2022-2023 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we can expect to be pulled off the interview waitlist? I was put on it early Sep :( OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when we can expect to be pulled off the interview waitlist? I was put on it early Sep :( OOS.
I heard somewhere that movement normally starts in November. Can anyone confirm? I’ve been on the interview waitlist since July lol

Reactions: 5 users
Current MS1! Feel free to pm with any questions ab WVU, the application process, or med school in general💙💛

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current MS1! Feel free to pm with any questions ab WVU, the application process, or med school in general💙💛
Thanks for offering!! I know this has probably been asked before, but do you know how many II waitlists are pulled for an interview at WVU? IT seems like they put so many on the waitlist!

Anyone hear anything yet? When I interviewed on 9/29 they said we would hear back between 10/17 and 10/19

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the email. You have to go to your portal and check. OOS Waitlist (507, 4.0)

waitlisted as well, maybe if you didn't get email, they're gonna call bc you got accepted though :)

waitlisted as well. let the turmoil continue
Happy Crying 30 Rock GIF

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for offering!! I know this has probably been asked before, but do you know how many II waitlists are pulled for an interview at WVU? IT seems like they put so many on the waitlist!
I can’t give an exact number, but never count it out until the entire app process is done and dusted. I know some people who got in this way :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II waitlisted today, OOS with no ties to the state. 3.8, 509 ORM. Complete 10/7.

do y'all think that really no OOS got accepted so far, or it's more of a matter of not posting on SDN

do y'all think that really no OOS got accepted so far, or it's more of a matter of not posting on SDN
The school puts nearly every OOS applicant they’re considering on the II waitlist. I think some have interviewed, but not a lot. We’ll see II Waitlist movement starting next week, if we can go by previous years’ SDN feeds

• Love
The school puts nearly every OOS applicant they’re considering on the II waitlist. I think some have interviewed, but not a lot. We’ll see II Waitlist movement starting next week, if we can go by previous years’ SDN feeds
I recently interviewed OOS but in a bordering county and with close ties. Still waiting to hear back post II

This is good news then! right?

Hi, I’m an in-state applicant. All the WV schools heavily favor WV applicants and IS students are interviewed before OOS students. My stats are not anywhere near as competitive as some of the waitlisted posters here and I have an interview next month. I’ll edit to say that if you are OOS, but in a border state they may interview you sooner!

Last edited:
Just joined SDN and thought I would contribute since I read everybody else's comments all the time. I am an IS student and submitted my secondary Sept 12 and received an interview invitation Sept 28, and the soonest interviews were after the New Year. If anyone is interviewing on the 13 hit me up.
Stats: BCPM 3.76, MCAT 510

Also, to echo what someone else said- 100% a shot in the dark- but after reading all these posts I wonder if the adcom is saving interviews for in-state students. I have family who worked as faculty for WVUSOM who adamantly said, and you can see it online, that the school favors in-state applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
Just joined SDN and thought I would contribute since I read everybody else's comments all the time. I am an IS student and submitted my secondary Sept 12 and received an interview invitation Sept 28, and the soonest interviews were after the New Year. If anyone is interviewing on the 13 hit me up.
Stats: BCPM 3.76, MCAT 510

Also, to echo what someone else said- 100% a shot in the dark- but after reading all these posts I wonder if the adcom is saving interviews for in-state students. I have family who worked as faculty for WVUSOM who adamantly said, and you can see it online, that the school favors in-state applicants.

Damn. Some of us got waitlisted for the interview! So does this mean we will likely interview next year if we get off?

Damn. Some of us got waitlisted for the interview! So does this mean we will likely interview next year if we get off?
Lol, I have no idea. I was just thinking out loud. I never heard of the interview waitlist. My family member no longer works for WVUSOM but I can ask them and someone else for you if they know.

Lol, I have no idea. I was just thinking out loud. I never heard of the interview waitlist. My family member no longer works for WVUSOM but I can ask them and someone else for you if they know.

Thank you! Yes please

They weren’t close enough to the adcom to know what that meant in terms of interview invite prospect but I messaged a colleague and I’ll tell you what they say.

fwiw i interviewed 10/7 and out of like 15ish I was the only IS
yeah, when i interviewed, id say more than half were OOS as well. my question was more regarding the nature of acceptances after interviews for OOS people lolol

Last edited:
FYI — they let us know during interview day acceptances are only being sent out once a month, with the next being around Thanksgiving. So only about 2 rounds (Sept & Oct) of acceptances have likely been sent

FYI — they let us know during interview day acceptances are only being sent out once a month, with the next being around Thanksgiving. So only about 2 rounds (Sept & Oct) of acceptances have likely been sent
oh really?? i know in previous years that they usually make a decision the week after you interview. plus, you can't release decision until october 15, so sounds like only one round has been sent!

Does this school do holds at all? Or is interview waitlist just their version of a hold?

Does this school do holds at all? Or is interview waitlist just their version of a hold?
the interview waitlist is their version of a pre ii hold

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any idea of when last year people got pulled off the II waitlist? I don't mind going through the thread but if anyone has a quick reference point, I'd appreciate it!

Does anyone have any idea of when last year people got pulled off the II waitlist? I don't mind going through the thread but if anyone has a quick reference point, I'd appreciate it!
I do not think I have seen any. According to last year's thread, there was some movement starting in November, so maybe we will see some movement this week.

I do not think I have seen any. According to last year's thread, there was some movement starting in November, so maybe we will see some movement this week.

Haven't seen any this year you mean?

Its nearly ten days into November

Really hoping we all get some II's soon!!

they said Wednesday before thanksgiving or Wednesday of thanksgiving when I interviewed

Sorry I misunderstood.. Unless you meant they told you they would interview the people on the waitlist ?

Does WVU take updates? and does anyone know if the updates will move the interview waitlist? Sorry for so many questions.

This is one of my top choices!

Sorry I misunderstood.. Unless you meant they told you they would interview the people on the waitlist ?
My bad, I definitely read your comment wrong. I was talking about decisions, not interview invites. Sorry about that.