Anyone heard from West Virginia University Yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex1803

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts about it. Has anyone gotten an invite for their secondary? Is it available online for viewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Alex1803 said:
I haven't seen any posts about it. Has anyone gotten an invite for their secondary? Is it available online for viewing?

I dunno if their secondary is out yet, but when I looked at their site I seem to remember it quite plainly say that only WV applicants are considered. If you aren't WV resident then I don't think you will ever get one. You might want to check behind me on that cause I looked at a lot of schools, but I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I didn't apply there myself.

BirdmanRA said:
I dunno if their secondary is out yet, but when I looked at their site I seem to remember it quite plainly say that only WV applicants are considered. If you aren't WV resident then I don't think you will ever get one. You might want to check behind me on that cause I looked at a lot of schools, but I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I didn't apply there myself.
you can be out of state and be considered but they want to see that you actually have ties to west virginia. i applied because i lived there for a few years and my dad went to WVU for undergrad.

edit: and no, their secondary isn't out yet.

This is a quote from the MSAR about West Virginia's selection factors:
"WV residents are given preference, with available spaces to well-qualified non-residents, epsecially those who have strong state ties."