2023-2024 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there still a chance to get an interview at UKCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called recently to check on status or ask abt alt list or anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone called recently to check on status or ask abt alt list or anything?
I called last week I think, and she said that it’s a pool and it’s unranked, and they fill the spots that are open every time they talk at committee meetings. They also place people they like at other campuses if they have room there too.

Reactions: 1 users
I called last week I think, and she said that it’s a pool and it’s unranked, and they fill the spots that are open every time they talk at committee meetings. They also place people they like at other campuses if they have room there too.
You mean other campuses even beyond your first and second choice?

I just called and was told you can get pulled to any campus if they feel like they have a need for you even if it wasn't your top two. I was also told that technically movement and alternate pool subcommittee meetings can happen starting in February BUT generally real movement doesn't happen until April 30 bc of the commitment deadline

Has anyone been accepted to the Rural Physician Leadership Program yet?

Has anyone received scholarships or financial aid info?
I am wondering this as well, I’ve gotten scholarship offers from other schools and want to compare. I remember vaguely at their admitted student day them saying they wouldn’t be telling us about scholarships until May or June (or something like that because I remember thinking that’s too late)

I am wondering this as well, I’ve gotten scholarship offers from other schools and want to compare. I remember vaguely at their admitted student day them saying they wouldn’t be telling us about scholarships until May or June (or something like that because I remember thinking that’s too late)
Just received a merit scholarship offer this morning. During my admitted student day our financial aid officer said that they had already distributed all financial and merit aid (which I found suspicious and surprising considering the FAFSA stuff) so this could be due to someone declining their A at UK. Would love more info if anyone has any.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received a merit scholarship offer this morning. During my admitted student day our financial aid officer said that they had already distributed all financial and merit aid (which I found suspicious and surprising considering the FAFSA stuff) so this could be due to someone declining their A at UK. Would love more info if anyone has any.
Congratulations on the merit scholarship, c-rex!

I wanted to add that I received a need-based scholarship in the early months of this year. I have also received emails from the financial aid office regarding the opportunity to apply for other scholarships (must meet certain demographics, etc. to be eligible to apply), but I have not heard any decisions regarding those yet.

I would also love more info regarding scholarships if anyone has any updates or anything to share!

For those in the alternate pool - does anyone have any insight on whether choosing a second-choice campus lowers our chances of getting placed at the first-choice campus? Or is that not a factor?

I just called and was told you can get pulled to any campus if they feel like they have a need for you even if it wasn't your top two. I was also told that technically movement and alternate pool subcommittee meetings can happen starting in February BUT generally real movement doesn't happen until April 30 bc of the commitment deadline
Also just want to say that I emailed adcom last night and was told that this year they are only considering applicants for their two campus choices. So not sure which of us are correct here but just wanted to add that I heard something different!

For those in the alternate pool - does anyone have any insight on whether choosing a second-choice campus lowers our chances of getting placed at the first-choice campus? Or is that not a factor?
Based on what I was told I don't think that choosing a second choice campus does anything to lower chances of being placed at your first choice! I think it just gives options if spots at the first choice aren't available

Based on what I was told I don't think that choosing a second choice campus does anything to lower chances of being placed at your first choice! I think it just gives options if spots at the first choice aren't available
^^ yes this is my understanding as well. However, if you were to get pulled to your second choice you are removed from the waitlist at your first choice.