You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Kentucky
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
optimisticMD23
Full Member
That's frustrating, but you got this!Admissions reached out saying they reviewed my app and I’m missing TWO letters. Great 🤡
optimisticMD23
Full Member
Have any ED applicants received an acceptance yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jupiterdogs
New Member
NoHave any ED applicants received an acceptance yet?
optimisticMD23
Full Member
Okay. I was wondering because I had heard that they were supposed to deliberate today.
jupiterdogs
New Member
Yeah, me too! A little confusedOkay. I was wondering because I had heard that they were supposed to deliberate today.
optimisticMD23
Full Member
Update! I literally just got an email basically saying that they didn't get to everyone today but will review the ones they didn't get to on September 14th.Yeah, me too! A little confused
Did you get that email unprompted or did you ask?Update! I literally just got an email basically saying that they didn't get to everyone today but will review the ones they didn't get to on September 14th.
optimisticMD23
Full Member
UnpromptedDid you get that email unprompted or did you ask?
aightmanokay
Full Member
I have two ED friends who got an acceptance today
do OOS get secondaries or do they screen?
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
They screen for OOS secondariesdo OOS get secondaries or do they screen?
jupiterdogs
New Member
When was your interview?Update! I literally just got an email basically saying that they didn't get to everyone today but will review the ones they didn't get to on September 14th.
sciencegurlz
Full Member
Does anyone know about how many people apply ED and what percentage get an acceptance?
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Hope this isn't a dumb question but does Kentucky screen for MCAT and GPA before sending out secondaries? I know the secondary doesn't go to everyone, but those who get one have a solid shot at an II and an A.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe all applicants must have >3.0 UG cGPA, >3.0 UG sGPA, and >496 MCAT to be eligible for a secondary, regardless of residency status.Hope this isn't a dumb question but does Kentucky screen for MCAT and GPA before sending out secondaries? I know the secondary doesn't go to everyone, but those who get one have a solid shot at an II and an A.
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Thank you for this info!I believe all applicants must have >3.0 UG cGPA, >3.0 UG sGPA, and >496 MCAT to be eligible for a secondary, regardless of residency status.
Same thing happened to me!…But I actually have the letters per their website😭been going back and forth for like 2 weeks trying to get it squared away and still no resolveAdmissions reached out saying they reviewed my app and I’m missing TWO letters. Great 🤡
Anyone else still waiting for a confirmation email? I submitted my secondary on 8/11 and checked my credit card bill so I know I paid for their application fee but still no confirmation email.
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
You got this!Same thing happened to me!…But I actually have the letters per their website😭been going back and forth for like 2 weeks trying to get it squared away and still no resolve
Yep submitted 8/14Anyone else still waiting for a confirmation email? I submitted my secondary on 8/11 and checked my credit card bill so I know I paid for their application fee but still no confirmation email.
optimisticMD23
Full Member
It was on 08/22.When was your interview?
Update: I emailed them and they confirmed with me that my app was complete.Anyone else still waiting for a confirmation email? I submitted my secondary on 8/11 and checked my credit card bill so I know I paid for their application fee but still no confirmation email.
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Just got an email saying that my application is complete and was sent to the screening committee. Praying to God for an interview.
physicalpurchase
Full Member
I got my confirmation email on 08/23, but I haven't heard anything since. Does that mean I probably didn't get the interview?
wvsw22
Full Member
I had these stats and still got rejected pre secondary, so they could be screening out other factors as wellI believe all applicants must have >3.0 UG cGPA, >3.0 UG sGPA, and >496 MCAT to be eligible for a secondary, regardless of residency status.
Yes, it is much more than just stats.I had these stats and still got rejected pre secondary, so they could be screening out other factors as well
miserable_cowgal
Full Member
I haven’t ever received an application complete email and i submitted and paid early august! Has this happened to anyone else?
I submitted my secondary on 07/31 and still haven’t gotten a completion/confirmation email. I got a “we’re still actively reviewing applications” one on 08/14 but that was it.
That’s what I got too!I submitted my secondary on 07/31 and still haven’t gotten a completion/confirmation email. I got a “we’re still actively reviewing applications” one on 08/14 but that was it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II this morning! (RD)
Complete early-mid Aug
Complete early-mid Aug
Smileydimples
Full Member
Just got my app complete email, submitted secondary 08/31; says app is being screened for interview.
sciencegurlz
Full Member
Did anyone who has interviewed hear a decision today?
optimisticMD23
Full Member
I am so honored to say that I just found out I got accepted y'all 😭😄 I hope to see you guys as classmates next year! Good luck everybody! ❤️
sciencegurlz
Full Member
Has anyone who is ED that interviewed on Aug. 31 or Sept.5 heard back?
Same story here. Had to scramble to get two new science letters this late in the cycle but got it done and was complete early septemeber. Sucks that it happened so late considering I submitted my secondary within a couple days of receiving it but it is what it is. Just another way for us to demonstrate our resilience 🤓Admissions reached out saying they reviewed my app and I’m missing TWO letters. Great 🤡
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
For sure!Same story here. Had to scramble to get two new science letters this late in the cycle but got it done and was complete early septemeber. Sucks that it happened so late considering I submitted my secondary within a couple days of receiving it but it is what it is. Just another way for us to demonstrate our resilience 🤓
AnonMD5000!
Full Member
+1 OOS This AM!
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Congrats! When were you guys complete?
0003
Full Member
Thanks! Complete on 8/22Congrats! When were you guys complete?
AnonMD5000!
Full Member
11/30, then 12/5, then 12/14 (I believe) etc etcwhat's the earliest interview date available for RD?
ties?+1 OOS This AM!
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
For them too be booked through 11/30 is interesting. I feel like there has not been that many II's sent out and they conclude interviews in February. 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnonMD5000!
Full Member
Slim to noneties?
dachshundlover123
Full Member
Ties? When did you submit your secondary? Thank you!!! Best of luck!II OOS
Smileydimples
Full Member
IS II just now!! complete 08/31
Smileydimples
Full Member
Congrats! Do you have any tips for interview? Does anyone that has interviewed have any advice? Was it pretty laid back? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks 😊I am so honored to say that I just found out I got accepted y'all 😭😄 I hope to see you guys as classmates next year! Good luck everybody! ❤️