2023-2024 Kentucky

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who has interviewed- did they mention how they’d like thank you notes to be sent? To the admissions email or directly to the interviewers?
I believe they were ok with sending emails directly to the interviewers, at least if they provided the interviewer's emails after you finished.
Congrats! Do you have any tips for interview? Does anyone that has interviewed have any advice? Was it pretty laid back? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks 😊
Not the one you replied to, but my interview was pretty laid back. Just be prepared for scenario-based questions and check out the SDN page for UkyCOM, but you got this!
 
Congrats! Do you have any tips for interview? Does anyone that has interviewed have any advice? Was it pretty laid back? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks 😊
Thank you! My experience interviewing was amazing. Both of my interviewers were so kind and made me feel more relaxed. My advice would be to come prepared and of course to be yourself. I prepared by practicing interview questions and really reflecting on the topics instead of just rehearsing an answer. Trust in your preparation, and be confident. You got this!
 
Sounds like OOS IIs are taking about a month to come in after secondaries, on average. Has it been over a month for any OOSers?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don’t mind sharing, when did you interview?
9/14
But my interviewer said they were told they didn’t have to call today because it’s a Sunday. So i’m thinking tomorrow there will be a lot more calls and it will be case by case whether they call today so no one stress if you interviewed before then!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 9/14. I was told I would either receive an acceptance call or rejection email yesterday or today, but haven’t heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
 
I interviewed 9/14. I was told I would either receive an acceptance call or rejection email yesterday or today, but haven’t heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
Same. I interviewed 9/9
This happened to them for ED too. They weren't able to get to everyone for some ED people because their interviewers were unable to make the meetings and they had to follow up with everyone a week or two later. Hopefully, that's what happened to you guys. Best of luck! I know the anticipation sucks.
 
This happened to them for ED too. They weren't able to get to everyone for some ED people because their interviewers were unable to make the meetings and they had to follow up with everyone a week or two later. Hopefully, that's what happened to you guys. Best of luck! I know the anticipation sucks.
Thank you for letting us know! Do you think they will let us know if that is the case? Also was this for every campus?
 
This happened to them for ED too. They weren't able to get to everyone for some ED people because their interviewers were unable to make the meetings and they had to follow up with everyone a week or two later. Hopefully, that's what happened to you guys. Best of luck! I know the anticipation sucks.
I appreciate your response! Hoping for that over a rejection lol. And congrats on your acceptance!
 
Thank you for letting us know! Do you think they will let us know if that is the case? Also was this for every campus?
I can't remember if the person who told me specifically called in for this information or received an email. I'd say give it a few days and see what happens. I was only familiar with this occurring at the Lexington campus, but can't see why this wouldn't also be the case at the satellite campuses. Best of luck!
 
I can't remember if the person who told me specifically called in for this information or received an email. I'd say give it a few days and see what happens. I was only familiar with this occurring at the Lexington campus, but can't see why this wouldn't also be the case at the satellite campuses. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! Also congrats on your acceptance!
 
Submitted 08/13 and received an "application update" email 09/06 but no complete email. LM 67 & OOS w/ strong ties. Should I assume that I will not receive an II?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, does anyone on here know if Kentucky offers in-state tuition to Tennessee residents given that it’s a border state? I couldn’t find any info on the website and wondering if anyone on here knows; and/or could direct me to the right person to ask that question to via email. Thanks.
 
Hey, does anyone on here know if Kentucky offers in-state tuition to Tennessee residents given that it’s a border state? I couldn’t find any info on the website and wondering if anyone on here knows; and/or could direct me to the right person to ask that question to via email. Thanks.
They do not. I was born and raised in Kentucky but lived in TN while there for college and gap years and still was classified as OOS.
 
Yeah, no problem!
They told me about a week after my acceptance. So not right away, but they let you know pretty quick!
Just piggybacking off of this, I was also given a pretty hefty scholarship (IS, BG campus), but I didn't find out until much later. I think it was like April or May even though I was accepted on 10/15. So it kinda depends and can happen anytime before you actually start classes!
 
Just piggybacking off of this, I was also given a pretty hefty scholarship (IS, BG campus), but I didn't find out until much later. I think it was like April or May even though I was accepted on 10/15. So it kinda depends and can happen anytime before you actually start classes!
Once you are accepted, is there a specific process to apply for scholarships or do they use your application to sort of automatically consider you for scholarships?
 
Last edited:
Once you are accepted, is there a specific process to apply for scholarships or do they use your application to sort of automatically consider you for scholarships?
you're automatically considered once they have accepted you and have your FAFSA. The only hiccup I ran into was that I did not include my parent's financial information on FAFSA... for personal reasons. Because I did not turn in parental financial information, I had to write a letter to the scholarship committee expressing why it was excluded from my FASFA so that I could still be considered for scholarships. This was a very unique-to-me situation, but it worked out in the end and I still got a scholarship! So just wanted to throw this out there in case someone else runs into a similar issue. Don't lose hope if you can't provide family financial information.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad