You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 West Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Really hoping I get off the II waitlist for an interview here. Anyone know if there is much movement historically?
McApple
Full Member
Looks like last year there were a few that got off the II waitlist starting in DecemberReally hoping I get off the II waitlist for an interview here. Anyone know if there is much movement historically?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This seems to be the trend (mine was a few months out) and is likely done to prioritize IS applicants.can anyone with OOS II talk about their interview dates? it seems they are doing it incredibly late this season.
kayakh smith
Full Member
I am still waiting for II, but I received today, "The Office of Admissions would like to invite you to attend our upcoming open house. This event will take place on Saturday, November 11 from 9:00am to 2:00pm." . I guess it's a positive thing?
Last edited:
I don’t think they would have reviewed ur application without a secondary, so i am not sure if they are related. I would reach out about a secondary though if it’s been a while. I am a fellow applicant so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.I am still waiting for secondary, but I received today, "The Office of Admissions would like to invite you to attend our upcoming open house. This event will take place on Saturday, November 11 from 9:00am to 2:00pm." . I guess it's a positive thing?
kayakh smith
Full Member
Sorry, my bad.. I submitted my secondary a month ago, was waiting for II and received this email.I don’t think they would have reviewed ur application without a secondary, so i am not sure if they are related. I would reach out about a secondary though if it’s been a while. I am a fellow applicant so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.
Gotcha, then I have no clue, hopefully someone can give you a better answer.Sorry, my bad.. I submitted my secondary a month ago, was waiting for II and received this email.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
is the interview with a faculty member? student? multiple faculty?
Interview waitlist just now. OOS.
Was excited for a sec then I saw on last year’s thread that a lot of people don’t get off it and if you do get an interview the OOS acceptance rate is tiny.
so it isn't just me stalking the previous years lol 🤣Was excited for a sec then I saw on last year’s thread that a lot of people don’t get off it and if you do get an interview the OOS acceptance rate is tiny.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
horsegirl_doctor
Full Member
For those who have interviewed already, is the faculty interview blind to secondary and primary app? And was it super formal? Looking for any details I can get lol
+1 same LM also OOSWaitlist for interview LM 70 OOS
Also curiousFor those who have interviewed already, is the faculty interview blind to secondary and primary app? And was it super formal? Looking for any details I can get lol
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
Waitlist II, OOS, Complete 7/29
Anybody know if WVU is releasing decisions tomorrow 10/15 or Monday 10/16?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
based on past years it appears they release on the closest weekday to 10/15, although their MSAR says 10/15/2023
Anybody know if WVU is releasing decisions tomorrow 10/15 or Monday 10/16?
_SleepySloth_
Full Member
Post-II waitlist OOS
horsegirl_doctor
Full Member
Were the interviewers blind to primary/secondary app?Post-II waitlist
_SleepySloth_
Full Member
They asked me questions off my primary and secondary. I don't know if they can see your GPA or MCAT though.
Post-II waitlist. OOS. Can't say I'm surprised lol
Post-II waitlist OOS
When did y'all interview?
PineCreek98
New Member
OOS Post-II WL Interviewed late September
premed42568
Full Member
Do you mind saying when you submitted your secondary?Waitlist for interview LM 70 OOS
congrats!!! would you mind sharing your stats and secondary submission date?Got A call on 10/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on 8/27, interview late Sep, in statecongrats!!! would you mind sharing your stats and secondary submission date?
I got the complete email July 16thDo you mind saying when you submitted your secondary?
OOS pre-II waitlist received 10/17 🙁
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
OOS pre-II waitlist received 10/17 🙁
+1, I was complete 8/16
+1 OOS complete 9/27. Does anyone know what is the likelihood of getting interview slots based on past years? 😢+1, I was complete 8/16
Last edited:
According to 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 threads, there appears to be some movement starting mid-November moving into December. Keep in mind open interviews (for me at least, average applicant OOS) aren't until January/February. Not 100% sure why, but this may be an effort to weed out students not dedicated to WVU. People who aren't dedicated get accepted elsewhere, and then drop their interview with WVU, allowing waitlist movement.+1 OOS complete 9/27. Does anyone know what is the likelihood of getting interview slots based on past years? 😢
Amaazinggg congrats!! What were your stats, if you don't mind?OOS II received 10/18!!! Complete 09/25
Congrats! What were they booking out to for interviews?OOS II received 10/18!!! Complete 09/25
melonball
Full Member
LM 71 🙂Amaazinggg congrats!! What were your stats, if you don't mind?
melonball
Full Member
quite late - FebruaryCongrats! What were they booking out to for interviews?
one_masterpiece
Full Member
Pre II Interview Waitlist/Hold
You don’t need to send thank you letters after WVU interview. The interviewers just need to hear the thank you in personFor those that have already interviewed here, how did you send thank you notes to your interviewers?
It is super chill. My interviewers were super kind and seemed like they genuinely wanted to be there. They have full access to your application though so be prepared for questions.For those who have interviewed already, is the faculty interview blind to secondary and primary app? And was it super formal? Looking for any details I can get lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You had more than one interviewer? From there email I thought there was only one 25 min interview. My interview is coming up, just wanted to make sure I have the right info!It is super chill. My interviewers were super kind and seemed like they genuinely wanted to be there. They have full access to your application though so be prepared for questions.
MisMo
Full Member
Hi I interviewed there as well. There's one interview session, but two interviewers present. They will send you some info about the two people a few days before your interview.You had more than one interviewer? From there email I thought there was only one 25 min interview. My interview is coming up, just wanted to make sure I have the right info!
Yeah there is only one interviewer, there were 3 people present during mine (one was a student). Sorry for the confusion! The school will send you their bios as well in case you have questions (I wasn’t presented an opportunity to ask any but just in case good to have some). Also hope your interview goes well there!You had more than one interviewer? From there email I thought there was only one 25 min interview. My interview is coming up, just wanted to make sure I have the right info!
I'm a very nontraditional IS applicant, good GPA, avg MCAT, but strong ties to WV & WVU school of Nursing, & WVU Hospitals. Got an II Wednesday but only available interview spots were in Feb.
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply WV schools love
WV schools looooove fellow West Virginians (as you likely know) so there is certainly a decent chance. Every school accepts students at different rates as well. Even getting an interview to WVU is challenging so congrats!! Also I think half of their incoming class is from the waitlist every year as well. You may be able to call admissions to see how many spots are left (but I don’t know if that’s possible)? It also doesn’t hurt finishing the secondary to the other school you mentioned. I would try to schedule the interview as early as possible as they are a rolling admissions school. The decision and application review meeting is at the end of the month and you should hear back within the first week of the next month. Hope it goes well, but if not WVU loves community service and volunteer stuff as well.I'm a very nontraditional IS applicant, good GPA, avg MCAT, but strong ties to WV & WVU school of Nursing, & WVU Hospitals. Got an II Wednesday but only available interview spots were in Feb.
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply to.
nephrogiveup
New Member
Like the other person said, WV med schools love people from WV, so I think you have a good chance if you interview well. I would also consider applying to Marshall because they want WV people too. Good luck!I'm a very nontraditional IS applicant, good GPA, avg MCAT, but strong ties to WV & WVU school of Nursing, & WVU Hospitals. Got an II Wednesday but only available interview spots were in Feb.
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply to.