Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got an email for interview. Will decline my invite. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s definitely not healthy but this school is in state for me so I can’t stop hoping to get off their waitlist.

I hate the long waitlist they’re compiling without accepting anyone since 1st week of Jan but nothing I can do but wait anxiously 😂😭.
they've accepted people
just no one on this site that posted...

they've accepted people
just no one on this site that posted...
Possibly…
I know not everyone is on SDN but I keep seeing others posting and asking about getting off the waitlist (here and elsewhere) and barely any mention of acceptances so it seems to be minimal waitlist movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Possibly…
I know not everyone is on SDN but I keep seeing others posting and asking about getting off the waitlist (here and elsewhere) and barely any mention of acceptances so it seems to be minimal waitlist movement.
that's not what you said...

I don't mean to be a debbie-downer but its getting difficult. My family is silently giving up on me, with my dad suggesting I go to school in the Caribbean.

• Care
I don't mean to be a debbie-downer but its getting difficult. My family is silently giving up on me, with my dad suggesting I go to school in the Caribbean.
Don't give up! i applied twice and finally got in. Definitely give it some time because there are several people who are holding more than one spot. Expect more movement in March and especially April.

• Care
Just gave up my seat! Hope it goes to someone who really deserves it. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
thanks. what school are you going to?
I chose Tufts! really hoping i made the best decision for me. MWU-IL was great but the coa was the same as tufts. Tufts environment and boston fits me better for several other reasons.

I am still waiting on ASDOH and MWU -AZ. Not sure what i would do with Tufts if i got into those... AZ weather is better for me (from miami) and rent is so much cheaper/better.

I thought it was the 15th?

Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. (Only names are reported with no other additional information.) The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
a. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give them a minimum 15-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
b. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
c. Notification times may be shortened after April 15.
d. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who are holding positions at multiple institutions.

Members don't see this ad :)
They accept close to (if not exactly) 140... There’s still quite a few seats open compared to a lot of schools at this point.
Class size is 140 so they probably accept more since not everyone accepts.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites or just finishing the already scheduled interviews?

Not to freak everyone out but-this is taking into account that everyone who was accepted joined the FB group. Not everyone uses or cares for FB.

Additionally, not everyone who joined the FB group was accepted; at least a handful of people

Hi everyone! I just completed my interview today. They said the interviews are coming to a close and expect to hear something in early-mid April since they now have to go back through their interviews. Good luck everyone 😊

Not sure but I see the group me and Facebook group all increasing so I’m assuming people are being accepted…..
can you ask if there's anyone in that group whose not accepted to the school yet?*

edit* simplified my question

Last edited:
Sending love to all us waitlisted people waiting for a phone call and obsessively checking SDN and Reddit for any kind of update ❤️ feels like it’s all i do!

Reactions: 7 users
Has there been any recent update or are they still interviewing?

Has there been any recent update or are they still interviewing?
I reached out to the office of admissions and they said that at the time they were done with interviews and no more were scheduled.

I reached out to the office of admissions and they said that at the time they were done with interviews and no more were scheduled.
So hopefully they should be meeting up soon and just like it was mentioned. They will probably get back to us by the first or second week of April. I appreciate the response!

Just dropped my seat after a very difficult, 4 cycle application process. It was hard doing but thankfully I had options elsewhere. Midwestern was my first ever acceptance and that will be something I will always remember. I hope that somebody deserving gets the spot. I hope it gives somebody an opportunity to pursue their dream. Never give up!!!!! Good luck all!

Reactions: 12 users
Just dropped my seat after a very difficult, 4 cycle application process. It was hard doing but thankfully I had options elsewhere. Midwestern was my first ever acceptance and that will be something I will always remember. I hope that somebody deserving gets the spot. I hope it gives somebody an opportunity to pursue their dream. Never give up!!!!! Good luck all!
Congrats! If you don’t mind what were your stats?