2/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/03
Application complete date: 06/05
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.88; Overall: 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: In Person

Super duper late.... probably will reject the interview. Wish you all the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #6
School: Midwestern IL
Notification date:
2/13

damn son, they took their time with you

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #6
Notification date:
2/13

I've been told they tend to put off interviewing applicants who are likely to get acceptances elsewhere till the end.

Can you see on the portal when is their last interview?

I've been told they tend to put off interviewing applicants who are likely to get acceptances elsewhere till the end.

Can you see on the portal when is their last interview?
i've noticed this looking at past threads but idk

Interview #6
Notification date:
2/13

I just got my interview last night having sent my application first week in June too. Did you apply last year? I figured mine was because I interviewed here last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my interview last night having sent my application first week in June too. Did you apply last year? I figured mine was because I interviewed here last year.
Were you waitlisted last year?
And if so what did you do during this year to help improve your app?

are u also high stat? seems like a trend

Were you waitlisted last year?
And if so what did you do during this year to help improve your app?
Yea, I feel like they waitlist everyone that applies tbh, their waitlist is huge. I interviewed last year in August and was waitlisted till the end.

I retook the DAT and got a really unique dental job.
are u also high stat? seems like a trend
No my GPA is on the lower end < 3.5 my DAT is a 23AA 24TS, I guess that’s higher than average.

Yea, I feel like they waitlist everyone that applies tbh, their waitlist is huge. I interviewed last year in August and was waitlisted till the end.

I retook the DAT and got a really unique dental job.

No my GPA is on the lower end < 3.5 my DAT is a 23AA 24TS, I guess that’s higher than average.
Are you instate or out of state?

Interview #4
Notification date:
2/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/07
Application complete date: 06/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.83; Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 22 TS, 17 PAT, no

Declining interview!!

Interview #4
Notification date:
2/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/07
Application complete date: 06/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.83; Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 22 TS, 17 PAT, no

Declining interview!!

My stat twin omg maybe they’ll give me an invite haha!

Has anyone heard of any movement off the waitlist?

Has anyone heard of any movement off the waitlist?
they're probably gonna wait around the 15th of next month before making any big moves. If they're still interviewing people, as seen above, chances are they still have plenty of seats. Why bother interviewing more people for-like- 10 seats?

Should I bother sending info updates or should I assume that the schools are keeping an eye on my application?
Do schools get notifications whenever a student updates their application?

Just to double check, im on the waitlist. If theyr'e going to contact me, it's going to be with the email I provided right?

What is their interview type? Is it MMI? Is it closed or open files? Any tips for international student? I am an international so I feel very nervous :(

It’s very relaxed. You’ll be in front of 2 faculty and then have to work in a group for a scenario and you talk about it together. Don’t be nervous. Just be confident and be ready to just make a conversation. Be articulate and make eye contact. They are not trying to trick you either!
Thank you so much! Is it just 1:2 group interview then? How long is it going to be?

Has anyone gotten rejected since Dec. 15 or are we all hanging out on the waitlist while the school continues interviews?

I reached out and they said applicants can hear back up to the first week of classes 🥲

this applies to every school...
this is kinda insane- like, I understand its their business but up to a week before school? Just wish for some transparency here; I feel like I've just been starring at a brick wall.

this is kinda insane- like, I understand its their business but up to a week before school? Just wish for some transparency here; I feel like I've just been starring at a brick wall.
why is it insane?
schools have to fill their classes if someone drops out at the last minute
if you don't like it, you don't have to take the spot
they will find someone that will

and it's not up to the week before school
sometimes it's the first week of school...

Hi everyone I just wanted to remind those committed to a dental school to please consider removing yourself from the waitlist. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that we are still on the waitlist while we got accepted somewhere else. Unless of course this is your top choice. This especially is going to be meaningful to those who haven’t been accepted to any school yet and are waiting to get off of Midwestern CDMI’s waitlist. This will also help reduce the size of individuals on the waitlist to give some chance to others who are still waiting for an acceptance. Lastly, it would ultimately also take away from the awkward conversation of getting a call that you got off of the waitlist while you proceed to say I will decline my offer because I’m committed to another school.

Thank you

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
They interview until May right? Anyone received any interview invites lately or know the latest on interviews?
May? I thought they were done in March/early April. For those who are still getting interview invites, what's the last date available on the schedule?

It only shows a couple dates in the near future, but they do interview through April. Try your best to not overthink this school specifically has one of the highest amount of students on their waitlist. Everyone I know that interviews here was either accepted or waitlisted (mostly).

It’s good to keep hope, but try your best to assume the worst. I’ve been through this last year and I can 100% tell you guys that stressing week in and week out about who got in will do absolutely nothing positive for you. Let go and if It happens thank god, and if not next year. The fact they are still interviewing tells us they probably won’t be looking at the waitlist anytime soon.

Reactions: 1 users
It only shows a couple dates in the near future, but they do interview through April. Try your best to not overthink this school specifically has one of the highest amount of students on their waitlist. Everyone I know that interviews here was either accepted or waitlisted (mostly).

It’s good to keep hope, but try your best to assume the worst. I’ve been through this last year and I can 100% tell you guys that stressing week in and week out about who got in will do absolutely nothing positive for you. Let go and if It happens thank god, and if not next year. The fact they are still interviewing tells us they probably won’t be looking at the waitlist anytime soon.
It’s definitely not healthy but this school is in state for me so I can’t stop hoping to get off their waitlist.

I hate the long waitlist they’re compiling without accepting anyone since 1st week of Jan but nothing I can do but wait anxiously 😂😭.

Last edited: