaries all of september as well.

Thank you in advance! '

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted in July, was complete in August, and sent in secondaries from late September until late October. I had a good bit of success with 9 II but I really recommend doing everything as early as you can. Although you can still be successful if you complete later, it delays the whole process. The waiting game is rough and I could've made it easier on myself by submitting earlier.
yep had a friend in the same place.
primary verified by August - Secondaries in by September, 8 II and 4 A's.
Her stats weren't insane either. Although her undergrad was ivy.
hope this helps!