arkansas or illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osushi gurl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my bf is applying to dental school next year and he is wondering which address he should use. He is originally from arkansas but he also has a illinois address (aunt and uncle's home).

there are some schools that participate in the WICHE program, where they save seats for states with no dental schools such as hawaii, arkansas, etc.

do you guys think that he has a better chance at Illinois dental schools if he uses his uncle's address or the WICHE program.

does state of residency matter in his case?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I can't speak for the other schools but I know that the two dental schools in Illinois accept 98% Illinois residents (I think it might be 100%?). So it just depends on where he wants to go to school.

Originally posted by Mangocat
Well, I can't speak for the other schools but I know that the two dental schools in Illinois accept 98% Illinois residents (I think it might be 100%?). So it just depends on where he wants to go to school.

The problem with this is that you are not an actual resident if you're using someone elses address. I'm not too sure if and how they will check your residency, but if they do you might run into a problem. They might be able to tell when you list your high school and college and both of them are not in that particular state. I suggest going through the WICHE program because you are not an actual resident of illinois and i don't think you'll be able to pass that over on them. Hope this helps!

I?m not too sure about WICHE, but I think if you could get residency in Illinois, then it wouldn?t be a bad idea at all, considering that it is one of a few states with two public schools that aren?t ridiculous hard to get into and only accept (mostly) Illinois residents.

I?m biased though.
:hardy: