2023-2024 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II today! Woohoo! Anyone know about what time I can expect to be done with my interview day? Trying to plan flights! Thanks so much!
do u have ties to state?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for BG or Lexington, but I have an M1 friend at Northern KY and they said ~7 students have interviewed there thus far for roughly 35 spots

I can't speak for BG or Lexington, but I have an M1 friend at Northern KY and they said ~7 students have interviewed there thus far for roughly 35 spots

Is this A’s or II’s? I interviewed for NKY and there were at least 12 people there, so I’m assuming that’s 7 As sent out?

Is this A’s or II’s? I interviewed for NKY and there were at least 12 people there, so I’m assuming that’s 7 As sent out?
They said interviewed but based on your info, I’m going to assume they meant As

Reactions: 1 user
Do they offer in state eligibility after 1 year or do you remain OOS?
Yes and no. There’s a long application to reclassify as in state, but there’s no guarantee that they will accept it. You have to provide everything from yours and your parents tax returns, drivers licenses, car registrations, your source of financial support, etc. One of the documents asked for is verification that you’ve been in Kentucky for at least 12 months as a non-student. If they determine based on the application that you fulfill enough of the requirements to classify as in state under KY law, then you can be reclassified.

What if you are married and your spouse works in Kentucky?

Members don't see this ad :)
What if you are married and your spouse works in Kentucky?
It’s still based on the overall application review, but I imagine if you’re married with a spouse who is employed in and a resident of KY that it would be more likely to be approved. If I remember correctly, there’s a section in the application that actually asks about marital status and your spouse’s residency.

Did anyone send post ii thank you notes? If so did you email them?
i did snail mail thank you notes for UK and email for pretty much every other school. Both options were well received. I would recommend it!

Is there a GroupMe or Facebook for accepted students for the Lexington campus?

What are some of your timelines for hearing back from Lexington campus after interview? Anyone who's interviewed in October heard back?

you're automatically considered once they have accepted you and have your FAFSA. The only hiccup I ran into was that I did not include my parent's financial information on FAFSA... for personal reasons. Because I did not turn in parental financial information, I had to write a letter to the scholarship committee expressing why it was excluded from my FASFA so that I could still be considered for scholarships. This was a very unique-to-me situation, but it worked out in the end and I still got a scholarship! So just wanted to throw this out there in case someone else runs into a similar issue. Don't lose hope if you can't provide family financial information.
Thank you for the information and for the heads up!

Hi there, would anyone here happen to know if UKCOM has a different admissions committee per campus, or is it just one? Thanks!

For anyone deciding on if they should choose UK or not, this giant brand new health sciences building will be finished for your M2 and subsequent years.

Reactions: 1 users

For anyone deciding on if they should choose UK or not, this giant brand new health sciences building will be finished for your M2 and subsequent years.

It won't be complete until June 2026. Class of 2028 will likely not use this building before M4 because of rotations during M3.

Accepted to Lexington campus! Got the call last week. IS and interviewed in October

Reactions: 2 users
Hi there, would anyone here happen to know if UKCOM has a different admissions committee per campus, or is it just one? Thanks!
Each campus has its own committee. 😊

in-state A today for the Lexington campus!

notified via phone call, interviewed 17-OCT-2023

in-state A today for the Lexington campus!

notified via phone call, interviewed 17-OCT-2023

I didn’t see a GroupMe or anything posted in here yet… it looked like a couple of other accepted students had also been looking for one, so I went ahead and made one for the Lexington Campus

You're invited to my new group 'UKCOM Class of 2028 - Lexington Campus' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hey everyone I started an accepted student group me for the Bowling Green campus! I grew up in BG and would be happy to talk with anyone about the area more. Link below:

Does anyone know if Kentucky accepts update letters/ letters of interest. I couldn't find anything and there isn't anywhere to submit in the secondary app.

I interviewed 9/14, was waitlisted 10/17 but got the A call yesterday (12/7)!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to UK Lex in October, I scrolled through and didn’t see a GroupMe for the Lexington campus yet so I made one. If one was already made and I just didn’t see it feel free to correct me.

You're invited to my new group 'UK Lexington 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to
Accepted to UK Lex in October, I scrolled through and didn’t see a GroupMe for the Lexington campus yet so I made one. If one was already made and I just didn’t see it feel free to correct me.

You're invited to my new group 'UK Lexington 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
One has been made already. The link is towards the top of this page. Right above the link to the BG groupme.

Just got an alternate pool email asking if I have a “second campus choice” and got to pick between the multiple campuses. I asked and they said this won’t hinder your chances at your first choice if it becomes available. I’m not sure if this is good news or not but I figured I’d let y’all know.

Just got an alternate pool email asking if I have a “second campus choice” and got to pick between the multiple campuses. I asked and they said this won’t hinder your chances at your first choice if it becomes available. I’m not sure if this is good news or not but I figured I’d let y’all know.
Is this pre-II? When did you submit?