2022-2023 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II received a few days ago after initially being placed on the "interview waitlist" back in July

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any West Virginia students able to talk with me about the school? I have an upcoming interview and wanted to learn as much as possible about WVU beforehand.

Any West Virginia students able to talk with me about the school? I have an upcoming interview and wanted to learn as much as possible about WVU beforehand.
Hey John (or JohnJohnJohnJohn if you prefer),

Current MS1 - I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the program or WV in general! Feel free to send me a DM.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On the AAMC waitlist procedures, it says that WVU makes ~50 waitlist acceptance offers, which is just under half their class. Are there any current students who can provide some insight on that?

Can anyone tell me if wvu does post ii rejections or do they place pretty much everyone on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Just interviewed today from OOS. Anyone know if interviews are just for the waitlist at this point or if they are still sending out A's?

Reactions: 3 users
ahh hoping i dont get caught in the r wave
Ladies and gentlemen, we got em. Pre II R after waitlist. OOS rip to thinking my app was competitive for wvu lol

Pre-II R after WL since July :) byeeeee & good luck y’all 🫡

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R today, was on hold/WL since September

Good luck to everyone else!

Hey guys. Just wanna check in and ask what are the chances of getting off a pre-ii hold at this point? It’s been 6 months almost. Would sending in an update/continued letter of interest help with getting a ii?

Hey guys. Just wanna check in and ask what are the chances of getting off a pre-ii hold at this point? It’s been 6 months almost. Would sending in an update/continued letter of interest help with getting a ii?
If you haven't yet I would. That way you can confirm interest or intent to matriculate if accepted. Best of luck!

I interviewed on 1/19, when do you think I should hear back? Good luck to everyone!
I just got an email today saying decisions will be sent March 8th-10th and I interviewed like the 13th.

Got the same email as well! Interviewed early Feb.

I wonder if we got that email and are gonna get wait listed or rejected, I think that we are way too far in the cycle at this point.

I emailed them that day and this is what they said, “Accept, waitlist, or reject are the decisions that will go out during that timeframe. The email was sent to all applicants who have interviewed recently but not yet received an admissions decision. The email is not indicative of any decision status.”

WL OOS and patiently waiting every day for waitlist movement 😭

WL OOS and patiently waiting every day for waitlist movement 😭
I’m on WL too, I’d say hang tight since last year WL movement didn’t really start until late April and went through mid May

I’m on WL too, I’d say hang tight since last year WL movement didn’t really start until late April and went through mid May
I know I just can't help it lol, I reviewed last year's thread and there was a small amount of movement in early March, can't hurt to have hope ya know :rofl:

Interviewed 2/24 any guess when we'll hear back?

Many of us received an email a couple of weeks ago (after interviewing) stating a response will be delivered between March 8th-10th.

Withdraw my Acceptance today! It was hard to give it up but I know someone is anxiously waiting to hear back. So whoever you are….
Congratulations future Dr!!!!!! Your life would forever change! I hope the next four years of your life are filled with wonderful memories and all the happiness you deserve. I am proud of you!

Reactions: 7 users
I just got the acceptance email a couple of minutes ago.

Interviewed something like Feb 2nd.

Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 2/10

I was able to find it. It took longer for it to upload to me. Waitlist!

+1 OOS Waitlist

Rejected :( I guess MCAT and Gpa does not mean anything...plus to all of my extrcurriculars also mcat-521, GPA 3.9
In-state rejected also. MPH and currently working as an epidemiologist with 1.5 years worth of full-time clinical hours as a scribe. MCAT 512 but unfortunately had some undergrad GPA hiccups due to personal issues. Interview was slightly awkward as one of the interviewers made a comment suggesting that my multiple application attempts was off-putting. Oh well, I have a meeting with an admissions officer next week to see if it’s worth reapplying 😕

In-state rejected also. MPH and currently working as an epidemiologist with 1.5 years worth of full-time clinical hours as a scribe. MCAT 512 but unfortunately had some undergrad GPA hiccups due to personal issues. Interview was slightly awkward as one of the interviewers made a comment suggesting that my multiple application attempts was off-putting. Oh well, I have a meeting with an admissions officer next week to see if it’s worth reapplying 😕
Sorry to hear. Was this a post II rejection?

Do people have a lot of success with WVU waitlist?? I got waitlisted in Oct. I have sent updates since, but haven't heard anything

Do people have a lot of success with WVU waitlist?? I got waitlisted in Oct. I have sent updates since, but haven't he
Do people have a lot of success with WVU waitlist?? I got waitlisted in Oct. I have sent updates since, but haven't heard anything
Same question. Waitlist as well

Interviewed in October, WL in November, sent updates, and also haven't heard anything.