Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

They may actually be sending out waves of acceptances just that we're seeing few people post here and choose to enroll in the school. I can easily see the school sending out 20 acceptances in a week, and-like 2 people are willing to enroll at this point. We already saw a few people say they were accepted but gave up their seat to go somewhere else.

True, we don’t really know what’s actually going on. We gotta hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Members don't see this ad.

Is it safe to say that interviews are done and that they are just reaching out to people that already interviewed and are on the waitlist? Would they ever offer interviews this late?

Is it safe to say that interviews are done and that they are just reaching out to people that already interviewed and are on the waitlist? Would they ever offer interviews this late?
Based on what multiple people have said I am pretty sure they finished with interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
They may actually be sending out waves of acceptances just that we're seeing few people post here and choose to enroll in the school. I can easily see the school sending out 20 acceptances in a week, and-like 2 people are willing to enroll at this point. We already saw a few people say they were accepted but gave up their seat to go somewhere else.
I agree but if they sent a wave of acceptances the fb would have gone up at least like 10 since they’re required to join. So I think they are just sending out some right now and will send out a bigger wave next week. At this point anything is possible.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree but if they sent a wave of acceptances the fb would have gone up at least like 10 since they’re required to join. So I think they are just sending out some right now and will send out a bigger wave next week. At this point anything is possible.
Are you sure they're required to join? Can you join without being accepted? How many people do they have?

Are you sure they're required to join? Can you join without being accepted? How many people do they have?
Ik most schools send in their email telling them that they are required to join. Unless Mid does it different it should be like the rest. I don’t think you can join without being accepted.

Ik most schools send in their email telling them that they are required to join. Unless Mid does it different it should be like the rest. I don’t think you can join without being accepted.
I don't even have a facebook account.... damn, you Zuckerberg.

I don't even have a facebook account.... damn, you Zuckerberg.
lol but honestly I have no idea what’s going on and wether there class is full or not unless someone that was accepted here wants to share any info on the class size or someone calls admission

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing at all? Has anyone talked to them recently and has an update?

what are the chances that when I finish my masters, which my last class ends next week, I can expect a call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone reached out to them to see when we can expect to hear anything?

Think we'll hear back next week for the next round of acceptances?

Think we'll hear back next week for the next round of acceptances?
I wish I can give you an answer. At this point all we can do is keep waiting till people say they are getting accepted or we see a big jump in the fb.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing at all? Has anyone talked to them recently and has an update?
Currently student rn and I heard a faculty member say theyre done interviewing this cycle and trying to fill the last couple spots :/

Reactions: 2 users
Currently student rn and I heard a faculty member say theyre done interviewing this cycle and trying to fill the last couple spots :/
Thank you for the answer. It seems like they have a few more seats left. Did they mention when they would be filling those seats? Are they gonna send a wave? I really appreciate the response :)

by filling the spots, I am assuming those that have already interviewed, sigh, I guess the next application cycle will open up and here we go again lol

Any news?
None yet I mean they should have a couple more seats still available (should be more then 10) assuming no one else is sitting on an acceptance. So it’s best to be patient and not to give up. It seems like they are gonna fill those spots up soon.

Last edited:
None yet I mean they should have a couple more seats still available (should be more then 10) assuming no one else is sitting on an acceptance. So it’s best to be patient and not to give up. It seems like they are gonna fill those spots up soon.
Here’s hope!
I’ve been told that it could be up to June or later once their waitlist movement is done but my anxiety can’t be helped. I saw their fb group is about 120 but class size is supposed to be 140 so it’s a bit close to done (especially that not everyone has a fb).

Here’s hope!
I’ve been told that it could be up to June or later once their waitlist movement is done but my anxiety can’t be helped. I saw their fb group is about 120 but class size is supposed to be 140 so it’s a bit close to done (especially that not everyone has a fb).
Yea they should have less than 121 actual students in there. I’m not to sure about June or later, maybe by end of may max because it wouldn’t make sense to wait longer, especially since it’s close to applications. But if anyone has any updates let us know please. Here’s hope to an answer soon!!😁

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been told many stories about students on the waitlist at this specific school receiving calls all the way up to July/August. You have to remember some students accepted here, might be on the waitlist somewhere else & if accepted, may accept that seat instead- ultimately, opening a seat here. Don't give up hope but it wouldn’t hurt to prepare for the next cycle!

