2023-2024 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how full the class is? I am interviewing soon and heard that the class was not full, but I am curious to know how many spots are left.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted/alternate list. interviewed 12/05

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email that the Lexington campus class is now full and I will be interviewing for a waitlist position.

Just got an email that the Lexington campus class is now full and I will be interviewing for a waitlist position.
Did they flat out say the class was full? Some interviewed in January and still haven't heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they flat out say the class was full? Some interviewed in January and still haven't heard back yet.
Yes they flat out said the class is full in Lexington and they will continue to interview through February. They said they will pull from the waitlists on a rolling basis as spots open up.

Reactions: 1 users
Any new II being sent out? I thought this school has very high II rate after you get the secondary.

Any new II being sent out? I thought this school has very high II rate after you get the secondary.
I am also wondering the same thing. There was a document posted on this thread earlier (I think) that ~70% of submitted secondaries result in an II. I'm OOS which likely depresses that chance for me, but I'm still mildly surprised.

Any new II being sent out? I thought this school has very high II rate after you get the secondary
I am also wondering the same thing. There was a document posted on this thread earlier (I think) that ~70% of submitted secondaries result in an II. I'm OOS which likely depresses that chance for me, but I'm still mildly surprised.
When I interviewed in Oct. they made a comment that they were filling interview spots for the last day which would be 20 slots. I’d say if there are ANY interview spots left it would be VERY few which could be the delay.

According to their published interview dates, they have four interview days left. They are February 1,6,15, and 20.

Did anyone for the Lexington campus hear back today? I thought the admissions committee met yesterday

oos UK student here interviewed 1/18- has anyone heard anything else? i’m getting worried lol

oos UK student here interviewed 1/18- has anyone heard anything else? i’m getting worried lol
I interviewed 12/14 and didn’t hear back till like a month and 2 weeks after my interview. I hope that helps ease your concern a bit.

I interviewed 1/9 and still got nothing. But I'm guessing they can't accept anyone rn because the class is full apparently

Those that interviewed in January, did they tell you during the interview the expected wait time for an update?

I interviewed 12/14 and didn’t hear back till like a month and 2 weeks after my interview. I hope that helps ease your concern a bit.
I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed 12/14. Do you know if anyone else has heard back from that day? I've also been out of the country since Dec. 30 and I'm returning tomorrow but I got the international package for my phone to make sure I wouldn't miss a phone call. Not sure if it somehow didn't work but I can get calls from my parents and all.

I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed 12/14. Do you know if anyone else has heard back from that day? I've also been out of the country since Dec. 30 and I'm returning tomorrow but I got the international package for my phone to make sure I wouldn't miss a phone call. Not sure if it somehow didn't work but I can get calls from my parents and all.
The admissions office said classes are full so they are just putting students in the alt pool. The aemissions office lady said that some interviewers would have been absent from the meeting so they discussed their students first to give the students fair “representation”. The lady also said those that haven’t heard back doesn’t necessarily mean rejection, they could have just not gotten to ur file yet. Sorry I can’t give clearer information. I advise to call the admissions office and ask about ur status because you heard some students from dec. 14th got a decision and what that entails so she can explain it directly.

I called admissions bc I havent heard back at all since August and they had a wierd response. I am on some kind of hold and am being compared to other OOS applicants. There II end in feb and the class is already full. I am assuming this is an R

Those that interviewed in January, did they tell you during the interview the expected wait time for an update?
They said right after the committee meeting, which was the same day I interviewed but they said they likely wouldn’t get to our interview date that day. They then said they met again two weeks after and we should know by then but I interviewed on 1/18

So this is my understanding can anyone tell me if this is right? The class is full and right now they are sending everyone “alternate pool” emails or rejections. From MSAR it seems like alternate pool = WL and the list is unranked, reviewed each ADCOM or whenever there is an accepted student that withdraws. I think I have read that 40-50 students get off the WL… is this per campus or in total at all four? How many people get put on the waitlist in the first place? I should expect the earliest to hear back is after interviews are over so like March sometime? Sorry everyone I’m just new to this SDN and really don’t know much about this school or the procedures and I’m not able to reach anyone at BG by phone :(

Has anyone else gotten the second choice campus email? I assumed this was sent to everyone in alternate pool but just wanted to make sure?

Has anyone else gotten the second choice campus email? I assumed this was sent to everyone in alternate pool but just wanted to make sure?
Yes I was Alt list early dec and sent the email to fill second choice out late Dec

As per adcom… Class was filled with people who interviewed in November. Everyone who interviewed later was either alt listed or R. They have 4 interview dates each months so I’d say 180 students interviewed who either got R or Alt listed.
They have max movement in Lexington campus 20-25 and nky Morehead bowling green 3-7…

Just my experience, but I interviewed at Bowling Green late January and was accepted last week. I was not placed on the alt list, so there definitely still is hope for those who interviewed/are interviewing after November! Just anecdotal though, adcom may be speaking generally?

Just my experience, but I interviewed at Bowling Green late January and was accepted last week. I was not placed on the alt list, so there definitely still is hope for those who interviewed/are interviewing after November! Just anecdotal though, adcom may be speaking generally?
Yeah I only asked them about Lexington campus.

Ok so, I got the second choice campus email but I didn’t get an alternate pool email- can I assume I’m alternate pool? Little confused why they’d want to know if I have another choice if they gave me an R

Ok so, I got the second choice campus email but I didn’t get an alternate pool email- can I assume I’m alternate pool? Little confused why they’d want to know if I have another choice if they gave me an R
If you got the second choice email with no rejection email, I’d say yes but ofc definitely call the admissions office to know what’s going on. They’re really nice

I haven't heard anything since WL... why specifically last night/today?
Based on posts I assume that they should have met yesterday. Just wondering when they will be finished with regular interview deliberation. I’m curious for when they’ll start analyzing waitlist seats haha

Based on posts I assume that they should have met yesterday. Just wondering when they will be finished with regular interview deliberation. I’m curious for when they’ll start analyzing waitlist seats haha
Ohhh ok gotcha, I haven't heard anything yet so we are in the same boat :( Maybe I'm behind, but what "posts" are you talking about? the ones from this thread? or is the adcom posting elsewhere bc I would love to know another place to look lol

I was told you can hear changes in WL til all the way up to the date classes start but I am planning on calling their office soon and will report back if I hear anything else

Ohhh ok gotcha, I haven't heard anything yet so we are in the same boat :( Maybe I'm behind, but what "posts" are you talking about? the ones from this thread? or is the adcom posting elsewhere bc I would love to know another place to look lol

I was told you can hear changes in WL til all the way up to the date classes start but I am planning on calling their office soon and will report back if I hear anything else
They meet every other Thursday. I believe just based on when I heard and others in the thread following the pattern that they would’ve met yesterday.

The plan to enroll was Feb 20th so potential that spots have opened but they will finish reviewing regular interviews first before pulling. Looking back on threads from the last two years a couple people were pulled from the waitlist around March 15th which is when they should meet again so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for the both of us! After that there wasn’t movement again till June but of course that’s only people that post on here there may have been much more.

Reactions: 2 users
They meet every other Thursday. I believe just based on when I heard and others in the thread following the pattern that they would’ve met yesterday.

The plan to enroll was Feb 20th so potential that spots have opened but they will finish reviewing regular interviews first before pulling. Looking back on threads from the last two years a couple people were pulled from the waitlist around March 15th which is when they should meet again so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for the both of us! After that there wasn’t movement again till June but of course that’s only people that post on here there may have been much more.
Cycle Track also shows a few mid-march and mid-may so there may be a few more data points there! Best of luck!