Anyone heard from U of Kentucky?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blanemccalister

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard any admissions news from U of Kentucky. Specifically, has anyone in the "hold" or "wait list" category heard about acceptance? Thanks
smile.gif
Good luck!!

Blane

Members don't see this ad.

Blaine,

I talked to the admissions people the week before last, and they told me the waiting list was sitting on the Dean's desk waiting for apporval and would be sent out. So we should hear something soon. Have you heard anything?

Woody,

Thanks so much for your reply. No, I haven't heard anything. I think today is the day that people have to decided between U of L and UK, though. If you don't mind, would you post again if you get word? Thanks
smile.gif

Blane

Members don't see this ad :)
Blane,

Sorry about the mispelling of your name on an earlier post. I believe UK and UofL actually have an agreement that people holding duel acceptances must let the other school know on April 15, while people holding acceptances from UK and schools other then UofL will decide today, May15. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I really love Lexington and want to stay, but, I am lucky enough to have be accepted at other places. Keep in touch.

Just got the letter from UK...alternate list!! Please encourage your friends who hold acceptances from UK to go to U of L!! Just kidding
smile.gif
Good luck everyone.

Hey Woody and Blaine..

I'm in Lexington, too. If I give you my email address, would you care to email your stats and where you applied and where you got in? I know that's pretty private stuff, so feel free to say no. I ask because I'm doing the application thing for 2001, and I'm already a nervous wreck. I'd really like to talk about your interview experiences, etc., too.

And of course, congrats in your current successes, too!

Wheels

Wheels,

I wouldn't mind giving you my stats (as long as you promise not to judge me harshly!) Also, I interviewed at UK and could tell you about it. I'm leaving town for several weeks on Thursday, so, if you hurry, I can let you know before I leave.

Blane

Great news Blane! Hope I get a letter today, saying alternate list. So far still haven't heard anything. Good Luck.

Wheels,

I'll be glad to share my stats with you.

Hey, far be it from me to judge anybody harshly! So here's an email for you...I'd love to hear whatever you have to offer. Thanks VERY much for this consideration. You guys rule.

[email protected]

Wheels

Blane,

I still haven't heard anything!! When did you recieve your letter? Have you talked to anyone else who has heard or is still waiting like me? I'm a little worried, they probably sent out the Alternates first then they'll get the rejections out later. Hope I'm wrong!

Woody,

My letter came yesterday (May 16). Make sure you check with your permanant address; that's where mine went. Also, mine was delivered to a Lexington address, so it was quick. Personally, I would think they would send the rejection letters before the alternate letters. I don't know anyone else in our situation...but I'll keep you posted if I hear something and you do the same. Good luck. Fingers crossed.
smile.gif

Blane,

I'll let you know when I hear something, hopefully I will hear soon! Thanks for responding. Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone recommend one school over the other.
What are the qualities that makes one school, UofL and UK, better.

If you are interested in primary care, you might want to consider applying to Pikeville? Although you don't have to go into primary care. It just helps your chances of getting in. I know its not for everyone especially those from urban areas.

Well I still haven't heard a peep outta UK. I did hear from Vandy, looks like I'm heading to Nashville unless I hear something from UK soon. Unbelieveable, I get in Vandy and UK, my state school leaves me in limbo.

Woody,

That's INSANE. But, congratulations on Vandy...WOW, what an awesome school!!! Did you try calling UK to see what was going on?

Well I finally got my letter from UK today, I'm on the alternate list. It was dated May 15, postmarked the 24th however, don't know why it took them so long to stick it in the mail. Now I get to do what I have been doing for months, wait some more. Oh well at least I have some great backups if I don't get in.

Blane and Woody,
I am in the same situation as wheels! I was wondering if you could share you Info with me also. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

[email protected]

Do yall know anyone who has been accepted off of this year's alternate list?

Blane,

I talked to some people at the school yesterday, there should be some significant movement this week. Hang in there, I was told a large number of people will get in off the alternate list. Good luck to us both!

Woody

Woody,

Thanks so much for the info!! What did they say? I'm dying to know more...if you have time to e mail me (or just post here) my address is [email protected]

Thanks again...this gives me some hope!

Blane

Blane,

I talked to a friend on the faculty at UKCM I wanted to try to find out where I was on the list, to no avail(damn it). He told me he would try to find out as much as he could for me about the list. He called me back and said that he had talked to 4 diferent sources who all said the same thing, that a large percentage of the alternate list will get in. He said things are moving a little slow over there due to understaffing in the admissions office right now. Have you talked to anyone who has gotten in from the list?

[This message has been edited by Woody (edited 06-06-2000).]

Woody,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know anyone who has gotten in from the list, but I'll let you know if I hear anything. Thanks again for the scoop!

Blane

P.S. So, they're understaffed in the admissions office?? I think I could free up my schedule and "help" out! I'd start by sending myself an acceptance letter. Ha ha..

Hey! I am new to this site and saw your messages about med school. I am from KY and will be applying for the 2001 classes at UK and UL. I saw where you didn't mind emailing some stats about your application to these schools and hoped it wouldn't be too much to request the same. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I begin this lengthy process!! Thanks so much!

Blane,

I called UK yesterday, to tell them to remove me from the alternate list, I had to go ahead with my living arragements in Nashville and I felt like I had waited enough. Since I am one of the lucky ones whose parents are paying for school, tuition costs were secondary.

Also I heard something from someone in the admissions office at UK that I thought I would pass along to you. Applicants who got their wait list letters earlier, like you, are higher on the list then those poor schleps like me who got theirs around the 25th of May. I was told the letters were sent out by rank, so you should be in a good spot. Good luck and let me know it you have heard anything. You might try calling over there and talking to Carol Elam.

Woody,

Thanks so much for all the info about UK. I still haven't heard anything, but I'll keep waiting with my fingers crossed tightly. You are soooo lucky to be going to Vandy; What an awesome school!!! Best of luck
smile.gif

Blane

Only 26 days of hope left for me to get off the waiting list. Has anyone out there heard anything? It's starting to look grim here.