I’ve been told many stories about students on the waitlist at this specific school receiving calls all the way up to July/August. You have to remember some students accepted here, might be on the waitlist somewhere else & if accepted, may accept that seat instead- ultimately, opening a seat here. Don't give up hope but it wouldn’t hurt to prepare for the next cycle!
I agree with that but that’s if they had filled up all of the seats. They still have seats available and they should have those filled before the next cycle. If someone does drop after they’re filled you can get a call that late.

Last edited:
Be at peace friends! There's no need to stress or worry :) I hope we all get the news soon. We have fought and done all we can and you should be incredibly proud of the journey. What will be, will be and all we can do is be hopeful! Wishing each and everyone of you the best success and I greatly appreciate all the updates in this thread so far. Hoping we're all colleagues one day :)

• Care
Be at peace friends! There's no need to stress or worry :) I hope we all get the news soon. We have fought and done all we can and you should be incredibly proud of the journey. What will be, will be and all we can do is be hopeful! Wishing each and everyone of you the best success and I greatly appreciate all the updates in this thread so far. Hoping we're all colleagues one day :)
Lol, I alternate between inner-peace/believing in myself and extreme anxiety over getting a rejection email! 😂

Anyone instate on the waitlist? Or know of anyone instate being accepted?

I feel like it’s mostly out of state students being accepted.

I called admissions today to ask how many seats are left they said the admissions committee doesn't give that info out...

So couple seats left it is lol 🙂 Good luck everyone, I trust that everything will always work out!!! ✨🤠

I called admissions today to ask how many seats are left they said the admissions committee doesn't give that info out...

So couple seats left it is lol 🙂 Good luck everyone, I trust that everything will always work out!!! ✨🤠
Did you ask when they plan to send out more acceptances?

Just finished a final and thus finished my masters. Would it be worth it to email the school this or to wait till grades come in?

Just finished a final and thus finished my masters. Would it be worth it to email the school this or to wait till grades come in?
I would just wait for grades to come in. Once they do I would send the email. This is hopes that we would get a response soon for acceptances.

I would just wait for grades to come in. Once they do I would send the email. This is hopes that we would get a response soon for acceptances.

I agree! That way you can add your unofficial transcript to the email!

Has anyone recently asked? But here’s hope to them sending it soon!
I just called admissions & she said it’s up to the admissions committee when they’ll be sending out more acceptances, so she couldn’t give me a day or time. Sounds like there’s going to be more though!!! 🤞🏻

I just called admissions & she said it’s up to the admissions committee when they’ll be sending out more acceptances, so she couldn’t give me a day or time. Sounds like there’s going to be more though!!! 🤞🏻
Yes I called as well a few days ago and they said they have stopped conducting interviews!

Did you ask them if they are going to send out more acceptances or when. Because it wouldn’t make sense for them to not fill up their seats before the next cycle begins. After that they give calls if anyone drops.

Did you ask them if they are going to send out more acceptances or when. Because it wouldn’t make sense for them to not fill up their seats before the next cycle begins. After that they give calls if anyone drops.
They will not tell you when the next wave will be, unfortunately….

I will not be!
Good to clear this up.
So much anxiety in this place I can smell it from my monitor. At least we know admins are still regularly sending invites. Also, makes me wonder if they had a a set of students lined up to be called after you or they're doing a set number day by day.

Good to clear this up.
So much anxiety in this place I can smell it from my monitor. At least we know admins are still regularly sending invites. Also, makes me wonder if they had a a set of students lined up to be called after you or they're doing a set number day by day.
I’m assuming they are only sending one or two a day. By the way the numbers going up they should be done by like mid may. But I completely agree about the anxiety. It’s always there even when you try to not think about it 😔.

Good to clear this up.
It’s because they don’t send out any denials, so everyone they interview is waitlisted and are all left hanging.

It’s because they don’t send out any denials, so everyone they interview is waitlisted and are all left hanging.
Which I feel like there’s definitely students on their massive waitlist that they most likely wouldn’t accept anymore (now that they’re done interviewing) so they should be making both notifications and putting us out of our anxious misery 😬😭

Which I feel like there’s definitely students on their massive waitlist that they most likely wouldn’t accept anymore (now that they’re done interviewing) so they should be making both notifications and putting us out of our anxious misery

According to last year’s SDN, the rejections were starting to be sent out early/mid June