2023-2024 West Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pre-II R just now. They provided ways to improve my app in the email but it didn't apply to me... for ex: they told me to consider adding hours to my "mission based activities" when I don't have any mission based activities in my app and I added hours to everything I put in my app...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They told us they typically make calls in the afternoon. They try (and typically do) make calls if they have the staff but emails are a backup from what I remember.
 
Feels like they automatically WL most OOS people. Did anyone OOS get accepted recently (not off the waitlist)?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just looked up past years... WVU doesn't start WL movement until MAY. I know the "commit to enroll" with AMCAS begins around then, but is there any other reason why they wait so late? Guess they only want people that aren't committed to other schools?
 
just looked up past years... WVU doesn't start WL movement until MAY. I know the "commit to enroll" with AMCAS begins around then, but is there any other reason why they wait so late? Guess they only want people that aren't committed to other schools?
People have already gotten off the WL this cycle. A few posted in December I think.
 
Big boi R

face flying GIF


Got that one all the way from Virginia Beach
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also interviewed this month, and same here. I think all WL and R are via email, but it looks like most As are via phone call based on reading earlier in this thread
i remember at my interview (also feb) it was mentioned that all decisions would be sent via email & acceptances would likely (but not always) get a phone call as well in the afternoon — depended on the dean’s availability and schedule for the day, but we were told they generally try to call accepted applicants when possible